Chapter 14

Shared Memories

 

September 2009

After you were dropped off at home by Sungyeol all the members met at Sungyeol's house. All of them filed in and sat around in the living room.

"So what is this all about Sungyeol?" Sunggyu asked looking at Sungyeol making everyone settle down and listen.

"Well you know how we agreed to keep watch over Heejin because she might be getting bullied?"

"Yeah..."

"I think I know who it is."

"Chincha?" Dongwoo perked up tilting his head, "who is it?"

"I think it's Ara and her two friends..."

Sunggyu nodded, "That would actually make sense since she is absolutely crazy and she's kinda psycho..."

"Not to mention she has this crazy idea that she's dating Sungyeol hyung," Sungjong added.

"How did you find this out Yeolie?" Myungsoo looked at him.

"Well after our last class today Heejin was waiting for me to finish packing up my stuff. Then when I called her she was frozen, I called her a few times but she wouldn't respond... She just stared out the door and that's when I saw those three."

They all nodded, "Ara must hate that you two are close," Hoya added.

"So now we know who is bullying her again," Sunggyu sighed, "we have to keep an eye on Ara and her two minions to make sure they don't do anything stupid-"

"And if they do they'll get it from me," Woohyun said firmly shaking his head.

"They'll get it from all of us," Myungsoo corrected the older's statement.

___

It was saturday morning and you woke up early a bit excited for your date with Sungyeol. You weren't really sure where he was going to take you and you were quite nervous. You washed up and walked downstairs to eat a quick breakfast. After cleaning up after yourself you walked back up to your room to decide what to wear. You walked to your closet and looked at different options.

'Shirt and shorts or dress?' you thought to yourself as you looked through your closet.

Buzzzzz. Buzzzz.

You turned and saw your phone vibrating on the vanity next to your closet. You walked  to it to see who texted you, it was Sungyeol.

The text read:

I'll pick you up at 10?

You smiled and replied:

Okay ^_^

You then went back to deciding on what to wear. You finally decided to wear your gray hi-low tank top with shorts. You gasped seeing the mess you made in your room from pulling things out and tossing them aside on your bed, so you quickly gathered them all up and put them away. You checked the time and it was only 9:30, you were getting anxious and started to pace not sure what to do until 10. You walked downstairs and decided to watch some tv to pass the time. You found a variety show to keep you entertained. 

After what seemed like forever, you finally heard a knock on your front door. You stood up and grabbed your purse then turned off the tv. You put on your shoes and opened the door to be greeted by a smiling Sungyeol. You smiled back brightly at him.

"Ready?" he asked holding his hand out to you.

You smiled and took his hand, then walked out of your house. You smiled holding his hand tightly, finally being able to do things like this because you guys were now dating. You looked around as you walked down the street hand-in-hand.

"Where are we going?" you looked up at Sungyeol.

"Do you like coffee?" he looked back at you curiously.

You nodded, "Neh, I'm a bit of a coffee addict," you giggled.

He laughed too, "Aigoo so can I!"

"So are we going to get coffee?" 

"Well yeah, but I want to take you to my favorite coffee shop, I think you'll like it."

You smiled happily enjoying every moment with Sungyeol. The two of you continued to walk down the street. You weren't walking for long when you arrived at this coffee shop on the corner of the block. It was small but it looked nice from the outside. He smiled at you and held the door open for you, you stepped inside the cafe and was instantly greeted by the smell of coffee. You grinned as you looked around the small coffee shop, it was a nice little area and had a cozy feel to it. 

"What do you want to drink?" he asked stepping in behind you.

You looked up at the menu, "Um... I think I'll have.... a vanilla iced coffee."

He nodded and walked up to the counter and ordered you your vanilla iced coffee and an iced americano for himself. Then he told the worker something and the worker nodded. You couldn't here what they were talking about so you tilted your head in confusion. 

Sungyeol turned around and walked to you, "Come on let's go."

"Go? But we just got here..." you said a bit sad.

He chuckled and grabbed your hand, "Don't worry and just follow me."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, and he pressed his finger between your eyebrows to make them relax then he led you to the back of the coffee shop and thats when you saw a staircase leading up.

"Where does that go?" you said pointing to the stairs.

"Molla, let's find out," he said grinning and lead you upstairs.

"Wait are we suppose to be up here?" you whispered looking behind you to see if any workers were coming.

"Don't worry I said."

He lead you to the top of the stairs where it opened up to a nice place with a bunch of tables and chairs set up, there were a few couches set up at the corners of the room. Sungyeol then led you to sit at a two seater table by the window. 

"What is this?" you asked sitting down across from him as you looked around.

"This is still the coffee shop," he chuckled.

"Bwoh?"

"Yeah they have a bunch of sitting areas up here and you can use their wifi to do work and stuff."

"Wow!" you grinned looking around.

"Your coffee~" the worker said placing the two drinks in front of you two, then he walked back to the counter on this floor.

"They have two counters in this coffee shop?"

"Neh, the one downstairs is like take out-ish," he laughed loving how amused you were with this.

You sipped your coffee, "Wah even the coffee is great here!"

He laughed more, "Shall I bring you here more often then?"

You nodded happily, "Of course you should!"

_____

Present Day

"Wah you guys were sneaking behind our backs the whole time?!" Dongwoo said surprised as he listened to his younger friend's story.

Sungyeol nodded, "Yeah...." he chuckled, "You guys really had no clue?"

"Well we had suspicions but they were never really confirmed until you actually became boyfriend and girlfriend," Sunggyu added.

"So you had love at first sight with noona?" Sungjong asked.

Sungyeol chuckled sheepishly, "Well you could say that, but she hated me at first sight," he laughed.

As the group of friends were laughing at their foolish high school days a doctor walked out of the ER, "Family of Kang Heejin?"

Sungyeol shot out of his seat on the couch and ran to the doctor, "Here!"

The doctor met him halfway and Sungyeol had a look of concern and worry coated his voice, "How is she?"

"She's doing okay, we're still operating on her... She was hit pretty badly and sustained a lot of injuries, but we just wanted to let you know that we have the best team of surgeons operating on her and she will be out in no time," the doctor reassured him.

He nodded, "O-Okay..." he turned and bit his lip nervously hoping you were alright.

He sat back down on the couch with a heavy heart and worry once again striking him as well as all the worse case scenarios he thought of earlier. 

"What did they say?" Myungsoo said softly.

"She's doing okay, their still operating on her but she's sustained a lot of injuries...."

"I'm sure she'll be fine Yeollie," Myungsoo patted his back comfortingly.

"Yeah, your girl is a fighter," Hoya added with a smile, "Don't you remember how she got bullied but didn't back away from you at all?"

He nodded and sighed, "I know..."

"So is that all you did with her on your second date? You stole my girlfriend away from me to take her to a coffee shop?" Woohyun joked to lighten the mood.

"Ani we went to a music store after that."