Chapter 2

Shared Memories

August 2009

It was a beautiful summer day, the last day of summer vacation to be exact. You were awaken by the nice warm rays of the sun that came through your window, hitting your face. You rolled out of bed and walked over to the window and opened it. It was nice to be back home where you belong after being in America for a year studying. You thought america was okay but it was way different than what you were use to back here in Korea. You took a deep breath of the nice summer air and went to wash up.

Your parents had already gotten your uniforms for school, and you really had nothing to do today. You put on shorts and a plain purple and white baseball tee. You walked downstairs only to find that the house was empty, your parents had already gone to work but your mom had breakfast ready for you. You sat down at the table and ate your breakfast, then washed your dishes. You really didn't know what you were going to do since you were left at home alone, and you didn't want to bother any of your old friends. So you grabbed your phone and decided to go for a walk.

The summer air was nice and warm you loved it. You walked around the neighborhood for a little bit getting reaquainted with everything. You stopped by this cute little cafe, it wasn't fancy at all, and the coffee wasn't the greatest. But for some reason the feeling of this little cafe was nice, it was cozy, you loved it. You walked out with your coffee in hand and looked around the area. There weren't too much people around, but there was still a lot of people around. You scooped out the familiar neighboorhood to find a place for you to go. There wasn't too much people around, but you could see people in the distance walking into a park. 

'Oh the park! How could I forget!' you laughed to yourself then began walking to the park.

You smiled sipping on your iced coffee observing people around you. It was so nice, you sat down near the pond and watched the ducks swim around. It was really nice, you saw a food cart nearby and went to buy bread. You ate a little bit and started feeding the ducks. You giggled at how they all charged for a little piece of bread. You decided to carry on with your walk. You walked past a playground and watched the kids playing happily.

As you continued to walk trees started to appear, you sipped on your ice coffee. Your surroundings became more familiar, and in the distant you could see the lone bench sitting near the shaded walkway. You quickly walked over to it and sat down. 

'Just how I remember it~' you smiled to yourself.

You relaxed and looked around, nothing changed in a year. It was exactly how you left it a year ago. The only difference was your friends weren't there with you, you frowned a little thinking about them. You pulled out your phone and texted your friend Dongwoo.

 

(bold- you; italics- Dongwoo)

Hey :)

Heejin?!

What are you doing?

I'm just about to meet my friend at the park. Wait are you back?!?!

Neh, I'm at the park too!

Oh I'll come and meet you too!

Yay! and you can introduce me to your chingu ^^

Of course, are you at your spot?

No na ara, of course.

Okay i'll go call the rest of the group too and tell them you're back.

Arasso i'll see you then <3

 

You smiled happily to yourself. You got up and immediately got your drink spilt all over you by a guy riding his bike past you. 

"YAH!" you screamed.

The guy immediately stopped and turned around. He looked pretty tall, and had long light brown hair.

"Me?"

"Who else would I be talking to pabo!"

"Bwoh?! Pabo?!"

"Neh! You were careless and ruined my shirt!"

"You were the careless one and didn't see me coming!"

"You should have been aware of your surroundings! You have to buy me a new shirt now!"

"Wae?! It wasn't my fault!"

You were so mad that this guy was so arrogant you threw your empty cup at him, his eyes widened as it hit him. You were angry with this guy just because he ruined one of your favorite shirts but he was also rude about it and didn't apologize.

"What was that for!"

You huffed and walked away without saying a word to him.

"Yah get back here!"

You kept walking away angry, you didn't even remember that you had to meet Dongwoo there, you just didn't want to see this guys face anymore. He was so shocked that you walked away from him just like that. He ran after you and grabbed your wrist, pulling you back to face him. You came face to face with his chest. You blinked and looked up at him.

'Whoa...' he thought as he took a good look at you for the first time. You had these innocent looking brown eyes that captivated him.

"Bwoh?!" you yelled at him as you stared up at him. 

His words were caught in his throat he was speechless.

"Heejin!" Donwoo called walking up to you but noticed that you were standing in front of his friend.

"Oh Sungyeol, Heejin I see you already met~!"

"Bwoh?! This jerk is your friend?!" you yelled.

Dongwoo was slightly confussed by your sudden outburst, you never acted like that. But then he caught a glimps of your shirt, it was soaked in coffee and it was your favorite shirt that he and Myungsoo bought for you for your birthday. He now understood why you were so pissed off.

You huffed and pushed Sungyeol away then ran off. He just stared at you and watched you run away, his heart beating rapidly. He lifted his hand to his heart and blinked back to reality.

"Yah what happened?"

"I-I accidentally made her spill her coffee on her when I rode past..."

"How could you be so careless?"

"I didn't know she was going to stand up..."

"You should apologize."

"Who is she to you hyung?"

"She-" before he could say anything Sungyeol ran off to find you.

"Chincha?" Dongwoo sighed shaking his head, "so much for a good first impression now she hates our new friend..."