It's Not a Date

Forbidden Fruit [Semi Hiatus :( ]

I sat in homeroom with my hands folded over my face as I stared at nothing in particular. The morning announcements were being read through the intercom letting everyone know new events that would take place through out the week. "Don't forget the Knitting Club will be holding a meeting this Thursday in room 241. Also, Seniors if you want to buy a class sweatshirt please see..."

I zoned them out and closed my ears trying to focus on my inner thoughts when my ears picked up a group of girl's conversation.

"I feel so bad for Seungri-sshi I hope he feels better!"

"He didn't deserve that it's no fair!"

"He probably won't wake up for awhile. I went to visit him with Taeyeon the other day and he looked so broken."

"Do you know who did it to him?" Their voices got lower. I focused hard and opened my eyes waiting for the answer. Suddenly the bell rang blocking out the name of the culprit.

The group of girls grabbed their things and were heading for the door. I jogged after them and called out the first girl. "Hey,"

She turned around, her long hair hitting my face and gave me the biggest eye smile ever. "Yes?" She asked waiting for me to talk. Her friend gave her a knowingly smile and nod before leaving us alone.

I scratched the back of my neck nervous. I never really had to talk to a girl like this. "Um, what's your name?" I figured it'd be rude to just ask her right off the bat.

She smiled wider. "Tiffany, and you are?"

"Oh, Jiyong." I gulped feeling my throat get dry and rubbed my palms that became sweaty on my jeans. The warning bell rang signaling me I had no time to ask her all I wanted to at the moment. Especially with our homeroom filling up with kids who had this as their first class. "Um, Tiffany can we maybe talk sometime?" I tried.

She giggled and took out a pen from her purse. "Sure." She grabbed my head and scribbled some numbers on it. "Here's my number. Text me." She winked before leaving off.

I pulled the collar to my hoodie feeling uncomfortable before also leaving. The things I do for Seungri.

~x~ 

I had texted Tiffany as soon as I got home figuring I didn't have much time to waste. She texted me back almost immediately. I told her I wanted to talk to her about some things so she invited me over to get some street food and talk things over.

I decided to call Seunghyun first to let him know in case I didn't pick up to his calls or answer his texts in time.

"You're going to eat.. out.. with a girl.."

"Yes, I think she knows something about who hurt Seungri."

"Are you sure she doesn't think it's a date?"

"It's not a date! I never said it was."

Seunghyun sighed. "Yea I know but she's a girl, they think anything means anything."

I rolled my eyes. I'm sure Tiffany wouldn't even want to date a guy like me. "Look try not to get so jealous, okay?"

Seunghyun laughed on the other line. "Alright. Who is this girl anyways?"

"Tiffany." I answered and right after he hung up.

~x~

I made my way to the small street stand that was set up and looked around the tables for Tiffany. "Ah! Jiyong-ah! Over here!" She shouted while waving her hands from where she sat.

I walked over and sat across from her. She gave me her famous eye smile. I wonder if I could make my eyes do that...

"So what did you want to eat?" She asked looking at the menu.

Were we really going to eat? I kind of just wanted to talk but not wanting to hurt her feelings I decided to go along with it. "Um, what do you want?"

"Ooh they have the best deukbokki here! Let's get some!" She cheered.

I tilted my head to the side not knowing what that was. "Um.. okay."

Tiffany began talking once we ordered. I paid for us two to be polite and she thanked me for my generosity. Apparently Tiffany was originally from the states, she loved dancing and singing, and was a cheerleader at our school. When she asked me about what I did I told her I helped raise the school's grade average. She laughed at that one.

Our food came and I stared at it in wonder. I never left my house much unless it was school or Seungri's house so seeing this new street food was interesting to me. I watched as Tiffany used her chopsticks to grab a piece of the white chubby thing dripped in red sauce and put it in . She smiled once the taste reached her tongue. She looked at me and blushed embarrassed I had been starring at her. I hope I didn't make her feel fat.

I grabbed my chopsticks and mimicked almost exactly what she had done only when the taste reached my tongue it was not pleasant. I coughed as the hot flavor clogged my throat and burned my eyes and tongue.

"Omo! Are you okay?!" She asked. She ran over to me and patted my back while helping me drink from the water bottles. The taste finally faded to a minimum and she sat back down. "Do you not usually eat spicy food?" I shook my head while fanning my tongue. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know you didn't know what duekbokki is. I'll go get you milk."

After Tiffany finished eating and I cooled off my tongue she asked me to walk her home since it was a bit dark. As we were walking she noticed a small fair on the corner and wanted to go check it out.

We came across a table where a game was set up. Tiffany gasped and I looked to see her gaze focused on a giant pink teddy bear. Seeing she wanted it I decided I'd try to get it for her as a thank you gift for after she'd tell me who attacked Seungri. "How do you play this game?" I asked the carni.

He explained it briefly. There was a puzzle set up 4x4 with one piece missing. I had to slide each piece to get the picture to appear in less than 3 minutes. I smirked and put down five dollars knowing I could do this in my sleep.

The game started and I shifted each piece accordingly not missing a beat. Tiffany cheered me on excited by how simple I made it seem. In about 30 secs I had it done and Tiffany got to keep the pink teddy bear.

We were past the fair when I realized I still needed to ask her about Seungri. "Tiffany?"

"Yea?" She turned her head to me and smiled.

"You know about Seungri being in the hospital, right?"

"Oh, yes. It's a terrible thing."

"And you know he had been attacked." She only nodded this time and hugged the bear closer to her. "Do you happen to know who it was?"

She stopped walking and followed in her motion. "By any chance, is this the only reason you wanted to talk to me."

Crap, I feel so guilty. Please don't tell me Seunghyun was right, man I'm such an idiot. "It's just, he's my best friend.."

"I know, I always see you together in homeroom. I've talked to him many times but you, you don't talk to people.. so when you said you wanted to talk to me I got really happy. You're really sweet and way nicer to me than my ex." Her face looked sad as she rested her chin on top of the bears head.

I felt so bad and began digging my foot in the ground. "I'm sorry, I need to get revenge on him. Whoever did that to him. I can't let it go." I could feel the anger rise again in me.

Tiffany sniffled. I turned to her and saw her nod. "I understand, but the person who I think did that, you shouldn't mess with him. Please he is really strong."

She looked me in the eyes as she spoke and I could tell she was truly concerned. I guessed I'd need another way of enacting my revenge.

"My house is just two more houses down." She said breaking me from my thoughts. "Thank you for a wonderful time Jiyong, I had fun." She smiled once more which amazed me.

"Tiffany who was your ex?"

"..Taecyeon.." She let out almost inaudible.

"He missed out on a nice girl." She giggled at my short compliment. I smiled and she waved me off.

I was still walking when somethings began connecting in my head. Something from one of Seunghyun's story's he had told me.. Taecyeon,.. Taecyeon. A man's face appeared in my head followed by the image of him glaring at me and I rushed home to find out if what I was thinking was true.

Haha Detective GD x) I really liked this chapter, I think it's cute. Tiffany is really sweet and I wanted to feature her in this story breifly since I'm planning on writing a SNSD fic later in the summer. Anyways let me know what you think and wish me luck cause I have SAT's this saturday ;^;