Regardless

Forbidden Fruit [Semi Hiatus :( ]

I looked a myself in my full length mirror one more time just to make sure everything was in the right place. It was Valentine's Day today and I was going to have dinner with my parents and Seunghyun. I gulped at the thought of what my parents would say when they would see Seunghyun. They both knew I was gay, that wasn't my concern, it's just my parents tended to be very... open when it came to teenager things. I wish they could just play ignorant sometimes and pretend not to know anything. I fixed my red cardigan in place and smoothed out wrinkles on my black shirt. My parents were only taking us to go eat at the restaurant of one of the hotels we owned to protect Seunghyun's privacy. I told them we were remaining a secret.

I grabbed my phone that was charging and walked out of my room down the stairs. My dad was there waiting for my mom like usual. She always took forever to get ready. Even longer than me since she liked to curl her hair and do her makeup. I didn't mind though. A lot of people in my neighborhood had maids and servants who did this stuff for them. My parents were more down to Earth though even if we were rich. We had the smallest house on the street, which was still huge, and the oldest car, which was only 2 years old. My mom liked to stay young with what she had not get old by getting more things.

"Are you coming dear?" My dad called over to my mom as he looked at his watch.

"In a minute!" My mom yelled from her room so my dad could hear her.

"Alright I'm gonna go heat up the car." My dad said as he went to go turn on the car.

When we got to the restaurant my dad led me and my mom to a booth in the presidents suit in the back for privacy. He told a waiter to wait in front for a man named Choi Seunghyun. Not long after that Seunghyun greeted us. My voice got caught in my throat as I took in the sight of him. He was wearing a dressy shirt and jeans and had his hair done. My mom gave me a playful look as he sat down beside me.

"So you're the special Seunghyun." She began after we gave our small greetings.

"I hope that's what he's saying about me." Seunghyun joked. He gave her one of his cute eye smiles making my mom melt and place a hand to her heart. I smiled seeing how easy and simple things felt for us at the moment. No lies. No secrets. Just pure bliss.

Seunghyun continued to charm my parents with his stories about track and how he used to not like school. I found out a lot about him I hadn't known already as well. My chin rested on my palm as I stared at him talking to my dad about sports on TV. They were talking about the past Olympics and the foolish mistakes South Korean athletes had done during the races. "Would you have done better?" My dad ask laughing.

"Hmm..." Seunghyun thought for a little. "Probably, haha but I don't see myself as going professional actually." He stated. I sighed remembering this part of his life.

"Oh really? Why is that?" My dad asked concerned. He always wanted to go professional since he played soccer as a child to young adult but a knee injury had stopped him from pursuing his dreams.

"I have to take over the business once I finish college. My dad and mom have been working me to know all about it since Junior High. Unfortunately I'm an only child as well so I can't split the responsibility." He admitted. I looked down at the food left over on my plate and began playing with it with my chopsticks.

"Oh.. how sad." My mom pouted feeling bad for him. "Jiyong here has an older sister. She went to Europe to study abroad. She'll be back for the holidays though. I'm sure she'll be happy to meet you."

"Oh that would be wonderful to meet more of Jiyong's family." Seunghyun said cutely. We finished our dinner and dessert over small talk. My parents grew fond of my Tabi-sshi very easily and I was happy that I wouldn't have to feel like we were only a dream.

~*~

I curled up into my covers and pulled out my phone after I heard it chime. It was a text message from Seunghyun. 'Jiyong-sshi I had fun tonight. Thanks for deciding our plans.'

I felt myself blush as I let out a giggle. 'No problem Tabi-sshi. I'm glad my parents liked you and you liked them.'

'I wish I could say the same about my parents..' I read his text and felt a pain at my heart.

Would his parents never like me if they ever found out about us? What if I was really perfect. What if I could be everything they wanted for there son but just not a female? I thought long and hard. What is one thing they'd need and then it hit me. I needed to be a Christian. 'Seunghyun, can I go to church with you?'

~*~

It was a sunny Sunday morning despite the fact that it was already December. Seunghyun picked me and Seungri up in his car and drove us all the way to his church he and his parents went to. Newcomers went all the time so it wouldn't make a difference if he invited me there for just once so I could experience it. He was going to tell his parents we were new friends which is what they would have assumed anyways. He parked the car in a reserved space that had his name on it and got out signaling for me and Seungri to do the same.

"I don't know about this Jiyong.." Seungri pouted a bit to me while tugging my sleeve.

"Just trust me Seungri. I need to try to be more apart of Seunghyun so his parents will love me regardless." Seungri gave me a slight nod but still held an unsure look upon his child-like face.

We followed Seunghyun inside the big church. My eyes widened as they took in the sight. A large band was playing music in the front on the stage while people crowded around dancing below them. More people were standing from where their seats were applauding and singing along with the music. It was like a concert was taken place almost. Seunghyun motioned for me to head his direction which led us to stairs that took us to balconies.

We paused at the second balcony to the left. "Just take some seats." He whispered to me before walking away. I sat down with Seungri but leaned over to get a better look at everything. Seungri remained stiff beside me. He was never one for churches since he came out. He had a bad experience with them and I understood that but he said he'd do me this one favor as a friend.

Seunghyun returned with an annoyed look on his face. He made it to the seat next to me. He faced the front the began clapping in beat with the music. "Oh." I realized as I stood up as well and began to do the same as him. I wanted to ask him what had upset him but figured it'd be rude to do so at a time like this. I decided I'd wait til after the service to ask him.

When the music finished everyone returned to their seats, except those who were still crying. I wanted to ask so many questions but didn't want to seem like a noon around Seunghyun. I'll just research it later.

A woman with fine lines on her face and dressed professionally came into our booth and sat beside Seunghyun. She had on diamond earrings and a matching necklace. She didn't smile as she stared at the preacher not bothering to recognize my existence. "I thought I told you to act better around those of our same class." She gritted through her teeth to Seunghyun. Her voice scared me and made me want to shrivel up into a raisin.

"Omma, I don't care who it is, no one is going to be given my respect after they've proven time and time again that they are not worthy enough." He stated to her. Wait a minute?! This ahjumma is my Tabi-sshi's mom?! B-bu-but..

"Yea love you regardless." Seungri whispered in my ear. A burning pain rose into my stomach. All hope is lost I sadly realized.

A/N So everyone if you want find out more about Seungri then read 'Things You Can't Take Back' it is a short story about his relationship with Hyunseung and how he found out he was gay. It is short but is going to be just as deep so check it out :D