Chapter 3: The Grinch

DARE ME!!!

The next day…

Kim in the campus rying to find Matt and Mel. Nasan na ba yung dalawang yon. Iwanan daw ba ako. She was riding her skateboard inside the campus trying to look for her friends…when she heard a familiar voice…

“Hey Miss… Are you looking for me?”..

Pagharap niya.. She saw the brown eyes staring at her… She was starstruck, that she forgot she was riding the darn skateboard. Next thing she knows, she was laying down on the cement with an aching back… “Aray!!”…she cried..

“Miss… Miss… okay ka lang?”.. The guy tried to help her… But she pushed his hands away..

“Diba sabi ko sayo… hindi mo ko kakilala… you will act that we don’t know each other…”.. she said trying to stand up.. She tried to massage her lower back…

“Miss… okay ka lang??!!”.. Nagaalalang tanong niya… then he start massaging her lower back ..

Kim was surprise… No one ever done that before… Every he’s making on her lower back was filled with care.. Deep inside her… kahit pilit nyang itago.. She was pleased with his actions… But she needs to compose herself… Tinabig nya ang mga kamay nito…

“Hoy… wala kang karapatang hawakan ako… GET LOST!!”.. she yelled at him..

Gerald chuckled… he could see her face turned red… “Trying to be a Maria Clara?!!… eh yesterday.. Kulang na lang durugin mo ang lips ko!”…

Kims’ face is much redder now…”Bastos na to… Hoy.. Just to let you know… it was just a stupid consequence… and like what I told you yesterday.. You will be invincible to me!!”.. she grabbed her skateboard then tried to walk away… but Gerald would not let her…

“HEp Hep!!.. Where do you think your going?! “.. hinarangan nya ang dadaanan nito….”Pagkatapos mo akong pagsamantalahan kahapon… you took away my ity you know… tapos iiwanan mo lang ako ng ganon… ganon lang!!”… he teases him with a loud voice…. That people around them can hear their conversation..

Kims’ eyes widened… She looks around.. And she saw people were staring at them and mumbling…. She closed her eyes… took a big breath… Mel said… wag intindihin ang iisipin ng iba… Matt said… maging matatag… 1... 2... 3.…

“Naghihintay ka ba ng halik? Sabihin mo lang… I will be honored to teach… since you’re not capable of teaching me.”.. he winked his eyes…

….sh**… she took a deep breath…. Again…again… 1...2... 3...

“O baka naman inaalala mo pa rin yung kahapon… let’s just make a new memories… this time… I’ll do the lead… since you don’t know how!!”.. he teases him more… He was loving the way her face turned red… He knows she’s trying to compose herself…but he can see that she’s about to blow out!!

Kim knows she needs to go… bago pa man nya masapok ang lalaking ito… One big breath…siguro let me start on the bigger number… 10... 9... 8...

Gerald look at her hair… the sun rays were glowing in her long black hair… shiny… He couldn’t help but to touch it and his fingers on it… “Lovely!!”.. he whispered…

Kim frozed… What the hell is he doing… She could feel his fingers running through her nape …going down to her back…. To her surprise… it soothes her… The anger she was feeling earlier was gradually fading… To her surprised… it actually releasing her tensions…and relax her… Anong number na ba ako.... 28....40... 50...

Gerald could feel her body responding through his actions… He smiled… He neared himself and smell her hair…”Sweet!!”.. he whispered on her ears…”See… you’re not as tough as what you think you are!! “..

Kim felt the tension back… “GET LOST!”.. she said… then took a big steps… but he still didn’t let her…

“Tell me your name first!!”… he said…

“The nerve!!… Get lost!!”… she repeated…

Para silang naglalaro ng patintero in the middle of the campus ground… Since Gerald is good on playing guard in the court…. He was winning the game…

“Sh** !! Ano ba!! Wala ka bang ibang mapuntarya…at ako ang binubwisit mo!! Daming babaeng nakanganga dyan oh… naghihintay na maloko sila… so sila na lang ang bwisitin mo…may mapapala ka pa!! Now… Get lost!!”….

“Mouthful ka ha!!… I bet your first word is Sh**! “…he smiled…. “I just want your name… then you can go!!”…

“SADAKO!”… she tried to pushed him….big mistake… her hand landed on his chest… O-UH… she could feel his muscles moving… she pulled her hand back…as quickly as she can… her mind is becoming green for some reason… Damn this guy!! let me count.....85...69...damn!!

Geralds’ smiled widened… Hindi sya manhid para hindi maramdaman ang tension na nararamdaman ng babae sa harap… “Last name??”…

“KIM!!”… she heard someone calling her name… she didn’t want to look…baka malaman pa ng lalakeng ito kung ano talaga ang pangalan nya… “GET lost!!”.. she tried to walk away…

“CHIU!”… another voice calling her…she knows it’s Matt…

“Not so fast young girl… give me your name first! I’m Gerald Anderson… and you are??”

“KIM!” Mel voice…
“CHIU” then Matt… ang galing talaga ng timing nitong dalawa…

Mel tapped her on her shoulder…. “KIM… ano ba… kanina ka pa namin hinahanap!! Dito ka lang pala!!”.. 

“OO nga Chiu… itong si Mel mangangagat na… “…

She tried to give Mel and Matt a warning…but it was too late…

“Halika na Kim!!”.. and she repeated it again…

“Let’s go Ms. Chiu!!” and he repeated it again……

She look at the guy named Gerald… He’s smile never left his mouth… Now it’s more like the grinch smile… very naughty… “GET LOST GRINCH!!”…

Gerald move back.. He got what he wants… “I can live with that!! See you later….Ms. KIM CHIU…. Or probably KIMMY is better!!”… then took off…

“Wait… diba sya yung guy na kiniss mo kahapon?! Yung nagsabi na di ka daw marunong humalik?!”… Mel said tactlessly ..

“Alam mo Mel.. Minsan yung dila mo…parang may kiti kiti!! Ayaw tumigil.. Lagi kang mali ng timing eh…”… she walk away.. Giving Matt a hard blow on his stomach… “Aray! “

Mel was left confused… “anong kasalanan ko??”

Matt was scratching his head… “Init ng ulo non!” …massaging his stomach…

………….

Gerald was sitting on the bench near the court… He was watching her… Despite of her physical appearance… the girl was graceful upon her moves… The way she walks was filled with class… Her hair was being blown by wind…. No makeup on… but still have that natural beauty… porcelain skin… Even when she landed on her back because of the skateboard… she kept her posture and grace… “She is definitely different…… beauty….but different!!”..

………………

Grinch…. The grinch talaga… Her hands were trembling… She knows her world would not be the same anymore… She was confused of the feelings forming inside her… Pano ba nya ipagkakaila na he’s actually making a mark inside her…especially her longing heart… When he massage her back..she could feel the emptiness inside her soul is slowly being filled with something….she couldn’t figure it out…but she likes the feeling of it….

She touch her hair… when he was her hair earlier… she felt her tensions and anger were all fading… she was feeling light… for the first time in her life… she felt beautiful!! And it’s all THE GRINCH fault!!