Chapter 11: Taking Risk

DARE ME!!!

Gerald could hear the music from the reception area… he’s guessing that it’s time for the bride and groom first dance…

The sunset was almost over… he look at Kim…the golden rays reflecting really nice on her porcelain skin…

“Okay na ba yang paa mo?”.. he asked…

“Okay na!! Salamat ha!! “.. she said….

Gerald smiled… “Hindi ko matatanggap ang simpleng thank you lang….”.. he stood up and offered his hands to her…”Can I have this dance…”…

Kim was just staring at his hands… she knows na kapag tinanggap niya ang kamay nito…para na rin niyang inamin na sumusuko na siya….

But Gerald insisted…. “Please?”…

Kim took a deep breath… “Fine… pero bayad ito ha… so quits na tayo!”… she said…

“Okay…quits na tayo..”… he grabbed her both hands… guide it to his neck… then his hands slowly landed on her waist….

The music was True of Ryan Cabrera……

I won't talk
I won't breathe
I won't move till you finally see
That you belong with me

Kim closed her eyes… it felt good to be in his arms… she probably dreaming….but she will take this dream for now..…then deal with reality later… she lay her head on his shoulders…trying to listen to his heart beat…. Why it felt so good to be with him…right here….right now?……..she have no answer…

You might think
I don't look
But deep inside in the corner of my mind
I'm attached to you

Gerald smiled remain on his face…his eyes were closed aswell… It seems like their world stop revolving…. Their time stops… He lay his chin on top of her head…. The feeling is indescribable..

I'm weak
It's true
Cause I'm afraid to know the answer
Do you want me too?
Cause my heart keeps falling faster

She was listening to the lyrics… it’s true… she’s afraid to know the answer…. Na baka pag nagtanong siya…bigla siyang mawala na parang bula… and she did fall……. faster than she taught…..

I've waited all my life
To cross this line
To the only thing that's true
So I will not hide
It's time to try anything to be with you
All my life I've waited
This is true

From the song…through the girl in her arms right now… it finally hit him…. He do really like this girl… na kahit baligtarin nya pa ang mundo…. Despite of her difference….he learned to appreciate it without even trying to change her…. Why would I change her ….when everything about her makes him a better person……..

You don't know
What you do
Everytime you walk into the room
I'm afraid to move

She is afraid…. Scared of him…scared of what she feels for him….even it’s already undeniably obvious….she tried to avoid it…. Dahil natatakot siyang sumugal…… pero hanggang kailan kaya?? She grinned….

I'm weak
It's true
I'm just scared to know the ending
Do you see me too?
Do you even know you met me?

I've waited all my life
To cross this line
To the only thing that's true
So I will not hide
It's time to try, anything to be with you
All my life I've waited
This is true

Gerald finally admitted to himself na she’s the girl.. He knows… na mahihirapan siya….but it should be worth it……. He slowly tightened his hands to her waist….. When she didn’t complain…. He hugged her tightly…. And gave her a kiss on top of her head…

I know when I go
I'll be on my way to you
The way that's true

I've waited all my life
To cross this line
To the only thing thats true
So I will not hide
It's time to try, anything to be with you
All my life I've waited
This is true

The song was over…. Pero di pa rin sila bumibitiw…. Gerald hate to ruin the moment…. But he have to tell her now… he already made a decision…and he wants to see her reaction….

“Kim”… he said in a very low tone… through her ears….

Kim kept her eyes close…she was still on her dreamland…. “hmmnn”…

“I-I Think I’ve F-fallen in love with you”……he mumbled….but was able to say it to her….

Kim opened her eyes…. Did she heard it right…. O baka kung ano-ano lang ang naririnig niya….. Pero sigurado siya… may narinig siyang love…. Ano ba yung love na yon?….

“Kim?…”..he called her…. “Did you hear me? I said …I’ve fallen in love with you!”… he repeated….

Kim pushed his body away from her…..”Hindi ako naniniwala sayo…”…she said…. Marching back to the clubhouse…but Gerald stopped her….

“Kim… Listen to me… I said I’ve fallen for you… please believe me!”…. he was holding her arms….

“Tigilan mo ako… hindi ako pwedeng maniwala sayo… Pano ka magkakagusto sa isang tulad ko?”…she asked… her eyes were starting to moist… “kung nagbibiro ka….masamang biro ito…hindi nakakatawa…”…

“Kim..look at me…. Hindi ako nagbibiro… at Hindi ako nagsisinungaling… I too myself taught about this for a longest time….. And now… I know… I’m in love with you!”…he confessed…

Kim kept pushing him…”Eh… Gago ka pala eh… Bigyan mo ako ng magandang rason….kung bakit dapat kitang paniwalaan… Gerald… tignan mo ako…….. Tignan mo ang sarili mo… kung matino ang mata mo……… makikita mong hindi tayo parehas………. Magkaiba ang mundo natin!!”…

“Why do I have to give out reason…. There’s no need for a reason on anything, if you love someone……. And so what…kung magkaiba tayo…. That doesn’t stop my feelings for you…….. Please kim…. Let me show you that my feelings are true…….”…he was begging her….

“And then what……. Kapag pagod ka na… bigla ka na lang mawawala….na parang bula…. Hindi ko hahayaang masaktan ulit… tama na yung hirap ko sa daddy ko nung iniwan niya ako…. And I won’t let you do that to yourself… dealing with me is not easy….kaya nga umalis ang lahat ng mahal ko sa buhay….dahil they can’t handle me…….. So don’t even bother …….. Kasi alam ko…aalis ka rin!!”… she said… tears were falling from her eyes….. She tried to wiped it…but Gerald saw it already…

“Why are you putting yourself down… Don’t you see how special you are…. Take me…. Accept me… let me show you…how special you are…”….

“Tama na Gerald… wag mo ng bilugin ang ulo ko… tigilan mo na ang kalokohang ito… wag mo ng pahirapan ang sarili mo…. Mahirap mahalin ang isang tulad mo…. Dahil…ikaw..maraming nagmamahal at magmamahal sayo….. Yung mga babae…nakatanghod sayo..naghihintay na bigyan mo sila ng kahit konting panahon mo….. Yun ang mga normal na babae……… ako….mahihirapan ka lang….dahi hindi ako normal…. “…

Gerald took a deep breath… “Sinasabi mong ako ang mahirap mahalin….. Pero kung tutuusin…it’s you who don’t want to take a risk… Ikaw ang mahirap mahalin…dahil you’re so afraid to try and loss… Kim…loving someone is a gumble… you may win…you may loss… but the most important is that you took the risk… and you will stick on what you’ve chosed….. “

He moved away …..”I’ll let you have the time and space that you needed….but that doesn’t stop me from loving you…. Kim…. I’m taking the risk…….. How about you…. When will you even dare to take the risk?”…. and walked away……..

Kim was left crying…. Taking a risk?? Ganon ba kadali yon?… Hindi!! Kaya ka nga umiiyak ngayon eh…. Kasi hindi madali!!!