Endurance

Forbidden Fruit [Semi Hiatus :( ]

I got to my locker and punched in my combination before opening the door. Exchanging my books and notebooks for the ones I would need for my first classes I began to fall into my own peaceful world of thoughts. "Jiyong!!" Well we can't always be in peace.

I turned around and looked at my best friend who came running up to me and tackled me into a hug. "Good morning to you too Seungri." I barely made out through his suffocating greeting. I could here a couple of guys in the hallway snicker at us.

"Oh my gosh the play was amazing!" He began ranting on and off about every exact detail as if I had asked. I didn't mind though. I liked having him rant to me. It made me smile whenever I saw Seungri happy, it was if his first love hadn't broken his heart all. "Chya! Yes, this weekend was fun." Seungri finished off resting his hands on the back of his head as we continued walked into homeroom. "So how was your weekend?"

"Bo?" I asked finally becoming fully attentive. "Ah, um.." I hadn't even decided if I wanted to tell Seungri about my weekend with Seunghyun or not. "It was good." I stated blandly trying to change topics.

"Haha what'd you do? Finish watching the Taiwan version of Hana Kimi? Or did you rewatch the Dark Knight Rises again?" Seungri knew me to well. Although I had done those things on Friday, I had hung out and had fun as well. I decided I should just tell him. "Uh, I went out."

"Bo?!" Seungri dragged attention to him from the rest of the class. I became instantly nervous now. "With who?!" Seungri asked me with a huge smile on his face. I scratched my cheek and looked on the ground. I could always lie now, he wouldn't know. But I decided against that.

"Just a new friend, don't think to much of it."

"Who!? Tell me! Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me!" Seungri pleaded as he bounced impatiently.

"Um, Choi Seunghyun." I mumbled so it would be only audible for us too.

"Buwah!!!" Seungri shouted. "Jjinja!" I shushed him down so no one else would keep their attention on us any longer.

Finally when the students were in their own worlds Seungri turned to me and continued. "The track star who winked at you on Friday?" He whispered still smiling. I nodded my head. Seungri began giggling and then whipped an invisible tear away. "Kwon Jiyong-sshi has friends."

I squinted my eyes at him before turning in my chair to face the teacher who had walked in to take attendance.

~*~

Why did gym time exist? Why couldn't they just let those who enjoyed this torture and those of us who practically perished by it just take art or music? I wouldn't mind taking another math class in replace of gym. Heck I'd take on AP History is that would keep me out of doing this boot camp training.

Today they were making us run the mile in the beginning of class like they normally would and then we were finally going to pick our sport we'd want. I braced myself as one of the coaches blew the whistle signaling us to start running. The could air entered my mouth and stung my lungs. I could already feel them giving out as I began running out of breath. I closed my eyes in agony.

"I didn't know you had this class." I glanced over and saw Seunghyun jogging right next to me as he struggled to keep up with my slow pace.

"Dae." I barely mustered out.

"Are you okay?" He asked in a concern tone. I shook my head no. My legs began grew sore and wanted to fall from beneath me. So far I had completed one lap of the four I needed to do.

"Hmm. It's cause you're not breathing right as you run. Open your mouth-" I mumbled a no and shook my head with fright. I had already tried to do that during the beginning and that was the reason I had ruined my lungs so early on.

"Haha no trust me. Open your mouth but breathe through your nose and out your mouth." He began to instruct. "You're not breathing right the way your doing it now." He pointed out. I looked at him still nervous. I didn't want to experience that cold air again. "Trust me." He said once more.

I closed my eyes and finally did as he instructed. New air filled my lungs and I was able to breathe perfectly. I looked up at him amazed. "See what'd I tell you?" I smiled and then continued the breathing patterned. I hadn't mastered it fully to the point where I could talk as well like him while running yet. "Now just stay close and follow my lead." He stated and quickened his pace up by a little bit. I followed along not losing a step.

I finally finished the mile with Seunghyun. Our time was recorded as 10.27 I felt a bit guilty for dragging him behind. "So, do you have any plans for the weekend?" I heard him ask. I finished wiping my face with a towel and looked up at him.

"No actually, I guess just watch To The Beautiful You and study."

I heard him laugh. "You watch dramas?"

Crap! I had forgotten we weren't truly that close yet. I was so used to being open about everything with Seungri and him being the only one I talk to during school that I hadn't even noticed I wasn't with him. I bit down on my lip. If he did know I was gay before he was sure to know now. I wasn't sure yet if I wanted him to know though. What if he would find it weird that I was? Shouldn't I let us build a friendship first then tell him?

"I think that's cute."

"Bo!?" He ruffled my hair and smiled at me.

"Well since you have nothing better to do how about you come over to my house, the track team wants to celebrate our win over SM high."

"Win? But that meets this Friday?"

"Yea, we already know we're gonna win." He said in a cocky tone and gave me a smirk. 

~*~

"So how was your day Jiyong-sshi?" Seungri asked over the phone after giving me a full blown summary of his day. It was almost like tradition that we called and talked to eachother every night before bed on days we had schedule A. Days we had schedule A we only saw eachother for homeroom. Days we had schedule B we had three classes and lunch as well as homeroom together.

"Oh it was good." I said as I made another knot into the bracelet I was working on. It had neon pink, black, and yellow strips going across and in black I was stitching slowly Choi Seunghyun. I had made Seungri a friendship bracelet with his name every year since we'd become friends. Finally I had another friend whom I could hopefully begin the tradition with.

"Only good? Ah I thought you would have had some better things to tell me." Seungri whined. I laughed and looked at my work so far satisfied.

I thought back and gasped. "Oh! Seungri-sshi, do you want to go to a party with me this Saturday?"

"Party??"

A/N This is my second time uploading this! ;O like wae?! for some reason it didn't work the first time. This chapter is short only because I want the party to be it's own chapter. So yea tomorrow is my last day for midterms, I did well today for english and japanese! wish me luck~ and let me know your thoughts and predictions. your comments motivate me <3