Chapter 6

Stuck In The Middle

 

Yoobin

For the past few weeks, Yoobin tried to contact both her dongsaeng and her boyfriend but she failed. She didn’t know what she did wrong and she tried to talk but they had no desire to listen. After class, Yoobin ran after Myungsoo and grabbed his arm. “What’s wrong? Why aren’t you talking to me?” The girl asked and her boyfriend just smiled. “We’ll talk later, okay?” He said and left her. Her heart twitched as she watched her boyfriend leave. Was this what her dongsaeng felt? Every time she left her dongsaeng for Myungsoo, did he feel the exact pain she’s feeling right now?

 

As soon as he was gone, Yoobin dragged her backpack and sat on the bench. She didn’t understand why he pushed her away; maybe he was getting sick of her. She took her phone out and stared at SungJong’s number but didn’t know what to do. Should she call him? Maybe he’s getting sick of her too. She kept her cell phone in her pocket and sighed to herself. “Noona…?” She heard a familiar voice. She looked up and saw her dongsaeng looking down at her. He looked worried but the thing that she noticed was his face; he lost weight and there were dark circles under his eyes. His hair grew a little longer and it was now brown.

 

“SungJong-ah…?” Yoobin said and he nodded. “Noona…you don’t look good.” He said and dropped his backpack. He bent down and hugged his noona. Yoobin didn’t understand why but as soon as he held her, she started to cry. She knew that it would break her heart if she lost SungJong but she didn’t know that she would have a breakdown in front of him. Yoobin wrapped her arms around her dongsaeng’s neck and pulled him closer. “Don’t leave noona ever again, okay?” She whispered and hugged him tighter. She was hoping he would say something but his response broke her heart. The young boy pulled away from her embrace and gave her a weak smile. “I’m sorry, noona.” He said and left.

 

Yoobin watched her dongsaeng leave and this time, she cried harder. The two most important people in her life were pushing her away and she had no one else to blame but herself. Was she too selfish to want both of them in her life? She tried to ask herself that question but she couldn’t think of an answer. Sure, she was selfish but how exactly was she selfish? She wanted her boyfriend and her dongsaeng; that’s not selfish at all. Yoobin never had any real girl friends but right now, she wished that she did.


It's short, I know. >.<