15

When desires comes in between(discontinued)

-No One POV-

It was 6:30am. Avery had just finished changing. Quietly, she opened and closed her door. Carefully, she walked down the quiet hallway, trying not to wake anyone.

Reaching the bottom floor, she went to the kitchen. She grabbed two bottles of water and a few snacks. After putting them in her bag and checking everything, she walked to the door. She placed a small note on the kitchen table telling the others that she went out. After putting her shoes on, she took out her DSLR and hanged it around her neck. Finally ready, she left the house.

-Avery POV-

I walked for about 30 minutes until I reached the destination. I felt like it was a good place to use my camera. I haven't taken photos in awhile so why not do it here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhWess6PLq0s0jrQubVml

The sun was already out and shining brightly. There was no distinct walkway but it's fine. I enjoy feeling the ground itself underneath my shoes. I walked farther and farther into the woods. I enjoyed feeling the slight breeze against my skin. I enjoyed how the sun shone so brightly on me. With my camera in hand, I captured different scenes.

It continued like that for awhile. Walking. Snapping. Looking. Enjoying.

I didn't know how long I have been walking or how far I have walked. I soon found myself at the point where the trees stopped growing. It was becoming more rocky. Grass was growing but not enough to cover the smooth looking rocks.

I lifted my camera up to take a picture of the view. As I focused my camera, I noticed a small figure sitting on the edge. I wasn't expecting to see others this early. I put down my camera and walked closer to the figure. As I grew closer, I realized who it was.

"Lay?" I asked. The figure took off his beats and turned around. It was him.

"Oh. Didn't think I would see you here." He said before turning back to the view.

Awkwardly, I walked a little closer before deiciding to sit down.

9631434-relex-day-on-the-morning-at-stro (a/n exactly the way Lay and Avery are situated.)

I unwrapped the camera from myself and set it aside along with my bag. I pulled out my water bottle and gulped half of it down. I glanced over at Lay. He was just sitting there, motionless. His gaze was so focused on whatever it was looking at. I looked in front to try to see what he could possibly be looking at. All there was more rocks and more trees on the other side. I shrugged and drew my knees a bit closer. I turned my head to watch the water flow. It was motly a smooth mass of water except the occasionally disconnection. I wondered how it would feel to jump into the water from here. It seemed like something exciting to do but also something I couldn't imagine myself doing. Maybe Amber would though.

"Why are you here?" Lay said, breaking the silence.

I tucked some of my hair behind my ear before clearing my throat. "Wanted to take some photos."

"You brought your camera?" I nodded. He smiled a little before turning a little towards me. "Can I see it?"

I nodded and passed him my camera. I smiled a little watching his face brighten up as he examined the camera. I drew my knees as close to my chest as possible and wrapped my arms around them. I placed my chin on top of them as I stared out in front of me.

I knew I didn't come here to just take photos. It wouldn't have bothered me if I wasn't able to use my camera. I just needed an excuse to get out of the house alone. I didn't want to be near them especially Jiyeon and Kris. I needed to think more deeply about what had happened. But how could I think more deeply when I was already stuck where I was.

-snap-

I lifted my chin off my knees and looked over at the direction of the sound. It was from Lay and the camera.

"I'm actually pretty good at this." He said as he looked at the photo he had taken. He got up and went to sit next to me. He showed me the photo.

It was just me. Boring old me. I smiled small smile for him before turning my view back to the front. We sat there in silence. Neither daring to speak. Enjoying each other's company. Who would have knew that I would be enjoying the company from the guy who stared the creep out of me.

Suddenly, a question popped in my head. I opened my bag and grabbed a pen and notebool out. I wrote the question down and passed it him. He eyed me confusingly. I gestured him to read it. Finally he took the notebook and silently read the question. He let out a small chuckle before passing the notebook back to me.

"Is it a crime to stare at people?" He continued to laugh softly. I pouted and pointed to the question on the paper. He made a thinking face.

"Hmm..maybe it's because you remind me of someone."

I reminded him of someone? I hurriedly wrote on the notebook and passed it to him. Who?

"Someone who I haven't seen for a long time." He let out a sigh. I didn't want to make him say anymore so I just nodded.

"Her name was Dawn. She was the same age as us. She was one of most amazing person in the world. She knew when someone needed help. She knew how to make anyone smile. Her smile was literally what kept me going. She was really important to me. Kris too."

When I heard him say Kris I was a bit surprised. So I wrote on my notebook again. Kris knew her too?

He nodded. "It was just me, Kris, and Dawn. We were super close and looked out for each other. Kris would always be the one who let his emotions get the best of him. Dawn and I would always be the ones to keep him calm. Kris didn't have a good relationship with his family so Dawn would always be the one to call him once he got home to make everything was alright. She always pestered me about needing to gain weight. She would make me lunch everyday and make sure I ate it." He laughed a little.

I nodded. She sure sounded amazing. I would love to meet her.

"But the most amazing things are always the things that disappear first right?" I gave him a confused look. He stood up.

" Her father was hated by many but he didn't care and added to their hate of him. Then one day when we were in middle school the haters had enough and set their house on fire.She was killed along with her family."

My eyes widened as realization hit me. I looked up at him. I could see him holding his tears back, trying his hardest to not let them fall. I felt so bad for making him recall the past.

I got up. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you think about that"

He ruffled my hair a bit but didn't look at me. He was still trying hard to hold his tears back.

"Everyone who knew her was devastated. It was as the sun was taking away from our worlds. But Kris took it the worst."

I looked at him questioningly. Kris didn't hit me as a type that would be the one to take a death the worst.

"He loved her more than just a friend."

My mouth formed an "O".

"He didn't cry once though. Maybe that's why we think he took it the worst. He separated himself from reality. He had more arguements with his family. He stopped talking. We barely had a conversation for more than 2 minutes. We changed middle schools. It was too hard for us to stay in the same school. Every corner we looked at, we imagined Dawn just popping out of nowhere with her bright smile." His tears won the silent battle and were slowly falling. I took a tissue out of my bag and passed it to him. He took it. I noticed that his hands were shaking a bit.

"But it was all better. At the new school, we met the guys. They knew about what had happened but didn't act like everyone else. They didn't talk to us from pity. They talked to us normally to distract us from the people who were always saying comforting things. You know telling someone that "it's ok." or "I'm so sorry for your loss.", doesn't make them feel better. It just reminds the people what happened. Slowly we became friends. Slowly Kris improved. He became to what he is today. Even though he isn't like how he was before, it's way better than having him shut himself away from the world."

I nodded and gave him a little hug.

"When I saw you that day, I thought you were really Dawn. For a moment, I thought she never died. Maybe she moved away and now she has returned. I couldn't take my eyes off you. Even though there were obvious differences, I just couldn't stop myself from thinking of Dawn when I looked at you. I've missed her so so much."

He cried as I held him in my arms. We stayed like that for awhile.

Suddenly my phone rang. We separated and I went to answer it. It was from Amber.

"Hey where are you? It's already past 2 and you're not back yet."

"Oh just walking around."

"Well we saved you some lunch so come back soon!" She hung up. I looked back at Lay. He was wiping his face before smiling at me.

"I'm hungry! You should be too. Let's get going back now."

He walked ahead of me. I watched as he walked away. How could he become so calm all of sudden?

"YAH HURRY UP!" He shouted and gestured me to hurry up. I nodded and gathered my stuff before running towards him.

Like that, we walked back side by side.

-------------------------------------

hope it was ok!

ignore mistakes please XP

Comment and subscribe please :)