Chapter 11

Shared Memories

 

Ending of August 2009

Sungyeol walked up the steps of your house nervously and smiled to himself sheepishly when he thought about how you had agreed to go on a date with him.

‘I can’t mess this up… she’ll for sure not want to be my girlfriend if I mess this up…’ he thought to himself, he even chuckled softly when he thought of the word girlfriend. He had finally admitted to himself that he was head-over-heels in love with you. He wasn’t sure when exactly it had happened being as your first meeting wasn’t a very good one, and after that you kept avoiding him, but somewhere along the way he fell in love with you. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

You had just finished getting ready for your date, you were wearing shorts with a belt and you had on the couple t-shirt that Sungyeol had rebought for you after he ruined it at the beginning of the month. You put your hair up in a loose ponytail, then you heard the knock at the door. Your heart immediately jumped to your throat when you heard it, you took deep breaths to calm yourself down then grabbed your small backpack. You opened the door to see Sungyeol standing there. You smiled brightly and saw him standing there in a white shirt with a black blazer over and jeans.

“Re- Hey you’re wearing the shirt I bought for you~!” he smiled.

You nodded, “I thought it would be nice to wear it.”

“It looks nice on you~” he smiled and bite his lip nervously, “y-you ready?”

You nodded and walked out of the house and locked the door behind you. Then the two of you walked to the park together, the streets weren’t too busy. But as you guys got closer to the park the streets started getting busier, and the streets became crowded with families and kids enjoying the festival. The two of you tried pushing your way through the crowd but at one point it got so crowded that you were separated from Sungyeol. You called out for him, when you didn’t see him anywhere near you. You turned in a circle looking for him. But you couldn’t see him anywhere.

“Sungyeol-ah~!”

You started to panic a bit, you never liked being lost in a crowd, it was something you were always scared of since a little kid.

“S-Sungyeol-ah~!” you yelled again this time getting a little more timid, your voice cracking with fear.

Sungyeol heard your voice call out for him, he turned to look at you and notice you weren’t behind him. His eyes widened and looked around for you. There was no sign of you what-so-ever. He tippy-toed to see over the crowd and finally he saw you. He ran to you hearing your voice call out for him, he could hear the hint of fear in your voice. He pushed his way through the crowd and found you finally. He quickly wrapped his arms around you pulling you into his embrace. Your heart was racing but it seemed to calm when you felt his arms around you.

“It’s okay, I’m right here~” he said softly, feeling your shoulders rise and fall with your breathing.

You hugged him tightly not wanting to let go and slowly started to calm down. He continued to hold you there in the middle of the crowd not caring if anyone was looking, he just wanted to make sure you were okay. Once you calmed down and you were no longer scared you slowly let go of him.

“You okay?”

You nodded, “N-neh… Gomawo…”

He smiled reassuringly and held your hand tightly, then pulled you through the crowd making sure you didn’t get lost. Once you were through the crowd, you smiled seeing the different vendors and street performers all around the park. He smiled seeing the same sight as you then pulled you towards a food vendor. He bought both of you a cone of cotton candy. You ate it happily and looked around the area, looking at the different games. That’s when you spotted a huge teddy bear hanging at one of the games. You smiled brightly pointed to it.

“Oh look at that big teddy bear!!!”

Sungyeol looked to where you were pointing and smiled, “Do you want it?”

“Neh~!” you smiled brightly and nodded.

He pulled you to the game booth, the game was darts. Sungyeol paid the worker and he gave him three darts. The object of the game was to pop three balloons in a row and you could win a prize. Sungyeol had three darts and he took one. He focused his gaze on a small yellow balloon. He drew his hand back and threw the dart, POP! The dart went straight through the yellow balloon popping it on contact. You cheered happily beside him clapping. He smiled loving the way you cheered him on, making his heart soar. He picked up the second dart and aimed for the purple balloon right next to it.

You watched him carefully, cheering him on so you would get the teddy bear. You watched as the first dart sailed through the air and popped a balloon. Then you saw him pick up yet another dart. You watched as he threw the dart and it popped a second balloon.

Sungyeol was down to the last dart, the last balloon to win that big teddy bear. You crossed your fingers and bit your lip nervously as you watched him aim for the third balloon. The dart cut through the air and hit the board just missing the third balloon. Sungyeol frowned knowing he failed you. You smiled at him and patted his back.

“It’s okay I don’t need it anyway~”

He smiled pulling out his wallet and paid for another round of darts, he could see the disappointment in your face and he didn’t want to ever disappoint you. You smiled seeing his actions and watched. You didn’t want to protest because you really wanted the bear plus you had a feeling if you did he wouldn’t have listened to you anyway.

You watched him as he threw the first two darts and popping the first two balloons with them. He took a deep breath and he looked over at you.

You raised your fist in the air, “Fighting Sungyeol-ah~!”

The butterflies in his stomach went wild and he quickly turned back to regain focus on popping another balloon. He took a deep breath and threw the dart. The two of you watched as it sliced the air. You held your breath watching it, time seemed to slow down.

POP!

You smiled brightly and jumped excitedly seeing the dart meet its target. Sungyeol smiled and cheered with you. You were so excited you threw your arms around his neck and hugged him. Once you realized you were actually hugging him and he hugging you, both of you freezed. Sungyeol’s heart started to race, your heart seemed to have stopped.

“So what prize do you want?” the worker said interrupting the moment, causing the two of you to pull away immediately.

“U-uh the big teddy bear…” Sungyeol stuttered.

You looked away from Sungyeol and bit your bottom lip trying to regain yourself. The worker handed the big teddy bear to Sungyeol and he bowed thanking him. Then he turned to you and held it out in front of you.

“For you~”

You smiled and took the bear, “Gomawo~” you said hugging the bear.

You guys walked around the festival eating different food and playing different games. You smiled and pulled him towards a vendor that was selling cute accessories. You grabbed a pair of matching bunny ears and put one on him. You laughed when he made an unamused face at you, then you put on a matching one. You pulled out your phone and took a picture of the two of you.

“Aniyo~!” he complained when he saw you pull out your phone.

You giggled, “Waeyo? You look so cute! And we’re matching!”

“Andwae~!” he said trying to avoid taking a picture.

But after a bit of arguing you finally convinced him to take a picture with you. You both posed for the picture and you took it. You smiled looking at the picture then showed Sungyeol he chuckled while looking at it.

___

“Is that Sungyeol and Heejin?”

“I knew it!” Sungjong said happily.

Infinite had gone to the end of summer festival as well to basically eat all the food that was there. They were walking around eating everything in sight when two familiar figures caught their attention. They saw the two of you at one of the vendors with bunny ears on. They watched from the side to see what you were doing, then they saw you take a picture together.

“A-are they on a date?!” Woohyun whisper screamed.

They all gasped finally realizing what was going on.

“Should we go say hi?” Dongwoo asked with an evil grin on his face.

“Yeah we should and watch them get all nervous and stuff,” Hoya added.

They all slowly approached the two of you while you guys were messing around at the vendor both.

“What are you guys doing?”

You jumped at the sound of Sunggyu’s voice immediately recognizing it.

“I-I… W-we’re just looking around…” you stuttered and let go of Sungyeol’s hand.

The two of you were a dark shade of red having being caught by your friends on a date.

___

Present Day

“Man the look on both of your faces was classic!” Hoya laughed and soon everyone joined in laughing as well.

“I swear those were good times,” Sunggyu nodded.

“So that was your first official date?” Myungsoo asked.

“Yeah it was… until you guys ruined it,” he glared at all of them but they just snickered.

“What about your second date?” Sungjong asked innocently.

“Well that one went more smoothly than the first.”