Chapter 1

Shared Memories

 

November 29, 2012

"Hyung what happened? Heejin didn't even say hi to me when I was walking to the apartment..." Myungsoo said to Sungyeol as he entered.

"We just had an argument about why I've been coming home late..."

"But isn't it because you're preparing-"

"Yeah but I can't tell her because it would ruin everything I had planned, and now she thinks I'm cheating on her..." Sungyeol said cutting him off mid sentence.

"True... Well I'll go find her and try to calm her down. Then bring her back."

"No I should go and explain myself."

"But what about-?"

"I know it's not what I had planned but I need her to know that I love her and only her..." Sungyeol said before running out of the apartment to find you.

He thought of places you would go and the first that came to his mind was the roof. The elevator was taking too long to get to the floor he was in. So he decided to run up seven flights of stairs to get to the roof. But when he reached the roof you weren't there. He sighed and thought about where else you would go.

'The cafe!' He thought and ran down many flights of stairs to reach the lobby.

'Please be there' he chanted as he ran to your favorite cafe. He really didn't know why it was your favorite. For one, it wasn't that fancy and it was pretty small, but the coffee was not the greatest but it was okay. He ran to the cafe getting nervous when he saw the sign. But when he entered there was no sign of you there and he started to get worried.

There wasn't much places you ran away to, so he tried to think of other places you would go to clear your head. He couldn't think of anything and was getting frustrated by the second. He knew you would have probably gone to the library, but it was closed at this time of night so that option was crossed off his list.

'Where could she be at this time of night?!'

He looked at the clock and it was almost 9:30pm. His mind raced trying to think of a place you would be. Then it hit him. The park. He knew you had to be there, after all it was the park where you first met. He stood and ran out if the cafe. The park was his last hope. His heart pounded against his ribcage as he ran, his thoughts racing through his mind. He saw the entrance to the park and quickened his pace to get to that one bench you always say at. He got to the bench, there was no sign of you. He sat down and screamed out in frustration.

"Where could you be Heejin?" He whispered to himself.

He tried calling your phone but it was no use, you didn't answer. He put his phone down in the bench next to him then stuck his hands in the pockets of his jacket. In one pocket he felt a small box and gripped it in his hands, the other pocket had a folded piece of paper. He was suddenly brought back to reality when his phone rang loudly on the bench. His heart skipped a beat hoping it was you. So he picked up his phone without checking the caller id.

"Yeoboseyo? Heejin?!"

"Aniyo it's me hyung..."

"Myungsoo?!"

"I found her..." He said as he spoke softly.

"Where is she?"

"The hospital..."

"Bwoh?!"

"I just got a call from the hospital they said they couldn't get a hold of you."

Without hesitation he got up and ran out of the park. He ran to the curb and called for a cab. The whole ride to the hospital he tried to prepare himself for whatever reason you were rushed to the emergency. He also tried to think of best case scenarios, but it didn't help if anything it was only bring up the worst in his mind. He watched blankly out the window as people and cars passed by.

'Please don't take her away from me... She's everything to me' he pleaded in his mind.

The taxi approached the entrance to the emergency room, he took a deep breath then got out of the car. He ran into the emergency room and looked around. Doctors were walking around busy with patients, he tried to get someone's attention but he had no luck. He looked around the emergency room for any sign of you but you weren't anywhere. He spotted a reception desk on the other side of the room. He ran towards it, not even apologizing to the people he bumped into along the way.

"Excuse me? Do you have someone here by the man if Kang Heejin?" He asked the lady behind the counter with a shaky voice.

"I'm sorry sit we can't give out that information" she said nonchalantly.

"I-I'm her boyfriend, Lee Sungyeol."

"Yes your girlfriend is in the O.R right now, please have a seat over in the waiting area and the doctor will be out to explain everything when they're done."

The tone of her voice sounded sweet and caring like the way a mother's voice sounded when she was about to clean your cut with rubbing alcohol. But the words that came out if stabbed his heart. He couldn't handle the thought if you being operated on, the fact that you had to get operated on scared him senseless. What made him feel even worst was the last moment before all this happened the two of you had an argument. If you didn't have the argument this wouldn't be happening, this thought haunted him.

He slowly walked towards the waiting area, it was filled with couches and some coffee tables. His legs were going weak and was ready to give in at anytime while he was walking. The moment he reached that waiting area he dropped to his knees, letting the tears he had tried to hold back all this time finally fall. He didn't know what he would do if he lost you, the love of his life, he didn't even like that one time you were only gone for a week. He felt so lost when you left to visit your cousin that week. The world around him felt like it stopped, his heart was ready to explode, even breathing became harder. Sungyeol felt like he could die right there on the spot.

"Hyung!"

Sungyeol was so in shock that he didn't even hear Sungjong, the youngest of his friends, call him. He didn't even notice his group of friends in front of him. Dongwoo helped him to his feet and sat him in the closest couch. All of Infinite looked at each other concern showing in their expressions. Before they all rushed to the hospital, Myungsoo had informed then about what was happening. He had also explained that the two of you had gotten into a fight, so he wasn't sure how they would find Sungyeol at the hospital when they got there.

"What did they say?" Sunggyu, the eldest member of the group asked cautiously.

Sungyeol took a deep shaky breath then began, "they didn't tell me what happened but she's in the O.R. right now. The doctor will come out and explain when they're done."

They all nodded in understanding.

"W-what if she doesn't make it?" Sungyeol said softly looking at his friends with tear filled eyes.

"Yah don't talk like that~" Dongwoo said patting his shoulder lightly.

"B-but..."

"No stop hyung," Sungjong cut him off before he could say anymore.

"Why don't we just talk about positive thing while we wait here?" Woohyun spoke up.

"Yeah I think that's a good idea!" Hoya agreed.

Everyone was smiling, even Sungyeol had a slight smile on his face.

"So what should we talk about?" Sungyeol asked looking at his friends. All of them sat and thought for a moment about what would be a great subject to talk about at a time like this.

"High school!" Dongwoo piped up excitedly.

With those two simple words a soft smile was on Sungyeol's face once again.

"Those were good times, do you remember when kept following Heejin-" Sunggyu started but was soon interrupted.

"Yah! I wasn't following her around~!" Sungyeol whined.

"Then what were you doing? I swear out of all the years I've known her I never seen her so annoyed with someone before," Myungsoo laughed, "and she had to put up with Dongwoo hyung!"

"Yah what is that suppose to mean?!" Dongwoo retaliated.

"I-I was just trying to get her to notice me that's all, she was the only one back then that didn't even take a glance at me" Sungyeol tried to explain his actions.

"Sure what ever you say, but you followed Noona around like a puppy dog" Sungjong chuckled.

Sungyeol huffed giving up on trying to explain himself to his friends, but he smiled remembering back to those days.

"How did you guys meet anyway?" Dongwoo asked, "you guys never really explained to us how you met..."

Sungyeol smiled remembering that faithful day, "arasso I'll tell you so it was in August right before school started our junior year..."