Childhood Memories

Promises Can't Always Be Kept

Once you got to Sungjong's room, you sat on his bed, with some help of course. You asked your friends and Infinite if you could be alone with him. They agreed and all left the room. They all left the hospital and went out for a walk and dinner. You touched around and you felt nothing but coldness. Your hand was on his cheek and tears began brewing in your eyes. You didn't want to blink cause then more useless tears would fall from your face. You also feared that with every blink you took, the darker the world got.

You started mumbling things to Sungjong, though you were pretty sure he wouldn't hear or reply. "Sungjong-ah, you probably don't know this, but everything is falling apart. Umma and appa are in a better place, but I can't help but wish they were here with us. They won't let me see our Juhee, they won't tell me anything about her. They think that I'll go crazy. Stupid, huh? I feel so lonely. You have to wake up soon, for me. Please?" *This is uselss* you thought to yourself. You wiped away tears from the corner of your eyes. "Do you remember when we were little? When we were inseperable? When everyone would enjoy being around us? I don't think they enjoy it anymore.. sitting in a hospital room isn't all that fun, you know." you started mumbling again. Then a slight smile started to appear on your face, "Byunghun oppa would come over pretty much every other day. He said he was going to comeback for us, remember? You have to get better, so he can keep his promise." you rambled on more about childhood memories, "We have to go back to school, so do our friends, I hate holding them back. The ahjumma is the candy shop will probably worry too. She might not be able to sell much candy, considering that we bought pretty much everything.." you went on and on. Soon enough, the doctor came in.

"Is Lee __________ here?" he poked his head in the door.

"Oh, sorry, I'll be back in my room. Just give me another minute." you replied to him.

"I'll be in your room." the doctor turned to leave.

"Okay.." you turned to Sungjong and you felt around for his hand. Eventually you found his hand and you held onto it, "Please wake up.. I can't imagine you anymore. I can't get this image of you out of my head, I hate that the last time I saw you was in this condition." You turned to leave, until you felt a light twitch in the hand that you were holding. You turned your head around in a rapid motion, but nothing you heard or felt showed any sign that Sungjong was actually twitching. *Aish, maybe the doctors are right. Maybe I am going crazy.* You kissed his cold hand before leaving.

You stood up from the bed and immediately started feeling dizzy. You put your hand on your forehead and started feeling around with your other hand to find your way back to your room. *How am I going to make it back in my room like this? I'll be lucky if I even get out of this room.* You felt around some more, but the more you did, the more you were getting dizzy.

Luckily, you made it out of the room and into the hallway. *The doctor won't be pleased, this is going to take WAY more than a minute.* You felt around but kept running to people, "Mian, mian." you bowed several times, sometimes you bowed in the opposite direction of the person. The people would just look at you with pity and walk away, no one even bothered to help. *I really am on my own, aren't I?* you sighed and continued to feel around. You bumped into yet another person, you didn't look up, ashamed that you troubled people. However, you did get a 'glimpse' of him. you saw a blur of blonde. *What a strange hair color.* "Mian," you bowed without looking up.

"It's alright." the boy replied, "Do you need help?"

*Aw, heck. He probably doesn't know who I am, I need to get back anyways.* you thought. Without looking up, "Umm, I'm sorry, but I need to get to Room 247." With the boy's help, you made it to your room.  "We're here," he gestured towards your room.

"Thank you, and sorry again." you quickly went into your room.

"Hmph, I didn't even get to see her face." L.Joe pouted and walked away. He made it to Room 263 and walked in, "Hey, CAP."

"Yo," CAP looked up at L.Joe, "WOAH, you got here earlier than you said you would."

"Hyung~!" the three maknaes chorused.

"Yeah, well, I was lucky enough to catch an earlier flight." L.Joe said to CAP and then looked at the maknae, "We'll you guys haven't changed."

"YAH! What's that supposed to mean!" Ricky cried out.

"Where's Chunji?" L.Joe looked around then his eyes stopped on the sofa bed.

"Sofa bed." Changjo said plainly.

L.Joe looked at Changjo and sarcastically said, "Gee, I would've never guessed."

"Well you asked," Changjo said, still uninterested in the conversation since L.Joe dissed the maknaes.

"Yah, don't go all smarty pants on me. I'm your hyung!" L.Joe glared at Changjo.

"You said you went to America to STUDY, but what did you really do? You don't seem much smarter." Changjo retorted.

L.Joe went silent then looked at Chunji. He approached the sofa and jumped on it, "CHUNJI~." (do you guys call it a sofa or a couch? I call them both, so I don't know what to call it.. I might as well start calling the-piece-of-cushioned-furniture-that-you-sit-on. XD)

"Don't wake up Chunji umma!" Niel was about to go after L.Joe.

"Umma?" L.Joe looked at Niel strangely.

----------

L.Joe is back! :D If I feel like it, I'll post another chapter tonight. Thanks for reading up until this point. :D <3