Chapter 8

Stuck In The Middle

 

Yoobin

Yoobin was surprised when she saw her boyfriend standing outside her apartment door with a huge bouquet of rose and apologized. She didn’t even know why he was apologizing to her. She threw her arms around his neck and hugged him. “I miss you.” He whispered and wrapped his arms around her waist. “I miss you, too.” She whispered and he hugged her tighter.

 

The entire day was spent with smiles and laughter. Myungsoo cooked for Yoobin and they did nothing but watch TV and cuddle. As they were watching TV, Yoobin remembered when her and SungJong watched her favorite drama. She asked her boyfriend if they could watch it but he made a face and stuck his tongue out. “I don’t like it. It’s too…corny.” He said and she pouted. “But I like corny stuff.” She mumbled but he didn’t hear it. She rested her head on his shoulder and stared at his face.

 

Myungsoo and SungJong’s jaw lines were different. So are their noses, eyes and lips. Yoobin blinked a few times and stared at the carpeted floor. Why was she thinking of their lips? Better yet, why was she thinking of his lips? She shouldn’t think of his lips, she shouldn’t think of him at all. She’s with her boyfriend and she should focus on him, only him. She looked back at Myungsoo’s face but instead of her boyfriend’s face, Yoobin saw her dongsaeng’s face.

 

She hit her face with her palm and her boyfriend noticed it. He held her hand and stared at her with worried eyes. “Why did you just hit yourself?” He asked and she stared at him. All she could see was him and she hated it. No, the word hate is too strong for Yoobin to use it. Yoobin loves her dongsaeng but whenever she stared at her boyfriend, she could only see him and her stomach would twist and her heart would beat faster than usual. “Oh. Uhm, I don’t know?” She answered, causing her boyfriend to laugh a bit.

 

“You’re adorable.” He said and rested his head on top of hers. Instead of paying attention to the movie, Yoobin found herself thinking about her dongsaeng. She constantly argued with herself; her mind was telling her to concentrate and focus on her boyfriend while her heart was screaming his name. She pulled her knees closer to her chest and hugged them. Her heart continued to beat faster; his smile, his cute nose, his eye smiles, the way he tries to act manly and his lips. Yoobin couldn’t handle it anymore; she stood up and her boyfriend looked up.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked and she shook her head. “I have to go to the bathroom.” She mumbled and he nodded. She left him in the living room and ran to her bathroom. She shut the door and made sure that it was locked before sitting in the bathtub.  She pulled knees up and hugged them. Yoobin didn’t understand why her heart was beating fast. He’s her dongsaeng, she shouldn’t think of him that way. “What’s wrong with me…” She whispered to herself and her phone vibrated. She took her phone out of her pocket and checked the text message.

 

Noona~ tutor me tomorrow, please? ^^ – SungJong. She read the text message over and over again and her heart felt like it was going to explode. Should she text him back? And if she does, what should she say? Suddenly, Yoobin cared about what she would tell her dongsaeng. She felt awkward even though it was just a text message. As she took a deep breath, Yoobin pressed reply and sent him a quick reply. Okay! ^^ See you tomorrow! – Yoobin. She pressed send and she started to panic; how is she going to act around her dongsaeng tomorrow?