13

When desires comes in between(discontinued)

-Avery POV-

I felt someone shaking me so I slowly opened one eye to see Jiyeon and Amber. Seeing that it was just them, I rolled over to the other side and closed my eyes again.

Just as I was falling back to sleep, I felt a huge weight pounce down on to me.

"YAH! WAKE UP!" Jiyeon screamed as she crushed me. I struggled to get her off me as Amber joined her on top of me.

"YAH YAH OK OK I'M UP I'M UP!" I screamed as they got off me while laughing. I glared at them and threw my pillows at both of them.

"OH NO YOU DIDN'T" Amber said as she threw the pillow back and tackled me. We rolled around the bed as Jiyeon stood laughing at us.

-knock-

We froze and looked at the door. It was Sehun.

"ahem..we are having breakfast now. come down when you guys are umm..done." He said shyly before walking away.

I looked at Amber who looked Jiyeon who looked at me until we all burst out laughing. That was embarassing.

"OK then go wash up. We'll wait for you here." Amber said as she pushed me towards the bathroom. I happily washed up and walked down with them to the living room.

Everyone was already there. Some were watching TV while eating as others were eating as they played with each other.

Jiyeon immediately ran over to Kris, who looked emotionless still. I wondered why but then again why should I care right?

Amber walked beside me as we went to get ourselves some breakfast.

A lady, I'm guessing was a maid, gave us each a plate of breakfast before returning to what she was doing before. We thanked her and took it outside.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXUPQ0yBfzNc78Ctmcxjr

Amber went over to talk to Chanyeol who was bickering with Kyungsoo about something. I was gonna follow her but then saw Suho signalling me to go over to him. I smiled as I walked over to him.

"Good morning" He said as I sat down.

"Good morning" I said happily.

"OHHH YOU TALK!!!" Chen said surprised. I gave me a huh face.

"Dont misunderstand him. It's just we've never heard you utter a word before so we were thinking that you were mute." Baekhyun said explaining Chen's actions.

I nodded as I started eating.

"Why don't you talk in class?" Chen asked. I got my phone and started typing but then Suho answered for me.

"She's not confident in speaking so she prefers just to write it out unless it is simple words."

Chen nodded in understanding.

We continued chatting and eating when suddenly Kai screamed.

"AISH! WHATEVER!" Kai screamed as he threw his phone onto the wall and fall onto the couch.

"Poor phone" I whispered as Suho walked over to him.

"What's wrong Kai?" Suho asked as he dropped down next to him.

"Stupid parents need to plane back no later than late Thursday afternoon. My sisters want to use it."

"That's fine. We can leave Thursday morning then." Suho replied.

"I guess. But then we will back at that hell of a school so soon." Kai complained.

"Well extra sports practice for everyone then." Chanyeol said while getting slapped by Baekhyun.

A harmony of sighs and groans were played as everyone thought about practicing again.

"Was it really necessary to throw your phone? It's probably broken" Amber pointed out.

"Whatever. I can get a new one." Kai said as if a phone was worth nothing.

I looked him at disbelief. He just threw away a phone that thousands of people would have loved to get. It really was two different worlds.

After calming him down, we went back to eating breakfast.

"So what should we do this beautiful Sunday?" Baekhyun asked everyone.

"Let's go to the beach!!" Jiyeon happily suggested.

"The beach is about a 5 minutes walk from here." Kai added. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"OK THEN LET'S GO!!" Chanyeol happily shouted as he ran up to his room. I giggled at his hyperiness before following everyone up the stairs to get ready.

After changing and packing everything, I shyly opened my door. I wasn't comfortable dressing only in swimwear.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMaPAfwMZtKNnYWX5tT17(a/n no hat or sunglasses)

Just as I was coming out, Jiyeon and Amber opened their doors. Jiyeon was wearing the pink bikini as Amber wore something more modest.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJ44AzX8tjxW8BqqdjSDp

"You two need to become more open.' Jiyeon said as she looked us up and down. We rolled out eyes at her as Kris and Lay also stepped out their rooms. Both of them were a white beater and a pair of swim trunks. My eyes widen at how hot they looked. I never noticed how well toned Lay was even though it wasn't the first time seeing him swiwear. Kris likewise had some muscles showing well.

Lay and I made eye contact. Immediately, I looked away to Amber. Jiyeon was smiling and glowing so brightly over Kris. I linked arms with Amber and we walked towards downstairs, having the other three follow behind us.

"Is everyone here?" Kai asked as he watched us come down the stairs. After confirming that everyone was there, we set off to the beach.

-5 minutes later-

My eyes widened at the sight of the breathtaking view of the beach in front of me.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhum0ZwlQP9tYZ88S7gSv (a/n imagine a lot of people)

All the guys ran toward the beach. Amber followed them. Jiyeon and I smiled at each other before linking arms and calmly walking toward the hyper group. The weather was hot but not dying hot. The sand was warm in a way it tickled my feet even more.

By the time we reached the excited group, they were already setting up our spot. Kris, Chanyeol, Tao, and Chen were putting up 6 beige canopy tents together to form a big square. Lay, Luhan, and Suho were laying down the extremely long and wide blanket underneath the tent. Kai, Amber, and Sehun were rolling around the blanket, messing it up to piss off the hardworking trio. Kyungsoo, Xiumin, and Baekhyun were blowing up balls to play with.

After everything was all set, everyone sat down on the blanket. I sat on the far left corner, keeping a slight distance from everyone else. I was already feeling a bit awkward from being there. Of course when a group of good looking guys come, everyone immediately looks over. Even though I knew they weren't looking at me, I still felt a bit awkward. It was even more awkward when I look left and right and see girls checking them out. Of course there were guys who were looking up and down Jiyeon's body.

"LET'S GO TO THE WATER!!!" Chanyeol screamed as he ran toward the water, dragging Sehun with him. Sehun was stumbling a bit from the sudden action but soon regained his balance. As soon as they were almost thigh deep in the water, Sehun started intensively splashing Chanyeol as revenge.

I laughed at little at their little fight. One by one, the others got up join them. Noticing that I wasn't moving, Amber walked over to me.

"Aren't you going to come?" She asked.

"Later. Go on ahead. Don't worry about me!" I said as I pushed her away towards the water. She looked at me one last time to make sure I was ok. I gestured her to hurry off and she finally did. I watched as she ran into the water. I watched as her smile turned even wider as she joined the others in their fun. I smiled at that. I didn't need to be right next to her to feel her happiness. Just watching from afar is enough to make me happy.

I scanned for Jiyeon. I found her of course near Kris. She was splashing water at him with Xiumin. He was finally taking off his emotionless face and was smiling. I don't know why I felt relief when I saw him finally smile. I also don't know know why I felt disappointed that it wasn't me who helped make him smile.

A little bit bored, I laid down on the blanket fully and closed my eyes. Not too long later, I felt some water drops on my face. Slowly I opened my eyes to see a very wet Suho. I couldn't see one dry spot on him. His hair was producing water droplets more and more. I sat up and looked at him, questioningly.

"Why aren't you playing with us?"

I just stared at him. He let out a sigh before taking hold of my hand and pulling me up.

"Come on. It will be fun!"

He started pulling me. I pulled back. He looked back confused. I just shook my head at him. He kept pulling as I kept pulling back until finally I gave up and walked with him.

We were walking calmly until three girls came up to us.

"Hey why don't you come join  and come over to our house party? You can invite your friends too. I'm sure it would be more fun than being around someone" One of the girls said as she looked me up and down with disgust. She stood way too close for strangers. I looked down and started walking away, trying to get away from them. Of course, Suho saw that and immediately grabbed me, stopping me in my tracks.

"Sorry but I am not interested." He calmly said as he smiled and pulled me to walk away. I looked back to see the girls in disbelief and glaring at me. It may sound evil but I felt special.

"FINALLY! I was wondering when you were coming." Chen said as he ran to us. I shyly smiled back. Amber ran over as she spotted me too.

She jumped on me with so much force that we ended falling.

"YAH THAT WAS DANGEROUS!" I screamed at us as she rubbed my aching bum. She stuck her tongue out at me as she got off me slightly. We looked at each other and started laughing. Suho and Chen followed along and laughed at us.

"Yah. Who are you two laughing at huh?" Amber said as she tried to glare at them but failing terribly. They made innocent faces as they looked at themselves before looking at us. Amber looked at me and I nodded. Our secret connection.

We immediately started splashing water at them, taking them by surprise.

"YAH!!!!" Chen yelled as he tried to glare at us but kept getting hit by more water. Finally he got tired of our attacks and started attacking us. Suho joined him as well.

"I WANNA BE PART OF THE FUN!" Chanyeol yelled and joined us. Soon everyone came and joined us, turning it into a massive splashing war. The entire time I was smiling. It was fun to play with others other than just Amber and Jiyeon.

We all grew tired and stopped. Kai, Sehun, Tao, and Chanyeol were fighting about who won. I honestly thought no one won but they seem to be having fun fighiting over such pointless topic. I sat down and let the wave come at me, hitting me before turning back. Suho sat next to me as the others branched off.

"I told you you would have fun." He said teasingly. I looked at him and stuck my tongue out. He smirked at me before looking out towards the others. I kept looking at him.

He was certainly very handome. he was smart. He was rich. He was as close to perfect as it gets but then basically all these guys are. I was really happy that I came to this school. I met more people. I befriended Suho. I was really thankful to have met him. I can also tell that I'm going to be making more friends.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Suho said as he turned toward me and teasingly smiled. Before I could answer him, screams interrupted me. I immediately knew who the screams were coming from. Jiyeon! I jumped up on to my feet and looked for her. I spotted her, drowning. One moment she's there and next she's being eaten by the water. Without thinking, I started running towards her. I could hear Suho calling after me but I kept going.

I needed to save Jiyeon.

I started swimming towards her. I could tell she was getting tired and letting the water have its ways. Please no Jiyeon. Wait for me.

I was far ahead of everyone when suddenly I saw a figure swim past me. I don't know why I stopped but I did.

I watched as the figure swam closer and closer to Jiyeon. He turned her onto her back and supported her from the back with his left arm as he used his other to help him swim back. I finally saw who it was.

Kris.

I watched as he swam past me with her. He didn't look at me once and kept swimming towards land. I still stayed where I was, watching them swim away. For some reason, my mind wasn't on Jiyeon. It was on Kris.

I started slowly swimming back. I swam and watched as the guys and Amber crowded around her. I watched as they worriedly crowded around her. I stood at the spot where the wave reaches the sand the farthest as I watched as Kris perform CPR to Jiyeon at the tent. I was tense with worry but I couldn't bring myself to walk over to them.

I saw Jiyeon cough out water. Amber helped her sit up as she hugged her tight. I knew I should have been there by her side but I still couldn't move. I let out a sigh of relief. She was fine.

I watched as the guys talked amongst themselves and then Kris nodded. Swiftly, he carried Jiyeon in his arms and started walking towards the house. Amber grabbed her stuff and Jiyeon's before running to them. I still stood there like a fool.

The remaining guys started packing up. That's when Suho finally noticed that I wasn't with them and looked for me. He spotted me and grabbed my stuff and his before running towards me.

"Avery are y-"

I hugged him tightly and cried into his wet chest. He wrapped his arms around and let me cry.

I felt disgusting. I was disappointed in myself. I failed as a friend to Jiyeon.

-5 hours later-

I laid on my bed. I've been like this ever since I got back.

-knock-

The door opened. I leaned up a little to see Jiyeon. Immediately I got up.

"What are you doing? You need to rest. Are you feeling unwell?" I questioned her worriedly. I put my hand on her forehead to check if she still had a fever once she sat down on my bed.

She giggled at my intense worry and pushed my hand away.

"I'm fine. Stop worrying!"

I looked down at my hands and fiddled with my fingers. I couldn't bring myself to look at her any longer. I was disgusted with myself.

"Hey stop looking down. Look at me!" She lifted my chin up and made me look at her. She smiled at me geniunely.

"Thank you." I looked at her confused. "Thank you for coming to help. Even if you didn't get me first, I'm still thankful that you ran to help me. I'm so happy to have a friend like you Avery."

She leaned towards me and hugged me tightly. I couldn't hug her back and started crying. She was confused and pulled away to wipe my tears away.

"Come on. I'm fine now. so stop crying" She said as she continued to wipe my falling tears.

"I-I'm sorry." I softly whispered through my tears. She was taken aback.

"What for?"

I shook my head before stopping her hand from wiping any more of my dirty tears.

"Aver-"

"Can you leave me alone please?" I said as I looked out through the windows, watching the waves sway with their own rhythm.

"Is som-"

"I'm fine Jiyeon. I'm just want to be alone." I said still not looking away from the windows.

She let out a soft sigh before hugging me one last time and leaving. I laid back on my bed as the door closed.

I continued crying.

I wasn't crying because I wasn't the one who saved her.

I wasn't crying because I wasn't fast enough.

I was crying because of what I thought when I watched Kris save her. From those moments, I would have rather Jiyeon drown than have her being saved by Kris..

I'm disgusting.

--------------------------------

teachers don't give you breaks enough though it's vacation time. Sowwie for such a late update! Hope you liked it!

ignore mistakes please.

Comment and subscribe please :)