Chapter 13

Stuck In The Middle

 

Yoobin

They were going back to the city tomorrow morning but that didn’t make Yoobin nervous. What made her nervous was that she was going to have to share a room; no, a bed with her dongsaeng. It didn’t bother her before but now, she felt uneasy and nervous. Yoobin grabbed a baggy shirt and tried to find some pajamas. “No…did I not bring any pajamas??” Truth is, Yoobin only wears a baggy shirt when she goes to bed but she was hoping that she at least packed one pair of pajama bottoms. She sighed to herself and fell on the floor. “I didn’t bring any pajama bottoms…crap.” She mumbled to herself and immediately turned around when she heard some movement from behind her. Yoobin saw her dongsaeng wearing a wife beater and sweatpants. They stared at each other for what seems to be forever to Yoobin until she looked away.

 

“Uhm…you didn’t have to come find me, you know.” Yoobin said as she grabbed a pillow and a blanket. “I was worried about noona so.” SungJong said as he watched his noona place the pillow and the blanket on the floor. “Oh. You can take the bed. We’re leaving early tomorrow so.” She said and was about to lie on the floor when the younger boy grabbed his noona’s arm. Yoobin flinched a bit and her heart started racing. No, this can’t happen again; not again. The older girl tried to calm herself and she looked up at her dongsaeng. “Hm?” She said as she slightly tilted her head to the side. “Uh…I…uh…w-we c-can s-sleep o-on t-the s-s-same b-b-bed…” Her dongsaeng stuttered and Yoobin bit her lower lip. She was hoping that her dongsaeng wouldn’t ask her to sleep on the same bed.

 

“Uhm…the bed is small so.” Yoobin said as she thought of another excuse. Knowing her dongsaeng, he would try until his noona would give up. “It’s not that small.” SungJong said and Yoobin looked at the bed. “I’m a messy sleeper. I might kick you.” Another lame excuse and SungJong laughed. “Then I’ll hug you.” He said and her heart wanted to explode. Before Yoobin could even think of another excuse, her dongsaeng pulled her off the ground and she got on the bed. He lay next to her and hugged her waist. Yoobin didn’t know if she was the shaking or was her dongsaeng really nervous about their current situation. Yoobin stared at the white wall and tried to fall asleep but she couldn’t; her heart was still racing, there was a knot in her stomach and she tried her best to breathe. She could feel his breath on her nape and she bit her lower lip so hard, she could taste the blood.

 

“Noona…I love you…” That simple phrase made Yoobin more nervous and she turned around so she can face him. Instead of seeing his face, Yoobin saw his chest. She looked up and saw her dongsaeng’s sleeping face then smiled for she wasn’t aware of his sleeping habit. “Noona…don’t go…no…don’t leave…” He mumbled as a tear rolled down his cheek and she frowned. What was he dreaming? Every time she would leave him for his hyung, would he cry? Reaching for his cheek, Yoobin wiped the tear away and the young boy pulled his noona closer to him. It hurt Yoobin to see her dongsaeng in pain, especially when she is the cause of his pain. She stared at his sleeping face and she could feel her face heating up. What is wrong with her? He made her feel nervous but she still love having him around. Every time he’s close, her heart wouldn’t calm down but she felt sad every time he would leave.

 

“Yoobin-ah…I won’t hurt you…” He mumbled and Yoobin froze; this was the first time she ever heard her dongsaeng call her by her first name. Oddly enough, Yoobin silently hoped that he would say her name again but he didn’t. She waited and waited but nothing came out of his lips. A sigh escaped Yoobin’s lips and she slowly pushed herself up but his grip around her waist was strong. She stared at his lips again and felt tempted to kiss him but she shook her head. Why was she thinking of these kind of stuff towards her dongsaeng? She buried her face on his chest and inhaled his scent. She placed her ear on his chest and she could hear his heartbeat. It was steady and it was music to her ears. His slow breathing calmed her heart and she looked at his face again. Swallowing the hard lump that formed on , she slowly pushed herself up and kissed his lips. “I love you, too.”