7

When desires comes in between(discontinued)

-Lay POV-

Everyone else had already left since practice was over for them. After changing back into my uniform, I went back to the pool and sat at the bleachers.

I watched as Suho helped Jiyeon perfect her butterfly stoke. It was Suho's signature so of course the coach would ask him to help her. Jiyeon had improved but only slightly but you could never see any sign of annoyance on Suho's face. He was always so encouraging. One of his charms I guess you could say.

It was obvious that Jiyeon was growing tired but she was still trying her hardest. That is one of her charms. The effort she puts in is just amazing.

The coach walked over to them and told them to call it a day. Jiyeon looked reluctant but Suho persuaded her out of the pool. I walked over to them and passed them each a towel. They both thanked me before going to change.

-30 minutes later-

We walked out the building together. Jiyeon was still frustrated about not being able to get it. Suho tried to lighten up her mood but it wasn't working. I tried to help but she was too upset to hear us out. We walked in silence towards the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was already pretty full by the time we got there for dinner. Jiyeon had finally stopped thinking about the butterfly stoke and was happily choosing what she wanted. After choosing what we wanted, we looked around for our friends. Of course we spot the frantically waving Chanyeol first. All of us smile at his hyperness and walked towards him. Basically everyone was here except, Kris, Chen, and Amber weren't here yet.

"Where's Kris, Chen, and Amber?" Jiyeon asked.

"Probably coming." Baekhyun said while drinking his milk. We all nodded and started digging in.

"SO HUNGRY!!" Chen said as the three plopped down on to the table. We looked at the three that just arrived. Amber and Chen were furiously digging into their meal, as if they haven't eaten in years. But then again, that's how they always looked like after practice. On the other hand, Kris was furiously stabbing at his food with a mad expression. Someone wasn't happy and we were all afraid. A mad Kris is not a pretty Kris.

Trying to lighten up the tense atmosphere, Baekhyun starts. "Where is your other friend? She's never around."

"You mean Avery?" Jiyeon asked. Baekhyun nodded.

"I actually don't know. She prefers to be alone than be around strangers." Amber said. No one had noticed Kris's aura becoming more dark.

"But we could become friends.She seems like a cool person." Luhan said and then looked towards Suho. "You're friends with her. Why don't you try to bring her along?"

"Like Amber said, she prefers to be alone. Plus she isn't comfortable with her Korean yet so she likes to keep to herself." Suho simply added.

"Hmm...We should drag her to have dinner tomorrow." Chanyeol said happily.

-clink- Everyone looked at Kris who had slammed his fork down onto his plate full of untouched food.

"Why the heck would you want someone like her to eat with us?"he said with a mad tone.

"What are you talking about Kris?" Jiyeon said a bit surprised.

Without giving an answer, Kris stood up and walked toward the trashcan. He threw away the plate of food before storming out of the caferteria. I looked at Suho who just looked as clueless as me. Everyone was too.

"What's wrong with him?" Kai asked. Everyone looked at each other for an answer but no one could give one. Still a bit confused, everyone continued eating and talking here and there.

I played with my food as I couldn't stop thinking about Kris. We've known each other the longest. He's always been a guy who knew what he wanted and tried his hardest to get it done. He holds strict rules to himself. He may seem cold at first but he's really a caring guy. It just takes a little more to get him to trust you.

Still it's been a while since I've seen him act up like that. It wasn't like anything big either. We just wanted to have Avery tag along with us for dinner. I wonder what's wrong with that.

After a few more minutes of playing with the food, I couldn't stand it. I got up and threw away my trash before walking out to find him. I was worried about him.

I walked throughout the school. Classroom after classroom. Still no sign of him. I stopped to ask other fellow students but none have seen him. That's when it hit me. What the heck am I doing here? I ran as fast I could toward the spot where I hoped he be at.

Huffing and puffing, I stopped running and took a break in front of the door to the indoor basketball court. Still breathing heavily, I slowly push open the door. I let out a sigh of relief when I see him sitting at the bleachers. He hasn't noticed me yet as I walked towards him. He was looking intently at the thing that he was holding.

I walked onto the bleachers and stood in front of him. He looked up to me with his empty eyes before looking back at the object in his hands. Curiously, I looked at it to. I froze at the sight. That keychain.

DIdn't he lose it?

I sat beside him and leaned back. I watched him as he watched the keychain.

"It's been a long time hasn't it?" I said softly.

He didn't move. He didn't reply. Just kept looking at the keychain, grazing his finger on it.

--------------------------------------

ignore mistakes please :)

Comment and subscribe please XD