Chapter 5

Stuck In The Middle

 

Myungsoo

Kim Myungsoo is the type of guy that every girl would fall for; mysterious, good-looking, and cool but in reality, he’s a hyper kid who has a very dorky side. As he stared at his laptop, Myungsoo couldn’t help but think of his dongsaeng. He had his suspicions and wondered if his dongsaeng had feelings for the young boy’s noona. When his dongsaeng found out about their relationship, Myungsoo noticed that the younger boy was distant and cold. Everyone noticed it too and when confronted, the younger boy would make excuses like he’s stressed or feels sick.

 

Myungsoo’s eyes fell on the picture frame next to his laptop and he smiled. It was a picture of all the guys, plus Yoobin. She was standing in the middle and he was standing on her right while his dongsaeng was standing on her left. Myungsoo’s arm was wrapped around her shoulders while SungJong’s arm was linked with hers. It was visible on the maknae’s face that he had feelings for the girl but Myungsoo pushed that aside. Staring at the picture, he felt bad for taking his noona away from the maknae.

 

Lying on his bed, Myungsoo remembered the day when SungJong yelled at him. His dongsaeng wasn’t the type of kid who would yell at his hyungs but when he saw the tears, he knew exactly what was going on. The young boy was, in fact, in love with his noona. “Hyung! How could you do this to me, huh?? W-why did you ask noona out, huh?? How could you…you could have anyone in the world but…but why her? Why noona?” Myungsoo stared at the maknae and SungJong pushed him. “Why her, huh hyung? Why?” The young boy demanded an answer. Myungsoo just stared at the young boy and SungJong wiped the tears. “I hate you, hyung. You took her away from me.” The maknae whispered and left.

 

The memory slowly faded away and a new one popped in his mind. He suddenly remembered all those times when he would take Yoobin away from SungJong so they could hang out. “Hyung…why are you taking her away again?” The young boy asked. “Because she’s my girlfriend.” His reply made the young boy sad. Myungsoo took his girlfriend’s hand and dragged her away. “I’ll talk to you later, okay dongsaeng?” She would always say the same line and somehow, it would always make the young boy happy. “Okay noona!” He beamed and we left.

 

Was he standing in between them? Was he ruining their relationship? Myungsoo knew that the boy would be jealous but he didn’t expect his dongsaeng to push them away. There were days that he wouldn’t see SungJong and when they would try to call him, he wouldn’t answer his phone. Myungsoo grabbed his cell phone and dialed the young boy’s number. “Hello?” He heard the boy’s voice on the other end. “We need to talk.” Myungsoo said as he got off the bed and grabbed his jacket. “About what?” “I’ll tell you when I get there.” The older boy said and hung up.

 

Waiting outside his girlfriend’s apartment, he saw the young boy walk out and they stood in the middle of the road. “What do you want, hyung?” The boy asked. It’s amazing how much he changed because of one girl. SungJong wasn’t the same little boy that he used to know; SungJong was now tougher and from what the young boy announced, SungJong was also manlier. The older boy laughed at his dongsaeng’s tough attitude and it made SungJong mad. “Why are you laughing, hyung?” “Stop acting like a tough kid.” He said and the young boy frowned.

 

“I know you like her.” He said. He watched the young boy’s eyes get bigger but he remained calm. “So?” “Why didn’t you tell your hyungs that you like her?” The older boy asked. His dongsaeng didn’t say anything and he sighed. “It doesn’t matter if I told the hyungs or not. You would still ask her out.” The young boy mumbled. “I would’ve ignored my feelings for her if you told me.” The older boy said and the young boy looked at his hyung. “Noona likes you, a lot.” “And you like her.” “So?” The young boy snapped. “It doesn’t matter if I like noona. She doesn’t like me that; she’ll never like me like that.” The older boy was surprised at his dongsaeng’s sudden attitude and nodded. “I’m just saying, you could’ve told us.” He said and left his dongsaeng.

 

As soon as Myungsoo reached his house, he went to his room and grabbed the picture frame. “If I never confessed…if I never told you what I felt…would you fall for him?” He asked as he touched the picture. Somehow, the older boy blames himself for his dongsaeng’s depression. “Maybe it’s for the best…” Myungsoo mumbled to himself as he ripped the picture and went to bed.


 

Normally, I write down all my ideas in case I forget but for some reason, I don't even need to write down any ideas for this story. I don't even know why I'm telling you all this. T.T