Chapter 12

Shared Memories

 

Wow I have been really slacking on this story and I apologize (insert deep bow) I feel so bad for being one of those authors that start a story off so well and then stop posting for a long time... I will update more often or try to because I have a lot planned for this fanfic and I have been at writing this.... OTL

~Admin Li

End of August 2009

After Infinite had ruined your date with Sungyeol, all of you just walked around the festival together. The whole time you were at the festival together. The whole time you were at the festival you were kinda bummed that you couldn't be on a real date, but you couldn't understand why you were so bummed. You really didn't understand why you said yes in the first place, but you knew that he always made your heart pound or skip a beat. On the other hand Sungyeol had already realized his feelings toward you. He was in love with you, he no longer felt weird around you he knew exactly why he always felt his heartbeat accelerate or why the butterflies in his stomach would go crazy whenever you were near. 

The rest of the time you guys were at the festival Sungyeol was a bit grumpy and was a bit sad at the same time

'How-?! Why did they come at a time like this?!' he thought to himself.

When the members weren't looking he would glare at them. All eight of you walked around and played games. Woohyun stayed by your side most of the time making Sungyeol very jealous. 

"Heejin-ah~ let's go eat cotton candy~" Woohyun cooed.

You nodded happily and pulled him towards the cotton candy cart, he bought one for you guys to share. After the vendor finished making it, you happily took it and pulled off a piece popping it into your mouth. 

"Mmmm....yummy~" you grinned, then pulled another piece off and fed it to Woohyun, who ate it happily. Then you continued to pull off pieces and feed them to the rest of the members. 

After a couple hours the members got tired and one by one they all started to head home, Myungsoo offered to walk you home but you decided to stay a bit longer with Sungyeol. Myungsoo just chuckled as he walked home alone. 

You and Sungyeol didn't stay long after because it was getting late. Sungyeol walked you home and as you were walking it started getting darker.You were walking through one of the darker parts of the park so you could see the stars much better at that part of the park. You looked up to see the stars shining brightly from above. You suddenly stopped to take in the magnificent view. 

Sungyeol didn't notice at first until he turned to ask you something and noticed you weren't around. He blinked and quickly looked around he sighed in relief seeing you a few feet away looking up at the sky. He chuckled softly a smile automatically appearing on his face seeing how cute you looked.

"Do you like watching the stars?" he asked. 

You nodded in response and looked at him, "Want to watch the stars for a bit? It's still early?"

He nodded then you started walking towards the hill that the two of you just past, it was nice for looking at the stars. He smiled following behind you. You sat down on the cold grass and patted the spot next to you for Sungyeol to sit down, then after he did so the two of you laid down looking up at the night sky.

"It's really nice, I never really got to watch the stars before..." Sungyeol said sheepishly.

"Really?"

"Neh."

You smiled glancing over at him then pointed up at the sky, "That is Orion's Belt, it's said to be lined up perfectly with the Great Pyramids."

"Chincha?"

"Yeah," you grinned.

"How do you know that?" he asked as the two of you laid there side-by-side.

"I use to stargaze with my dad all the time..." you sighed, "well until his business took off and now both of my parents are always busy."

"Oh..." Sungyeol looked over at you to see your sad expression.

"Yeah... that's the main reason I left to study abroad because they weren't going to be around anyway... I started getting sick of coming home to an empty house..."

Sungyeol laid there in silence not knowing what to say, but at the same time wanting to comfort you. He then sat up catching your attention so you sat up as well.

"Heejin-ah~"

"Neh?"

"I will keep you company from now on so you won't be lonely," he said softly looking into your eyes.

You blinked at his words, "Y-you don't have to... I'm use to it..."

"But you shouldn't have to feel that way. I'm here for you okay?" he said smiling at you, which made you smile too and it made you feel warm inside knowing that you wouldn't have to be alone anymore.

"Komawo~" you smiled and looked back out at the stars. The two of you sat there in silence for a while just enjoying the cool night and each other's company.

But Sungyeol's mind raced with thoughts, 'Should I hold her hand? No. Yes. But what if she thinks this is just as friends... Just hold her hand Sungyeol. No I can't...' He couldn't stop arguing with himself in his head.

You looked over at Sungyeol and chuckled softly at his troubled expression, "Shall we go?"

He looked into your eyes, "Sure," he replied but was disappointed in himself that he missed his opportunity.

The two of you stood up and walked back to your house. As the two of you walked you chatted about different things and once in a while his hand would brush against yours. Your heart started to race and you could feel your cheek heat up, you quickly moved your hand getting flustered by the way your body reacted to his slight touch. He puffed his cheeks knowing that you pulled away your hand.

'This feeling... for Sungyeol? But he's just a friend... I haven't felt this way since... since... Chunji...' you thought and put your hand back down.

Our hands touched once again, instantly sending a volt of electricity up your arm and through your whole body. Sungyeol bit his lip nervously and slowly grabbed your hand. YOu blinked, then looked down at your hands.It was nice. Your heart pounded against your rib cage, you looked up at Sungyeol, who was smiling to himself looking up at the sky. 

'I-I think I like you, Sungyeol...' you thought blushing as you realized all the things your heart would do when he was near, you realized these were your exact feelings when you were in love with Chunji. You flushed red, but was thankful that he wouldn't see because it was pretty dark. The two of you continued to walk hand in hand towards your house in silence. As you walked you hoped that he couldn't hear your heart beating loudly. 

He couldn't believe that you let him hold your hand For the both of you it seemed as though the walk was too short and wanted more time with each other. He walked you up to your door step.

"Thanks for today," you smiled nervously still holding his hand.

"No thank you," he smiled, "it's too bad we were almost caught."

Both of you chuckled remembering Infinite's interruption.

"You should go in, it's getting cold..."

You nodded then turned to open your door.

"Heejin?"

"Neh?"

He gazed into your eyes then glanced down at your lips, but quickly looked back up at you, "Uh... I-I'll see you on Monday," he stammered. He quickly turned and walked away.

You blinked, "Good night~" you called after him, which made him turn and wave good night back.

'Dammit you missed your chance pabo!' he thought as he walked home under the starry night.