Chapter 14

Stuck In The Middle

 

Yoobin

“Grandma, are you going to be okay? I can stay here for a while, you know.” Yoobin said as she dragged her luggage outside. “I’ll be fine, dear. Take care of yourself, okay?” Her grandmother said and Yoobin nodded. “I’ll see you in a few months, grandma!” She yelled and waved goodbye. SungJong and his noona left the grandmother’s house and waited for the bus. “SungJong-ah.” The older girl said and SungJong looked down at her. “Thank you. Thank you for looking for me.” She said and he smiled. “Noona, I was really worried so.” He said and held his noona’s hand. Yoobin flinched a bit but relaxed and smiled. At this point, Yoobin can finally admit that she really does have feelings for her dongsaeng.

 

The bus ride to the train station was quiet; her dongsaeng was still tired so he fell asleep on her shoulder. She stared at his sleeping face and bit her lower lip. What was she going to tell Myungsoo? Myungsoo is a nice guy; a very sweet, caring and amazing guy but he’s very different from her dongsaeng. SungJong makes her laugh all the time and they share this bond that is impossible to share with Myungsoo. The train ride was the same; SungJong admitted that he was still sleepy and this made Yoobin laugh.“Arasseo, I’ll wake you up when we’re there, okay?” She said and he nodded. Yoobin’s phone went off and she checked her message.

 

Jagiya…are you mad at me? Text me back please. – Myungsoo.Yoobin stared at the glowing screen in front of her and debated whether she should reply or not. A sigh escaped Yoobin’s thin lips and she pouted. Yoobin is in love with her boyfriend but she can’t help but fall for her dongsaeng. The older girl locked her phone and kept it in her pocket; normally, Yoobin would immediately reply but she didn’t feel like talking to him. Her head rested on top of his and the younger boy slowly opened his eyes. “Noona…?” “Hmm? Oh sorry. I just feel tired.” She mumbled and he nodded. He patted on his shoulder and Yoobin rested her head on his shoulder.

 

Finally, Yoobin and SungJong reached her apartment and they were laughing at the joke that the younger boy had shared. As they reached the building, Yoobin’s smile faded; the younger boy noticed this and glanced at the same direction. Myungsoo was leaning on the wall and his hands were in his back pocket. He looked up and his eyes met hers but all Yoobin could see was sadness. Yoobin looked at SungJong and gave him a weak smile. “I’ll talk to you later, okay?” She said and he nodded. The older girl watched her dongsaeng leave and as soon as he was out of sight, she turned to her boyfriend and tried to smile. “Can we talk?” She asked and he nodded.

 

The couple walked inside the dark apartment and she dropped her luggage on the floor. “You can sit down.” She mumbled but he leaned on her door and watched her grab two glasses and a bottle of iced tea. “Where did you go?” That question made Yoobin nervous and she just shrugged. “I had to think.” “You didn’t answer my calls.” He mumbled and she frowned. “I’m sorry.” “Why were you with SungJong?” Yoobin couldn’t answer his question and Myungsoo sighed. “Yoobin, why were you with SungJong?” This time, Yoobin felt scared; her boyfriend never calls her by her first name, he always called her jagiya. She looked at his eyes and she could see tears forming. “Do you…” He started but chocked as the tears starting falling. Myungsoo looked down and rubbed his eyes. “Do you love him?” Yoobin’s boyfriend asked and she bit her lower lip. Something inside of her was itching to say yes but she didn’t want to hurt his feelings.

 

“Do you?” Yoobin wanted to look at him but she couldn’t; looking in his eyes would kill her because she knew that she was hurting him. “If you love him…” Myungsoo said and Yoobin finally looked at him. This time, Myungsoo looked at her too and she saw sadness. “I’ll let you go.” His words broke her heart and the tears started falling. They were looking at each other and no words were spoken until Yoobin ran to him and hugged him. “Don’t go.” She whispered as she cried on his chest. “I love you. I really love you.” She whispered and pulled him closer to her. Myungsoo wrapped his arms around the crying girl and rested his chin on her head. “I love you, too. I really really love you.” Although Yoobin is falling for her dongsaeng, she can’t deny that she’s still in love with her boyfriend.