Chapter 7

Stuck In The Middle

 

SungJong

SungJong didn’t want to leave his noona but something inside of him was telling him to do so. He looked back and saw his noona crying; at that moment, he wanted to go back and never leave her side but every time he would cling on to his noona, reality would hit him and realize that in the end, he’s just a dongsaeng. The young boy turned around and walked away; it’s best to slowly pull away from his noona.

 

He never visited his noona after that incident; no communication, no calls, no texts, nothing. The young boy would always stare at his cell phone and pick it up but never had the courage to call his beloved noona. His phone vibrated again for the 5th time today and he picked up his phone. SungJong-ah…are you mad at noona? Why are you mad at noona? – Yoobin. SungJong sat on the couch and threw his phone next to him. He made a promise to himself not to talk to his noona; it was part of slowly pulling away from her but it was harder than he though. Of course it would be hard, the young boy was head over heels for his noona.

 

His phone vibrated again and he sighed to himself. He didn’t want to break his noona’s heart but every time he would ignore his text, he knows that he’s slowly breaking it. He read the text message and gulped. We need to talk. Now. – Myungsoo. His hyung wanted to talk again. SungJong threw the phone next to him and sighed; what did his hyung wanted now? The young boy’s eyes started to close when he heard a knock on the door. He opened the door and saw his hyung standing outside.

 

“I’m a little confused.” He said and the young boy stared at his hyung. “W-what?” “You like her and yet, you’re here, alone while she’s at her apartment, crying her eyes out. Why?” “W-what are you ta—“ The young boy said but his hyung continued to talk. “I was expecting you to do something but I guess you’re not going to do anything.” His hyung said and turned around. Before the older boy could leave, SungJong grabbed his hyung’s arm and the boy stopped.

 

“You’re hurting noona. Why? Why are you hurting her?” The young boy whispered and his hyung just stared at him. “I’m trying to make her happy.” “By hurting her?” SungJong asked as his grip around his hyung’s arm tighten. “I’m not hurting her.” “Yes, you are. You’re hurting her, hyung. Don’t hurt noona, please.” The young boy said and let go of his hyung. “Please hyung…don’t hurt noona.” He mumbled and his hyung nodded. “Fine. I gave you the chance.” The older boy said and the young boy shrugged. SungJong’s hyung left without saying goodbye and the young boy closed the door.

 

What’s wrong with his hyung? Why would he hurt SungJong’s beloved noona? Myungsoo knew what SungJong felt about his noona but the young boy didn’t need his hyung’s help with anything. The young boy sat on the couch and threw one of the pillows on the wall. “How dare he hurt noona…” He mumbled and bit his lower lip. Sure, he wants to be more than just a dongsaeng but if his noona will be sad because her boyfriend is pushing her away so the young boy could step in then forget it. SungJong stood up and his hands curled into a fist. “I’ll try my best to forget my feelings for noona…she doesn’t deserve to get hurt. Just for noona, I’ll try to move on…so she’ll be happy.”