Chapter 4

Stuck In The Middle

 

SungJong

SungJong and his noona reached her apartment and he frowned at the thought of his noona just living alone. “Noona, why don’t you just live with me and my parents? Or I can live with you.” He said as he took off his shoes. His noona laugh and shook her head. “I’m fine. I can take care of myself.” She said and grabbed some food from the fridge. “SungJong-ah, what do you want to eat?” Yoobin asked her dongsaeng. SungJong walked up to his noona and stood behind her. “Anything is fine.” He said and his noona jumped. “SungJong-ah, don’t scare noona like that!” Yoobin said as she placed a hand on her chest. The young boy just smiled at his noona. “But I didn’t scare you.” “Yes you did.” His noona said and SungJong didn’t bother to argue.

 

He watched his noona cook some ramen and fry some meat while he set up the table. This was their routine every time SungJong was at his noona’s apartment; he would set up the table while his noona cooked then they would wash the dishes together and watch TV or play the Wii. As soon as he was done, he walked back to his noona and watched her cook. “Noona, I can cook it if you want.” He offered and his noona gave him the soup ladle. His noona watched him cook the ramen and fry the meat at the same time. “Wah~ SungJong-ah! Since when can you cook, huh? You keep surprising noona every time!” She complimented him and he could feel his face heating up.

 

The ramen was done and he watched his noona try and reach the bowl but she pouted and looked at him. She pointed at the bowl and he knew exactly what she wanted. He turned off the stove and grabbed two bowls then handed them to her. “Thank you!” She beamed and waited for him to put some soup on the bowl. He liked doing the work for her; it made him feel manly and needed. After he poured some soup on their bowls, they ate in silence. “SungJong-ah.” He heard his noona say and he looked at her. In front of him was a piece of meat and he looked at her. “Say ahh~” She said and he followed her. She placed the meat inside his mouth and he chewed it. “Wah~! Noona, it tastes good!” He said and she smiled. “Ah really?? You cooked it, so of course it tastes good!” She said and he blushed. They continued to eat and it was time to do the dishes.

 

Grabbing two pairs of gloves from the drawers, SungJong snapped one of the gloves and looked at the plates on the sink. “You ready, dongsaeng?” Yoobin asked, her hands on her hips and SungJong nodded, who also had the same posture as his noona. Yoobin grabbed the sponge and put some dishwashing soap on it. She scrubbed the plates and gave them to SungJong then he washed the plates and dries them using a cloth. Every now and then, SungJong would splash some water on his noona or Yoobin would blow some bubbles towards SungJong. He likes this relationship with his noona but as he stared at her, he thought of the things that his Yoobin noona and his Myungsoo hyung would do that he and his noona couldn’t.

 

There were tons of things in that list; occasional back hugs, piggyback rides, cuddling, holding hands and even one thing that he always wanted to do, kissing. SungJong never had his first kiss and wanted his first to be with his noona. The location or time didn’t matter; all that mattered was that he wanted his first kiss to be with his Yoobin noona. His hyungs always ask why he never had his first kiss yet and he would always tell them that he’s waiting for the right person to come. Little do they know that the right person had come but their relationship made it harder for him to confess his feelings.

 

“There! All the plates are clean! Just Dance?” His noona asked and he nodded. His Yoobin noona loves playing Just Dance and he loves it too; mainly because he gets to show off his dance moves and impress her. Yoobin played Mirotic by DBSK, one of SungJong’s favorite songs and started dancing. His noona wasn’t that bad of a dancer; she’s actually pretty good but didn’t have the confidence to pursue dancing. They were dancing in-sync but SungJong was a better dancer. His score is higher than his noona’s and he felt bad but his Yoobin noona told him never to let her win on purpose. Although, she told him not to let her win, SungJong is a stubborn kid and purposely made a mistake.

 

“Yah, SungJong-ah! You never make mistakes!” He heard his noona say and laughed. “I’m having an off-day, noona.” He tried to make an excuse but his noona scoffed. “You? Off-day? When it comes to dancing, the amazing Lee SungJong does not have any off-days! You’re letting me win on purpose, huh??” His noona asked as she tried to hit ever dance move. The young boy just laughed and shook his head. “Nuh uh, I would never do that! Noona told me never to let her win so.” He said and she laughed. He knew how to make her laugh and that’s the way he liked it. After dancing to almost every song in the game, they decided to watch a drama.

 

“Noona, what do you want to watch?” SungJong asked as he sat on the floor next to his noona. “Hmm? My favorite!” She beamed and he grinned. “Noona, you have a lot of favorites.” He stated and she glared at him. Before Yoobin could hit her dongsaeng with a pillow, SungJong ran to the DVD rack and grabbed theBoys Over Flowers DVD Set then grinned. “I know your favorite, noona. No need to hit me with the pillow.” He said and his noona smiled. SungJong placed the DVD in the DVD player and ran back to his noona. He pressed play and they watched the series.

 

In some ways, the young boy could relate to the other character; Yoon Ji Hoo. Although they were different; the lead girl fell for Ji Hoo while in the young boy’s life, his noona only sees him as her dongsaeng. They continued to watch and SungJong was starting to feel sad. Ji Hoo was always there for Jan Di, just like how he was always there for his noona. In Yoobin’s life, SungJong will always be Ji Hoo and Myungsoo will always be Jun Pyo.

 

“Noona…” The young boy said. He wanted to tell his noona what he felt and this was the perfect time. “Noona?” He said again but the older girl didn’t say anything. SungJong took a deep breath and exhaled. “Noona, I like you. No, I love you; but it doesn’t matter cause you have someone else.” He said and waited for her to say something. He continued to wait and sighed. “Noona.” He said and looked down at his Yoobin noona. He saw her sleeping figure next to him and smiled. The young boy scooted closer to his noona and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. The older girl’s head rested on the young boy’s shoulder and he smiled. “Of course you would fall asleep when I confess.” He mumbled and sighed.


 

No one likes this story, huh? Hehe is it because SungJong is not the typical, hyper kid??