9.

Forgetful Minds

 

Sometimes Kris wonders why Luhan is his roommate or why he even agreed to living with the older boy. When Kris first met Luhan, the both of them did not get off to a good start. He had bumped into the older on the way back to his dorm and he was miffed at Kris having knocked down the suitcases he had carefully arranged.

---

“Clumsy idiot”

“Say what?!” the muttered insult does not go unnoticed by Kris as he stops in tracks to give his signature - face to the stranger in front of him.

“I said, CLUMSY. IDIOT,” the other rolls his eyes muttering, “and you would think someone so young would be hard of hearing” under his breath.

“And you would think that you were moving house instead of moving into a dorm” Kris shoots back, still glaring at the stranger who has effectively managed to piss him off within five minutes of their meeting.

What disturbs Kris is the fact that this baby- faced stranger is glaring unflinchingly back at him. Most people, actually no, everyone would have looked away the moment Kris’ face was out in full force. But not this person in front of him.

“Ah yeah, whatever” the stranger stalks past him and accidentally (or not) bumps into him as he moves to pick up his fallen luggage.

“Oops,” he smiles cheekily as he heads up the stairs, luggage in tow.

And for once, Kris is speechless.

 

Kris thinks that he must have killed someone in his previous life, to have such bad luck. His room looks as if a hurricane has swept through it. A hurricane, by the name of Luhan. His previously neat room is now a mess of clothes, shoes and books. No thanks to his new roommate who also happens to be the baby-faced he met downstairs.

“Could you keep to your side of the room?” Kris growls as he flings away the stray jumper that has somehow managed to find its way to his bed, only to have it flung back at him. That’s it, I am not taking any more of this , he thinks as he marches over to the other side of the room and is about to yell at the other when he sees the look of panic that is clearly written on Luhan’s face.

“Where is it, where is it, where is it” Luhan mumbles under his breath, his eyes wild with panic as he frantically searches for something, throwing his stuff everywhere.

The look on Luhan’s face and his frantic movements tell Kris that the missing item must be something that Luhan holds dear to his heart.

“No no no I can’t have lost it,” Luhan stumbles off the bed as he moves to search the area around and promptly crashes into Kris.

“I’m so sorry” he says distractedly, looking up at Kris, but not registering his presence, mind clearly still intent on finding whatever he has lost.

“What is it,” Kris asks, not understanding what has possessed him to offer help. Maybe it’s the look on Luhan’s face, maybe it’s how Luhan sounds so helpless or maybe it’s how Kris can understand the feeling of having lost something.

“A box. A box of letters. I would kill myself if I lost it.” Luhan says, anxious eyes darting around.

Kris nods and makes his way out of the room to search the living room instead. But the mess caused by Luhan makes it difficult for him to do so and he trips over one of the many boxes in the room, sending the contents of the box flying and Kris sprawling to the ground. 

“Are you okay!!” Luhan hurries over to Kris, helping him up. Kris gives a small groan as he sits up, while picking up the contents of the box that is now scattered around him.

Papers. With neat handwritten words. Letters.

“Is this what you were looking for?” he holds out the fallen letters and watches as the doe-eyed boy widens his eyes and lets out a squeal as he tackles Kris into a hug.

---

From there on it’s a start of a friendship. One that is full of bickering and petty arguments but also one that is full of genuine care and concern for each other. Though the two have opposing personalities, but there are times where the two of them have personalities so similar to each other that it can come off depressing. One of which, is their inability to cook anything edible. Which is also why Kris is currently poking his charred scrambled egg glumly, pushing it around his plate, his face screwed into a look of disgust. He looks over to Luhan and sees that the older has completely given up on eating his breakfast and is now eating cereal, while eyeing him over his bowl.

“I didn’t tell him you know,” Luhan remarks noncommittally, munching on his cereal at the same time.

“Huh?” Kris is confused and he tries to back track their conversation in his head. What is Luhan talking about?? They had been blaming each other over their inability to cook before they lapsed into silence, lost in their own thoughts.

“Yixing,” Luhan simply says, clearing all the questions in Kris’ head at once.

Oh that.

“You didn’t?” he prods cautiously.

“Of course not! That’s for you to tell him yourself,” Luhan replies, a cheeky grin on his face. “There’s no fun in me telling him that you like him. I have long- awaited for the day where the proud and y Wu Yifan will be reduced to a gooey mess as he confesses to his loved one,” he continues dramatically and Kris resists the urge to roll his eyes at the other.

“,” he opts to mutter instead.

“Oh by the way, Yixing borrowed a book from me and I need it back. Could you help me get it back from him later?” Luhan says as he moves to dump his bowl into the sink.

“Wha-”

“Oh right, what am I even asking. Why would you turn down an offer to visit Yixing on a Saturday?” Luhan laughs gaily, before grabbing his backpack and leaving with a “have fun!!”, slamming the door behind him. 

 

Wow i so bad. Most of you guys were waiting for more krislay action right. I didnt mean for this part to drag on for so long, im sorry. But then again, i didnt expect myself to update today! Anws, i hope you guys like the latest update. And yes, more krislay action coming up for sure! ^^ Thank you for all your encouraging comments so far, they really made my day! ^^ Please continue to do so~ they are greatly appreciated! I love you guys! <333