Chapter 36: Blinded

DARE ME!!!

“Eeeww….yak….ano ba ito…. Ayaw ko niyan!”…….tinulak ni Nathan palayo ang plato….

“Pano ba iyan…ikaw lang ang hindi nakagawa….so wala kang choice kundi manghalik ng girl sa lips!!”…..tukso dito ni Matt…

“Hindi ba pwedeng ikaw na lang?”…. ipinikit-pikit nito ang mata….

“HINDI!!”…. iwas ni Matt dito..nagtago sa likod ni Mel…

Tinignan nito si Kim……nagmamakaawa….

“Sorry friend… dare is dare…. Kaya kakain ka ba?…o manghahalik ka ng girl sa lips?”….. natatawang sabi ni Kim…

“None of the above!!”…he said…

“wala kang choice….. You have too!!”….sabat ni Mel…

“hoy….babaeng mukhang wife ni chuckie…. Wala akong balak madisize ang labi ko……lalo na kung hindi si Papa Matt!!”…lingon nito kay Matt….

“Wala ka talagang choice…. Halika na…maghanap na tayo ng prospect!!”…hila dito ni Kim…. Naglakad
sila pabalik sa school campus….

Kim was busy pointing for Nathan’s prospect…..puro iling lang ang ginagawa nito…… when she saw him…. It was him.. Gerald is here…. He’s playing basketball… she watch him dribble that ball….and made a shot… Kim smiled… he’s really good on playing hoops….when she heard a bunch of girls cheering for him… she watch him as he smiled on those girls….and even wave at them….

Masakit sa kanya…pero she knows….that he’s back to his old self…. Na nagtatry na itong bumalik sa dati nitong buhay…. Siya bilang emo…. And him bilang the loverboy of town….

She look at the other way…when she heard one of the girl saying something to Gerald…. “buti naman you’re back na…. we we’re wondering why you hangout with that weird girl….. And her weird friends…”

Sa inis niya….she walk straight to Gerald in the middle of the girls who’s surrounding him….pushing them away….”Excuse me….”…she tapped Gerald’s shoulder…

Gerald was stunned to see her…. Tinignan siya nito mula ulo hanggang paa…. Frowning….

“ walang personalan…. Natalo lang sa dare!!”…she grabbed him from the polo shirt he’s wearing….pulling him….and kiss him real hard…. She heard the surprised sigh of the girls around them….

Gerald didn’t respond the kiss nor stopped the kiss…. He let her kiss him… He stopped himself for responding… be tough…be tough!! When she smiled….he knows that she’s just trying to make a point on the girls around them….. Nanghinayang siya……..akala pa naman niya….Kim want’s him back….. What do you expect Gerald…..kahit kailan …umaasa ka pa rin!!

Kim let go….and turned her back to the crowd….head up high…. Weird pala ha!!… Nathan stop her….”teka…..diba nagawa mo yung……aray!!”… hindi naituloy ni Nathan ang sasabihin ng bigla siyang sikmuraan ni Kim….

She’s starting to march out on that place…when Gerald grab her hand that was injured and look at it..…. She took off the bandage….kaya expose ang stitches….but the wound was almost dried though….

He pulled her where his bag is…..he have a set of extra small bandages on his first aid kit….. He put it on to her fingers…..

Kim wanted to cry…. Why does he needed to be so caring…..bakit ba hindi na lang siya maging masungit……

“Hey….avril lavigne is back?…”…it was Fred’s voice….

Gerald walk away after he put the bandage on Kim’s fingers….. Fred notice the cold treatment ….and the awkwardness of them to each other………..

“Back to normal?”…he asked…

Kim smiled….

Gerald is trying to control himself not to look back on Kim… who cares kung iniwan niya si Fred at Kim na naguusap…. OO nga pala…nandito rin pala yung Nathan…. Sa sobrang inis niya…. Hinagis niya ang bola sa court….but it was too hard…na nag bounce back ito and almost hit Nathan’s face……. Natakot ito..at nagmamadaling nagpunta sa tabi ni Kim……

“girla……..”…..hindi nito naituloy ang sasabihin ng makita si Fred….

Kim closed Nathan’s mouth using her hands…….”Act like a guy….I’ve paid your kissing debt…..kaya you pay me too!!”…. she whispered to him…..

“I……ehem…”cleared his throat…. “Pare…. I’m Nathan!!”….offering his hands….

Fred accepted it….”Fred! Bro!!”….

“Akin ka na lang!!”…..biglang nasabi ni Nathan….. Siniko siya ni Kim sa dibdib… nagkandaubo ito…

Fred frowned… “Ano yung Sinabi mo?….”..

“Wala…..wala siyang Sinabi….” Kim grabbed Nathan’s hands that still on Fred’s….. “Halika na!!”…. she pulled him and walk away!!….

Nang malayo na sila…she look back….and saw Gerald…still shooting some hoops…. .. He’s back….. And looks okay without me!! ………without me………

“Omg girlash…..did you see that hunk…. Grabe ang muscle….. Sarap hawakan….”…

“hoy…..tumalandi ka na namang bakla ka…. Ikaw…nakikipagflirt ka na nga kay Matt….pati ba naman kay Fred?.. Namamangka ka sa dalawang ilog!!”…she said…

“ang haba ng hair ko….. Pero grabe talaga yang boylet mo….. Gusto yatang basagin ang beautiful face ko!!”….

Kim gave a sigh…. “Okay na siya…. Hindi na niya ako kailangan…. Siguro…it’s about time to give it up!”….she said…

Nathan put his arms around her shoulder….. “Girlash…… ayoko na sanang sabihin pa …kasi obvious naman eh…. Na mahal mo siya… …at since mahal mo siya….bakit hindi mo aminin sa kanya yon…. Diba… you owe him a lot…kasi bigla mo siyang iniwan noon…. Siguro naman…he deserve to know the truth…. You owe him the truth!”…..

Kim put her head against Nathan shoulder….”Friend…salamat ha!!. Thanks for being a good friend!!”….

“Shi*!! Shi*!”… Gerald kept on cursing… nakikita niya ang dalawang naglalambingan… he wanted to throw the ball at them…. “she kiss me in front of that stupid guy….tapos makikipagflirt kay Fred….and now…. He’s back on that stupid guy’s arms… Ano ba ito?… pinaglalaruan ba ni Kim ang feelings niya?”

“Bro…easy ka lang… ..”..Fred said…

“Bro…look at her………… look!!…. She was kissing me just a while ago…..and now…she’s with someone’s arms… “….

“Who…that guy?… nagseselos ka dun sa guy na kasama ni Kim?”…..Fred chuckled…

“What’s so damn funny?…..”…Gerald asked…

“Bro…. you’re too blinded to see the truth…because of your jealousy. But I’m telling you right now…. There is definitely nothing going on between Kim…and that gay……… I mean……. that guy!!”….Fred smiled….

Gerald was left thinking what Fred is trying to say……

Blinded………because of jealousy……….???

(Tanga mo talaga Gerald……. Dapat yung gay!!”)