1

When desires comes in between(discontinued)

-Avery POV-

I was sitting at my desk with my friends Jiyeon and Amber. We have been friends for 11 years now so you can say that we are inseparable. I was just looking out the window, watching as friends reunited and more students came inside. The new school has started. I was no longer a sophmore. Now I am a junior.

I feel so old saying that. Amber and Jiyeon were talking about Kara and how much they loved them. I'm not much of a Kara fan so I didn't contribute any thoughts.

Amber is the type of girl that could befriend just about anyone. She made everyone feel special and loved. She's extremely active in sports. She's on the girl's basketball and track team. She also has an extremely good singing voice too. She's learning how to rap better too. I'm so envious of her. She's pretty,popular,smart, and talented.

Jiyeon was bullied before we met her. She was always made fun of by others. They kept calling her ugly and kept playing tricks on her. When we transferred to her class, we immediately befriended her and protected her from all the meanies. She is still insecure about her looks but we always tell her that looks are not everything. She's a cutie too who's really caring of others. Nowadays she has become more popular with the boys.

Me? I have nothing special. Out of the three of us, I'm the second smartest but I'm the one who tries the hardest. Amber is naturally smart. Out of the three of us, I'm the least popular. No one really notices me especially when I'm with them. All people usually see when we are together is Jiyeon and Amber. Then again I don't interact with others much, I'm usually in the library. I enjoy dancing though but I'm nothing compared to Amber and Jiyeon...I'm a sad person aren't I?

-Ring Ring- The bell went off and everyone settled into their seats. Jiyeon sat next to me but Amber was pulled away to sit with some guys.

The teacher came in and started taking attendance. Suddenly,a student came in, interrupting us. He went to the teacher and passed her a note. She read it and nodded. The student left. She continued taking attendance. Finally when she finished, she called Jiyeon, Amber, and I to the front. We got up uneasily. Did we already do something wrong on the first day of school? School only started about 30 minutes ago and we already got in trouble.

We stood in front of her. Amber was calm. Jiyeon was trying to keep a straight face. I was mentally freaking out.

"You three have been called to the Principal's office. Take your stuff and go." She said, looking a bit annoyed. She didn't like being interrupted. We nodded and quickly nodded and walked out of the room.

I walked in between them as we went to the Principal's office.

"What do you think we did?" Jiyeon asked, as we linked arms. Amber shrugged.

"I don't recall doing anything. You?" She nudged me. I shook my head. hmm what could it be?

We reached the office and was greeted by Mrs.Yan the secretary. "Are you Avery Ly, Amber Liu, and Jiyeon Park?" We nodded. "Wait a moment. I'll see if Mr.Malt is ready for you three." We nodded again. We waited about 5 minutes before she came back and told us that we could go in.

Amber walked in first. Then I and Jiyeon followed her. Mr.Malt gestured us to take a seat in front of him. We sat down. It was my first time ever going into the principal's office. It wasn't a lot more simipler than I imagined.

"Hello. Well welcome. Did you three have a nice summer?" He asked and gave us a warm smile.

We nodded.

"I'm guessing you guys are wondering why you guys were called here right?"

We nodded.

"Well you guys have been selected to go attend Gong Dong High School. It is a prestigious high school in South Korea."

"Wait so they want us to go there?" Amber asked

"yes. You three will attend and graduate there."

"but what about things like housing and expenses?" Jiyeon asked.

"It will be all paid for by the school. Plus you three will be living in dorms."

"together?" I asked, finally able to speak.

"I'm not sure about that."

"There must be some little details we have to follow right?" Amber asked, always keen on these things.

"You are very smart. Yes. They would like Amber to join their basketball team. They want Jiyeon to join their swimming team. For you Avery, they just want you to continue working hard." I was a bit sad. Amber and Jiyeon were chosen for specific reasons and I was just there to be a student. Don't I feel special?

"We need to ask our parents first.." I said and Amber and Jiyeon agreed.

"They have already been informed and approved of you three going. So I'm guessing you three agree to go?"

Amber and Jiyeon nodded cheerfully. I hestitated a bit before nodding. I wasn't exactly sure if I wanted to go but I didn't want to be separated from them so I agreed.

"Ok then. I'll go inform them of your approval. You guys should go home and pack. Your flight leaves at 3pm and it's 8 so you three should hurry home now."

We nodded and thanked him before leaving. We called our parents to come pick us up. We stood at the front, waiting for our parents.

"OMG! ISN'T THIS EXCITING??" Jiyeon said as she was jumping up and down in joy. Of course she was, she always dreamed of going to S.Korea. She was born there but moved to US when she was 2.

"I'm worried about the language barrier. I mean like you already speak it pretty well. Amber picks up things quickly. I'm afraid I won't be able to communicate."

Amber put an arm around me. "Silly we'll help you so don't worry. Plus you're smart enough to pick up quickly too." We heard a honk and saw Jiyeon's dad. We said goodbye. It was just Amber and me now.

We waited and waited.

"Amber...we'll still be friends right?"

"Why are asking such a stupid question?" she laughed. "We have been friends for this long. Do you think this one change will throw that all away?" I nodded.

Then Amber left, leaving just me. I watched as the car drove away.

Will we really still be friends?

I don't want to lose them. I'm sure that if I don't go with them, well lose contact so I'm going but I still feel uneasy about this. I have a bad feeling. Like something bad will happen...

A honk sounded and I saw my mom. I ran over and jumped into the car.

-15 minutes later-

"Honey hurry and pack everything." My mom said as I closed the door. She had already put the luggages in my room so I just had to put things in them. I started packing.

This is a new stage in life...hopefully I'll be able to go through it without any problems.

-------------------------------

couldn't wait...more like I was afraid that the idea was going to be forgotten once I started learning more stupid things at school. :)  hope it's ok...

ignore mistakes please.

Comment and subscribe please. :)