Chapter 6

Shared Memories

 

August 2009

He paced back and forth in front of Dongwoo’s house, his mind racing with thoughts. Images of you back hugging Sunggyu, and him hugging you kept flashing across his mind. The whole scene played in his thoughts like a movie, and every time it played it made him more frustrated.

Dongwoo was walking with Myungsoo back home since they lived on the same street. You didn’t walk with them because you and Sunggyu went to go get bubble tea with Sungjong like you would normally do.

“Is that Sungyeol?” Myungsoo whispered.

“I-I think it is… But why is he here?”

They slowly walked up to Sungyeol not sure why he was here.

“Yeolie?” Dongwoo said cautiously noticing the stressed look on Sungyeol’s face.

Sungyeol turned and ran up to Dongwoo, “Hyung!”

Both Dongwoo and Myungsoo jumped when he yelled.

“Hyung you know Heejin right?! So is she dating Sunggyu Hyung?!”

It took a while for Dongwoo and Myungsoo to fully process what Sungyeol had said. But when they did they started laughing at him, because even though at times it did seem like the two of you were dating your relationship with him was strictly brother-sister type.

“Why are you laughing?!” he stomped like a little kid.

Once Myungsoo caught his breath he explained, “Hyung, Sunggyu hyung, Woohyun and Hoya hyung, and Sungjong have all been friends with Heejin since we were in middle school. Then Dongwoo hyung and I were friends with her since we were little kids because we all live on the same street and our parents know each other.”

“Bwoh?!”

“Neh, so Sunggyu hyung is like an older brother to Heejin.”

Sungyeol nodded calming down a little after they explained what was going on to him, he smiled happily.

“Wait why do you want to know? And why are you so worked up about it?” Dongwoo grinned mischievously.

“A-ah I was just curious…” he said quickly and walked away.

The two looked at each other, “Do you think he-?”

“I think he does,” Myungsoo nodded snickering softly.

___

You, Sunggyu, and Sungjong headed to a café to get bubble teas. You and Sungjong skipped into your favorite café as Sunggyu followed behind you slowly chuckling. You pulled Sungjong up to the counter and looked at the menu.

“Ooo there are more flavors now!” you said happily, “what are you going to get Gyu?”

He eyed the menu looking at all the different choices, “Kiwi,” he said confidently.

“I’m going to get strawberry~” Sungjong smiled brightly next to you, “what are you getting noona?”

You took a moment and thought, “I think I am going to get strawberry as well.”

Sunggyu ordered everyone’s drinks while you and Sungjong waited by the counter for them to be made.

“Hey Sungjong do you know who Sungyeol is?”

He blinked in surprise at your question, “Yeah I know who he is” he nodded.

“When did he come to our school? I don’t remember him…”

“He came to our school around the same time you left to study abroad…”

You nodded, “He’s kinda weird…”

“Why do you say that?”

“Because yesterday he messed up my shirt that Dino and Myungie gave me, and he’s been following me around all day yesterday and today…”

“Why was he following you?”

“Molla… I think he’s trying to apologize to me.”

“Did you accept his apology?”

“Aniyo.”

“Wae?”

“Because you know it’s my favorite shirt and his apology won’t make up for the fact that he ruined it…”

“True…”

Sunggyu joined the two of you, “What are you guys talking about?”

“Your old grandpa ways~” you teased, “I’m kidding we’re talking about that kid Sungyeol.”

“Oh Yeolie? He’s such a choding, and he’s so loud but he’s a good friend” Sunggyu nodded, Sungjong’s eyes widened hearing Sunggyu’s words.

“A good friend?” you tilted your head slightly confused by what he said.

“Oh yeah after you left to study abroad he came to the school and he’s been our friend ever since, you should meet him he’s nice and loves to joke around-” Sunggyu was cut off by the look the maknae gave him.

“What?” he asked slightly confused.

“Wait a second you guys are friends with Sungyeol?! The guy that ruined my favorite shirt and followed me all day today?!”

Sunggyu and Sungjong bit their bottom lips nervously as they watched your reaction carefully. You couldn’t believe that they were friends with him, you were also kind of shocked. ’Why didn’t they tell me before?’ you thought. Once your drinks were ready you grabbed yours and drank it as thought of different things. Sunggyu and Sungjong watched you think.

“Heejin?” Sunggyu said softly.

“What?” you said a bit annoyed.

“Are you mad?”

“More like shocked~ why didn’t you guys tell me you were friends with him?”

“Dongwoo said that you guys got off to the wrong start and that you hated him… we didn’t want you to get mad at us for being friends with him…” Sungjong said quietly.

“Well now I’m mad that you guys hid something from me~!” you said and walked out of the café a bit frazzled. You were so hurt that they hid this from you, your best friends hid this from you.

___

You turned the corner onto your street and saw your two best friends sitting outside Dongwoo’s house talking. You put on your headphones and kept walking hoping they would get the hint that you didn’t want to talk to them at all. You walked past them without even waving at them. But they already knew why you were ignoring them because Sunggyu called them to tell them. After you passed by them you finally felt like you could breathe and went into your house.

But it wasn’t surprising that a few minutes after you entered your house there was a rapid knock on the door. You sighed and went over to open the door.

“What do you want?” you said already knowing who was at the door.

“We’re sorry” they said in unison, “we knew you didn’t like him because of your first meeting so we didn’t want to tell you because we knew you would be mad.”

“But I’m mad now that I wasn’t told straight.”

“We’re sorry Heejin-ah~” they said putting aegyo in their voices.

“Ugh fine I forgive you… But you are buying my dinner tonight because my parents aren’t home.”

“They left again?” Dongwoo asked softly.

You nodded slowly in response, Myungsoo hugged you seeing your sad expression.

“So what do you want to eat?”

“Pizza!”

The two of them smiled and waited for you outside then the three of you went to a pizza diner to eat dinner together.   

~~~~~~~~

Short update today ^_^ working on chapter 7