Guilt

Dangerous Mistakes

You wanted to go to Yukwon right away. There was nothing you could do but that, but the problem is, you didn't know where he was.

- I'm trying to locate them, but part of the system is still frozen, I'm sorry, there is nothing we can do for now. - said Kyung running after you as you paced the living room, tears running down your face. You were completly lost, all you thought about was finding Yukwon. - I'm worried about him too, but you have to keep calm.

After that, he came back to the computer. They couldn't call an ambulance, not with the police after them, so they had to get Yukwon to a hospital where a friend of theirs worked, and wouldn't denounce them to the police. To do that, Kyung needed to find them, and then drive them to the hospital.

You went back to Yukwon’s room and started to think. If they were running away from the museum when Yukwon got shot, they couldnt be too far away. Maybe if you searched for them yourself…

Quickly, you grabbed an emergency backpack Yukwon had given you, and opened the window. Kyung and Zico wouldn't let you just go out, so you had to go down the fire escape. When you had half your body out the window you felt hands on your waist pulling you back, and before you knew it you were back inside the room,  back pressed against Zico’s chest.

- Where the hell do you think you are going?

You tried to break free, but he was much stronger then you, you shouted at him, angry:

- Zico, let me go, NOW! - you kept trying to push him away, but it didn't work.

- Do you really think going out like this will help him? Where do you plan to go, huh? Do you think you can find him more easily then the police? Or us? Use your head.

You started to cry again. You were being completly stupid, and you knew it but you didnt care, you couldnt just wait around.

Zico finally let go of you, but you stayed in the same place, hot tears burning down your cheeks.

And then his arms were around you again, in the first genuinely friendly hug he gave you, so you hugged him back, burying your face on his chest, and just sobbed for a while, while Zico your hair.

- I FOUND THEM!

Kyung was yelling from the living room. You moved away from Zico and ran to the door. He went after you. The three of you got to the car, Kyung drove as fast as he could without being stopped.

After a couple of minutes searching, you found them. They were hidding in a alley in the back of a bar, quite far from the museum. They all looked tired, angry and had minor injuries, but Yukwon was lying on the ground, eyes closed, body glistening with sweat, breathing slow. You ran to him, kneeling on the ground and getting blood on your clothes, and touched his forehead like he was made of glass. His skin was burning.

- Yukwonnie… - you called. His lips opened slightly, but he didn't move any more than that.

- We gotta get him to the hospital NOW. - Jaehyo told you, gently pushing you away. - Taeil, give me a hand.

They lifted Yukwon up as gently as they could. He grunted, the back of his clothes soaked in blood. Together, Jaehyo and Taeil put Yukwon in the backseat of the car, and Jaehyo drove away.

_____„,_____

The other guys went back to the apartment, dragging you with them. They told you to get yourself in clean clothes first, and wait for Jaehyo to call and say it was ok to go.

- If we walk into the hospital just like that we may get caught, we don't know how much of our identities has been exposed when the police caught us. - said Jaehyo.

You were seriously getting sick of waiting for everything. You stayed by Taeil’s side while he finished getting the computer system to work again, just so you knew when it was ok to go.

The drive to the hospital seemed to take months, until you finally got there. Their friend, doctor Park Jungsoo was waiting for them at the back door.

- Don't worry, he is ok. I removed the bullet easily, but he lost an awful lot of blood so he is very weak. It will probably take a few hours for him to wake up. - he said as he led all of you to his room. - You can either wait around or just go home and I'll let you know when he wakes up. Here, - he gave a key to Jaehyo. - stay in my room so no one sees you roaming around.

You thanked him, and he left. You stared at the door. He was ok. You took a deep breath. He was ok.

You felt a hand lightly push your back. Kyung was nudging you forward.

- Go on. We will wait for you there.

You nodded, not able to speak yet. A couple more deep breaths before you finally entered the room.

It was dark inside, the only light comming from a lamp on the bedside table. Yukwon was lying on his back, the blanket up to his waist the only thing covering his body, his torso wrapped in bandages. The room was silent, it felt like someone was covering your ears with a pillow, the air seemed still, like time had stopped. Yukwon’s chest slowly moved up and down, in long breaths that stretched the red scar he had across his chest from when Jihoon attacked him with a knife.

And then you broke apart. Sobbing, you slid to the floor, letting yourself sit down. That's it? That's how your life was gonna be? How many times would this happen? How many days would you spend worried about him while he was out? How many nights you would not be able to sleep waiting for him to be safe and home? And still, you didn't think of leaving him. No way.

You heard a sigh. Turning your head back, you saw Zico right behind you, looking down at you. He didnt say anything, you didn't say anything. Zico kneeled down and lifted you up, carrying you out of the room.

- Come on, you don't wanna wake him up, do you? - he mumbled, putting you down in the hallway. - I guess you don't realise how loud you got.

- I did? - you dried your eyes on your sleeve, trying to pull yourself together. It was not working, your face just got wet over and over again. Zico pulled you for a hug again, and once again you allowed him to. But this time, you felt almost like you were comforting him, instead of him comforting you. He pressed his nose against your shoulder, breathing in your scent, running his hands up and down your back. Before you could push him away though, he said, voice muffled:

- Why him? What is it about him that you love so much? Why can't it be me? - Zico pulled you closer, almost crushing you against his chest. - It was supposed to be me.

- What…?

- I was supposed to kidnap you, not him. I was gonna be the one to take you to the HQ. But everybody thought you would co-operate more easily if the pretty boy handled you. I can't help but think… - he stepped back, with his hands on your waist, looking into your eyes. You were scared to see he seemed so… lonely. Not at all the image you had of him. - if it had been me, would you have fallen in love with me?

You were speechless, all you could do was look into his eyes. A few seconds passed. It was like Zico wasn't even waiting for the answer, more like he was letting his conclusion sink in.

Then you heard a very low voice comming from the slightly open door behind you.

- ________… - Yukwon was calling your name, his voice weak. - ________…

Zico kissed your cheek in the sweetest way, and whispered:

- Someone needs you. - Zico smiled, and walked away.

You nearly ran into the room. Yukwon’s eyes were only half open, but he was trying to sit up.

- No, stay down! - you say, putting your hand on his chest. He groaned but did as you said. You sat down next to him, his hair, his neck, his arms, his chest, his face. - You are just gonna keep scaring me like that, aren't you? I'm probably gonna be seeing you like this way too often.

Yukwon weakly pulled you down, pecking your lips. He was shaking slightly, his heart was beating fast under your palm.

- I'ts not my fault, I'm not inept, I'm just unlucky.

- Is that supposed to make it better?

- Not really. But may I try again?

You sighed. He gave that beautiful smile.

- - -

Find the chapter here.