Chapter 12

Stuck In The Middle

 

SungJong

Yoobin was surprised to see her dongsaeng and she couldn’t believe that he actually remembered everything that she told him. “Noona…why didn’t you tell me you were leaving…?” The younger boy asked as he wiped the tears off his noona’s cheek. “I just…I wanted to be alone for a while.” She mumbled and looked at her dongsaeng’s eyes. Without thinking, Yoobin placed her hand on his cheek wiped the tear with her thumb. “Don’t cry. I hate it when you cry.” The older girl said and SungJong nodded. “Noona, don’t ever leave without telling me, okay?” The younger boy said and Yoobin stared at him. He was acting like a man right now and his noona didn’t know how to react. SungJong’s heart wouldn’t calm down and he tried his best not to stutter in front of her. Yoobin nodded and SungJong smiled at her.

 

“Oh! I didn’t know your friend is here. I’ll get another cup.” An old lady said as she walked back to the kitchen. Yoobin took SungJong to her grandmother’s house and her grandmother was shocked when she saw her granddaughter with a guy. Yoobin’s grandmother did not expect to see a guy with her only granddaughter. The old lady came back and sat across from Yoobin and SungJong. She slowly placed the cup in front of the younger boy and poured some tea. “You’re SungJong, right?” The old lady said and smiled, causing the younger boy to be surprised and he slowly nodded. “Ah, my granddaughter has told me so many great things about you.” She continued, causing the young boy to blush. Yoobin bit her lower lip and stared at her cup. “Yoobin dear, can you please get some more water from the well?” Yoobin’s grandmother asked and Yoobin nodded. “I’ll be back, okay?” His noona said and the younger boy smiled.

 

As soon as his noona left the house, Yoobin’s grandmother smiled at the younger boy and he felt nervous. “So tell me SungJong, how long have you liked my granddaughter?” The old lady asked and SungJong bit his lower lip. Was it that obvious that he has feelings for his noona? Suddenly, he heard a soft laughter and looked up. “Yoobin has told me so much about you. She even told me about…who is it? Myu…what was his name?” “Myungsoo hyung?” The younger boy said and the old lady’s eyes grew bigger. “Yes! Myungsoo! She told me about him, too! How could I forget him? Oh dear me, I’m getting old. I keep forgetting his name. So is he with you? Is this Myungsoo guy with you?” The old lady asked and SungJong shook his head. “Oh. I was hoping I would meet him, too.” She said and I smiled. “Myungsoo hyung is busy so he can’t be here right now.” The younger boy tried to explain and the old lady smiled. “You know, the boyfriend should be the one that I’m talking to right now, not the friend but I’m glad that I met you. I like you, SungJong. I like you for my granddaughter.” Yoobin’s grandmother said and smiled. SungJong’s heart wouldn’t calm down and he tried his best not to blush.

 

“Grandma, I think I got enough water.” Yoobin said as she walked inside the house while carrying a bucket filled with water. SungJong immediately stood up and grabbed the bucket from his noona. “Noona, I can carry it. Just tell me where I should put it.” He said and she nodded. They went back to the kitchen and there was a huge bucket where Yoobin’s grandmother keeps her supply of water. “Just pour it in there.” Yoobin said and SungJong followed his noona’s order and slowly poured the water in the bigger bucket. “So what did you and my grandmother talk about?” Yoobin asked and SungJong’s face felt warm. “We…uh…uhm.” He stuttered and she smiled. “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” She said and the younger boy nodded.


 

WHOA! 11 subscribers?! I love you all, yo! < 3