Chapter 3

Shared Memories

August 2009

You stormed off not believeing what you heard, "That jerk! Aish!"

You were so happy to finally see Dongwoo and Myungsoo, who were your friends since the three of you were kids, after being away for a whole year. Plus you wanted to see the rest of your friends: Sungjong, Hoya, Woohyun, and Sunggyu. But your mood was ruined by that idiot jerk who wasn't watching where he was going and made you spill your coffee on your favorite shirt. It was the same shirt that Dongwoo and Myungsoo bought you as a going away gift. You kept walking through the park, you weren't even paying attention to where you were walking, you just needed to get as far away from that area as possible. 

____

'Where did she go?' Sungyeol thought to himself, as he ran after you.

 

He really didn’t know you so he couldn’t go to your favorite spots to find you in the park. As he ran throughout the park searching for you he saw a cart. An ahjumma was selling shirts. He looked at them and took a double take recognizing one of the shirts. He started at  the shirt trying to figure out where he had seen that design before. As if a light bulb went off in his mind he figured out where he’s seen it. You were wearing it, well, you were wearing a shirt with the exact same design and he messed it up. He quickly walked over to the cart.

“Ahjumma how much is that shirt?” he asked pointing to the shirt.

“It’s $6, but I’ll give you that one and the matching couple shirt for $10.”

Not wanting to argue with the ahjumma he agreed. He paid the woman the quickly grabbed the two shirts and tucked them away in his backpack. He quickly started searching for you again. He ran pretty much all over the park. He ran past this water fountain that little kids were playing in. He saw a lonely figure sitting by themself watching the kids. He was about to run past when something caught his eye. He took a closer look at the figure and saw that the girl had her hands crossed over her midsection but you could still see something like a stain was there on the shirt. He blinked not believing that he actually found you. He took a deep breath and headed over to you.

____

You sat there not as annoyed as before but you still couldn’t believe that je3rk ruined your shirt and didn’t even apologize. You watched the kids playing in the water fountain blankly. You were deep in thought when you felt someone tap your shoulder. You jumped and turned around to see that jerk that ruined your shirt.

“Look before you get mad again can I say something?!” he said kind of worried.

You opened your mouth to protest but immediately stopped yourself when you seen his cute worried expression.

When he knew you weren’t going to snap at him again he began speaking, “Look I am sorry for how I acted towards you earlier. I wasn’t expecting you to stand up just then.”

You could see how sorry he was, “Okay… I forgive you for your attitude.”

A smile instantly appearing on his face, he then sat next to you, “I’m Sungyeol its nice to meet you…”

“Heejin” you said shaking his hand.

You actually got the chance to take a good look at him and noticed his nice eyes, he also had this silly smile but it was cute. You could see that he wasn’t like a lot of guys. You could feel your heart start to race.

“So are we okay now?”

Blinking out of your thoughts you stood up, “No.”

“Bwoh?!”

“An I, my favorite shirt is stll ruined because of you.:

“It was an accident!” he whined.

His cute whining started to melt your heart bit by bit, and was also attracting people’s attention, so you quickly walked away hiding your face.

“Yah~! Where are you going?! I said it was an accident!”

You walked faster trying to get away from the attention, and from him so you could think clearly. As you walked you pounded your chest where your heart was with your fist lightly, ‘Why am I like this? Especially towards that jerk?!’ you thought.

“Heejin-ah!”

“Go away!”

“But I’m sorry!”

“I already accepted your apology! Now go away!”

“Then why are you running away?!”

“Because I don’t want to talk to you!”

“Wae?!”

‘Because you’re making my heart do weird things and I don’t know why!’ you screamed in your thoughts, “Because you’re annoying me and making a scene!” you screamed at him instead.

“What can I do to make you like me?!”

“Leave me alone.”

“Anything else?”

“Do everything I tell you to do.”

“So like being your slave?”

“Neh.”

“Aniyo!”

“Arasso” you shrugged and walked away.

He was stunned that you just walked away from him… again. He didn’t even know what just happened so he followed you silently while he tried to think of something to say to you that would make you not mad at him. You could sense him walking behind you, but you just ignored him. You continued to walk, eventually leaving the park; Sungyeol still following behind you like a lost puppy. He couldn’t help but smile as he watched you. He noticed how  beautiful you were and was captivated.

As you walked home you saw a street cart selling food, you were hungry. So you stopped and looked behind you, Sungyeol immediately stopped walking an d acted like he was looking at a sign.

“Yah lost puppy!”

He heard you yell and turned, but was confused by what you called him.

“I’m talking to you, come here~!” you pointed at him.

He slowly approached you not sure what you were going to do.

“Why are you still following me? Don’t you have a home to go to?”

“I… I wasn’t following you! A-And I have a home!”

“Okay well since you aren’t following me,” you said sarcastically already knowing he was following you, “are you hungry?”

“Neh.”

“Kaji, let’s go get food from that cart.”

He was still surprised by your kind actions, but he decided it was best not to question it. You walked up to the street cart and looked at all the food. Sungyeol stood next to you staring at the food.

“Ahjumma can we get some of those?” you asked pointing to the fishcakes on a stick.

She nodded in response and handed you two. You turned to Sungyeol and held one up to him, he smiled brightly and took a bite of it.

“Yah! I wasn’t feeding you! Take it.”

He laughed and took it from you, “Ahjumma can I have some kimichi too?”

The Ahjumma smiled at him and gave him a bowl of kimchi, he bowed his thanks and picked some up with his chopsticks and held it up to you. You saw the kimchi out of the corner of your eyes and turned to glare at him.

“Aw how cute your boyfriend is trying to feed you, you should eat” the ahjumma said observing the two of you.

“But-,“ you opened your mouth in protest but was quickly silenced by some kimchi being stuffed in your mouth. You chuckled and just ate seeing how cute he looked. The two of you stayed and tried all of the food at the cart. After the two of you were full, the both of you spilt the bill, and your phone buzzed in your pocket so you took it out.

Message from: Dinowoo

Hey where are you? I know you’re not sleeping, why aren’t you answering your door? We’re out here waiting for you.

You replied:

Mianhae Dino… I decided to eat out for dinner, but I’m coming home right now.

Dinowoo:

Okay we’ll wait for you then.

You:

Aniyo go home it’s late, I’ll just see you guys tomorrow. Plus I’m tired.

Dinowoo:

Okay then see you at school tomorrow ^^

 

You turned back to Sungyeol, “Alright just because we ate together it doesn’t change anything… I’m still mad that you ruined my shirt. Good night.”

You walked away, Sungyeol started following you again trying to say something.

“Don’t follow me!”

He stopped dead in his tracks and blinked at you, “I’m going home please don’t follow me… why are you following me anyway?”

“I-I just wanted to apologize…”

“So you followed me?”

“Yeah you wouldn’t let me speak!”

You huffed, “I didn’t want to hear anything from you, especially after how rude you were earlier!”

“You said you forgave me for that!”

“Yeah but you’re so annoying!” you yelled back at him, ‘Why can’t you just go?! My heart is doing these weird things because of you!’ you screamed in your thoughts.

“I’m annoying?! You’re the one who won’t accept my apology and is still mad at me over a shirt!”

“Well this shirt means a lot to me! It was the first gift my best friends ever got me!”

With those last words from you he swallowed his own, guilt starting to settle in.

“Don’t follow me!” you yelled running away.

You ran few blocks from where you were and looked behind to see if he listened to you or not. Sure enough he did, there was no sign of him anywhere. You sighed in relief, ‘I swear it felt like my heart was going to explode back there when he fed me kimchi… why am I like this all of a sudden?!’ You shook away the thought and continued walking home.

­­­­_____

Sungyeol stood there stunned that you just left him.

‘Pabo! Why did you have to yell at her for!’ he mentally scolded himself.

He silently followed behind you making sure he stayed out of sight. His heart raced when he saw you turn around to check behind you. He quickly hid and watched as you turned around satisfied with yourself. This he chuckled at. He really wanted to walk you home that night, not to know where you live but to make sure you got home safe. For some reason since the moment he saw you up close, he was immediately captivated. As he followed behind you he looked around making sure nothing and no one would harm you, he wanted, no needed to know you were safe. He watched as you walked up a couple steps that led to your house and unlocked the door, then stepped in. He smiled relieved that you got home safely. He stared at the door for a couple seconds and smiled softly. Then it hit him.

‘Aish you pabo, Sungyeol!!! You forgot to give her the shirt!’ he hit his forehead with his hand and shook his hair in disappointment at himself, ‘tomorrow I’ll give it to her. I wonder where she goes to school…’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took me so long to finally update this story but I had a good excuse. I had a sinus infection... well still have one and it's been giving me really bad headaches, therefore making it hard for me to focus on anything. but im getting better and so i have written chapter 3 enjoy ^_^

~Admin Li