What Lies in the Past

Forbidden Fruit [Semi Hiatus :( ]

A/N Yayy~ finally updated ^^ so yea hope you.. oh wait this chapter is sad ;^: nevermind...

I glanced back at where Seunghyun and his mom were sitting. If looks could kill she'd be her own army. I looked away so I wouldn't make eye contact with the lady and tried really hard to listen to what she was saying. "Our family is really close with that of Hyuna's family. You shouldn't disrespect her boyfriend like that." She scolded. Hyuna had a boyfriend? Poor girl if he was someone Seunghyun didn't like it couldn't be good news.

"Tsk. I just rather not have to work with him in the future." Seunghyun said in an annoyed tone. His voice became sharp and unrecognizable. It frightened me a bit.

"Eh I doubt you will he wants to study abroad anyways." I tried to hear more but it seemed like there conversation had ended already. I turned my attention back to the preaching but felt lost. I couldn't understand much since I hadn't been paying attention. I inwardly groaned at my stupidity. This was the reason I came here today, not to spy on Seunghyun and his mom.

~*~

"You know it doesn't matter, just pick one."

"Ani! It does matter." I said as I waved my hand shooing Seunghyun away from ruining my concentration. After church finished Seunghyun dropped off Seungri and then brought me to a book store so I could buy my own bible like I wanted. Unfortunately I had been looking for over 20 minutes now and still couldn't find 'The One'.

I shook my head as a brown faux leather one appeared in front of my vision along with Seunghyun's hand. "It'll make you look sophisticated." He coaxed.

I tsked at him. "Since when do I need to look like that." I asked. Seunghyun groaned as he ventured off to look for more options for me. I browsed around through the section and gasped when I found the one I was looking for. It had black and white stripes with a red cross on the front all faux leather with silver rimmed pages. I couldn't help but smile as I reached out for it. This was the one.

~*~

I tucked in my bible into my book back after I changed into my gym clothes and kneeled down to tie my sneakers. It was Monday and I already wanted the week to be over with. "Ah~ so you got a bible? You think that's gonna make him love you?" I looked up startled to see who was talking to me and saw the kid from last time. "He's not good for you," he began as he lowered himself to me. "In the end he'll break your heart the way he did to me."

I swallowed hard not wanting to let his words effect me. "You don't know what you're talking about." I insisted. I then tried to turn away and pay him now mind.

"It's all nonsense.. he will hurt you.... But I won't." He said as he drew near. I backed up losing my balance and fell on my . I grunted from the small impact. There was no one else in the locker room. My eyes widened as he tried to hoover above me. I kicked aimlessly and picked myself up when he dropped and whined in agony.

Running out of the room I bumped right into someone making me knock hard on the floor. "Oh Jiyong?! Seunghyun was looking for you earlier."

I opened my eyes to see Taeyang lending me a hand. I took it and allowed him to help me up off the ground. "Thank you." I said before going to search for Seunghyun. He had some explaining to do.

I saw Seunghyun standing by the benches stretching and went over to him. I tugged on his shoulder to gain his attention. "We need to talk." I demanded not in the mood for excuses anymore. He turned to look at me confused. "About what?" He dared to ask.

I scoffed. For some reason my temper had gone up and I couldn't understand where it had come from. "You know, about your first relationship you don't want to tell me about." I glared into his eyes making it clear I was upset to him. He sighed and nodded. He motioned his head for me to follow him. I followed in his direction all the way inside and up to the school's roof.

He closed the door and checked to make sure no one was around before speaking. "Alright what do you want to know?"

"Everything."

He took a deep breath and sat down on the stoop against a metal fence and patted the spot next to him for me to do the same. I my teeth not wanting to be next to him but did as I was asked. "It was after I first moved here with my family for my first year in high school. I didn't know anyone. Everyone was already in their groups and so I was sort of an outsider. Sure I did sports but I wasn't in varsity at the time so nobody noticed me yet. Anyways, one day I went to the library to search for a book I needed to read for English. I wasn't familiar with it so I asked a kid for help. That kid turned out to be who you see now as my ex, Choi Dong Wook.

"He was one of the, I guess you could say 'cool kids' and so he showed me around. It was nice hanging around him. He knew all the coolest places to hang out and all the latest things about music, comic books and movies that everyone else was into. I was just a small town boy so what could I know.

"We went to a party once together. He told me that it was normal. What I saw there. Yea I guess to everyone it was normal but not to me. I was a church boy. I wasn't used to that. The drinking, the drugs, it didn't exist in my world and I didn't want it to.

"And so I asked if we could leave. And he said sure. We walked around this park since I didn't have to be home for a while and then he.. um.." Seunghyun coughed trying to clear his throat. His eyes were shiny and I could see he was getting a bit uncomfortable at the old memories he had buried away. "He kissed me."

"Seunghyun.." I tried to interrupt him from saying anymore but he continued.

"And at first I didn't like it. I tried to push him away, but he was bigger than me and just held me still until I fell for it." Seunghyun sniffled. I kept my gaze on him. He had never told this story to anyone before. "After he pulled away I ran home crying. I didn't want to like it. I knew it was wrong to. But I did." I grabbed his hand to comfort him and he smiled at my small gesture.

"I avoided him for a month after. I made my own friends. Kept myself busy for awhile. But he just wouldn't leave me alone. He knew my secret. He knew but he didn't have proof. He would promise to start going to church and stop partying for me and at first I fell for it." He swallowed hard and paused to collect his thoughts.

"But then I heard about him and a couple of girls, and I choose not to believe them. Not until during my first party I threw sophomore year, I saw him sneak into a room with another girl. He broke his promise." Seunghyun learned his head against the fence and looked up at the sky. "I don't know what he wants from me now. And I don't care." He said shaking his head.

"Seunghyun." I called. He turned to me giving me his attention. I grabbed his face and pulled him close to me as my lips met his. His hands steadied themselves on my shoulder and hip bringing me closer into him. As we broke apart for air he captured me into a tight hug and buried his face in my shoulder. "Thank you for not promising me anything." He stated. I could feel his sobs as my hand his back trying to calm him down.

Please comment~~