Chapter 7

Shared Memories

 

August 2009

The next day went like normal, you walked to school with Sungjong, Myungsoo, and Dongwoo. At school you were constantly annoyed by Sungyeol trying to get your attention. During your morning classes Sungyeol was passing you notes, you couldn’t help but answer back because they were so cute.

They varied from:

Hi stranger.

To:

Heejin-ah~! Answer me dammit!

You willingly played along and wrote notes back to him. Then one note kind of took you by surprise.

Can I eat lunch with you?

You replied:

Sure why not, even if I said no you were going to sit with me anyway right?

Yeah XD

So after your class was finished and it was time for lunch you packed up your bags and waited for Sungyeol. He smiled and walked up to you then the two of you walked to the cafeteria to get lunch. When the two of you entered together side-by-side Infinite was shocked. They couldn’t believe what they were seeing, just yesterday you practically hated Sungyeol or so it seemed that way and now the two of you were talking and walking together. They watched the two of you carefully as you guys got your lunch and walked outside.

Once at the table you started eating, then looked up at Sungyeol. You noticed how his hair fell in front of his eyes as he ate, and you noticed how long his arms was by the way he had them stretched along his side of the table. You smiled softly as you watched him eat. Throughout the day you realized that what Sunggyu said about him was true. He was such a choding but he was really nice and kind hearted. You laughed softly and began eating again. He could feel your eyes on him but continued to eat so you wouldn’t feel awkward if he looked up.

“So you’re friends with Infinite right?”

He nodded happily, “Neh I am one of Infinite.”

You chuckled, “So how long have you been friends with them?”

“For about a year now,” he smiled, “I know you’re friends with them right?”

“Neh~ I’ve been friends with them since we were kids.”

“That’s what Dongwoo hyung said yesterday~ I’m sorry for treating you like a new kid yesterday…”

“It’s okay you came after I left to study abroad.”

“So you have been friends with them since middle school?”

“Neh but I’ve been best friends with Dongwoo and Myungsoo the longest because we’ve always lived in that neighborhood together and then Sungjong moved in when we were in middle school.”

“Oh I see~” he nodded.

Just then the bell rang and the two of you got up. You threw your trash away, then walked to math. When the two of you walked in Chunji’s eyes widened, somehow seeing the two of you so comfortable he felt threatened. When he found out that you had returned he wanted to get you back. He still loved you.

You and Sungyeol sat in your seats and got ready for your last class of the day. It seemed to drag on as the math teacher lectured you. Luckily you and Sungyeol started passing notes again to keep the class interesting.

(Bold=Sungyeol; Italics= You)

Hey ^_^

Hey :)

Is it just me or does today’s class just seem boring?

It is really boring I’m practically falling asleep here…

I think the whole class is falling asleep to be honest

Keke yeah look the whole front row is practically sleeping~

Do you think he’s going to turn around?

No he’s so focused on the lesson he’s not even caring about us

Hey do you want to go get ramen with me after school?

Well I normally go and get bubble tea with Gyu and Sungjong

Well you don’t have to come with me

No it’s okay ramen actually sounds really good :)

Really?!

Neh let’s go right after school

The biggest smile spread across his face reading your reply. After that class seemed to fly by so quickly and before you knew it school was over. You quickly packed up your  stuff and waited for Sungyeol. Before Chunji could even open his mouth to talk to you, both you and Sungyeol walked out of class. The two of you quickly walked out of the building and headed out of the school gates.

“So where are we going to go?”

“There is this really good place that I always go to” he nodded and pulled you along which made you chuckle.

You walked along the semi-busy streets as students walked home and people were selling groceries and meat. You smelled the spicy smell of kimchi as you passed by an ahjumma that was selling her homemade kimchi. You smiled as Sungyeol pulled you along, but you walked into him when he suddenly stopped at the corner of the street.

“Omo are you okay Heejin?”

“Why did you stop for?!”

“I thought you were paying attention?!”

“Well anyway why did you stop?”

“There is the shop,” he pointed across the street, “come on!” he said excitedly and pulled you into the ramen shop.

___

“Annyeong halmeoni!” he said bowing as the two of you entered then he sat down at a table and waved you over.

You quickly walked over to him and sat down across from him, “What do you want to eat?” he asked.

“Can I have a kimchi ramen?”

“Oh cool I was just about to order one for myself!” he smiled, “halmeoni can we have two kimchi ramens please?!”

“Neh!” she answered and quickly got to work making your food.

You looked around the place, “How come I have never seen this place before? I’ve been in this area many times but there was never a ramen shop here… in fact I think this use to be a bakery…”

Sungyeol nodded, “Neh it was a bakery but they closed down a while ago and then this place opened up.”

“That explains it…”

Moments later the halmeoni brought the two of you your bowls, “We’ll eat well!” the two of you said in unison and bowed then began eating. The food was great, and it filled up your stomach. You were in the middle of eating when Sungyeol looked up and chuckled.

“Bwoh?” you looked at him carefully.

“You got a little bit of the kimchi here,” he pointed to the corner of his lip so you could mirror him, but you wiped the wrong side.

He chuckled and waved you to lean forward, you hesitantly did as he told you to. He reached forward and wiped the kimchi sauce off of your mouth with his thumb and grinned. You looked down and continued eating so he wouldn’t see you blushing. You hoped that he couldn’t hear your heart pounding against your ribcage. The moment he touched you, you felt a jolt of electricity go through your body. He chuckled softly, and retracted his hand from your face. He could feel his face getting hot as his face turned the color of a tomato finally realizing what he just did. The two of you ate the rest of your meal in silence.

After you finished eating he paid for the meal and the two of you left.

“Can I walk you home?”

You thought about it for a second then nodded, “Sure, after all you did pay for our meal.”

The two of you walked through the bustling suburban streets as people rushed to get ingredients for their dinner, or to get home after work. You were being pushed apart from him due to the crowd of people. He almost lost you but he could see your cute headband over the crowd and pulled you close to him. You subconsciously hugged his arm not wanting to get lost in the crowd. After you guys made it out of the busy part of the city you continued to link arms with him.

The sun started to set as the two of you chatted and walked. Finally you turned the corner onto your street and walked up to your house. You let go of his arm once you were in front of your door.

“Gomawo for the ramen~”

“Ani we can go anytime you want” he nodded.

“Annyeong~ I’ll see you tomorrow at school,” you smiled and started to walk inside.

“Wait!”

You turned around and looked at him curiously, “Neh?”

“Here, I know that it won’t make a difference because I ruined your last shirt… and Dongwoo explained why it meant so much to you… I’ve been trying to give this to you for the past two days but you kept ignoring me.”

He pulled his backpack around and pulled out a shirt. He then handed you two of them, “I found a shirt that was exactly like the last one I ruined, and the ahjumma sold me the other couple shirt for a cheap price.”

You took the girl’s shirt from him and handed him back the guy’s shirt, “I can’t wear a guy’s shirt so you keep it okay?”

He nodded, “I truly am sorry for ruining your shirt Heejin…”

You smiled and hugged him, “You are hereby forgiven~” you let him go and quickly went inside leaving him grinning like a fool after the initial shock wore off.

You leaned against the door and placed your hand over your heart.

‘So he was trying to apologize… and he got me a new shirt!’ you blushed looking at the shirt.