17.

Forgetful Minds

 

Chapter 17

Kris groans as the light rays of the sun beam through the window onto his bed. He shifts in bed, trying to ignore the steady throb in his head as his hand reaches out for the alarm clock at the side of his bed. It’s only 9am in the morning and he has two more hours to prepare before meeting Yixing for their date. He can hear Luhan singing loudly in the shower and if anything, it adds to the massive headache he has right now. Sighing, he sluggishly moves to the edge of the bed, pushing himself off the soft mattress only to be hit by a wave of dizziness, causing him to fall back onto the bed with a soft thump.

A shiver runs down his spine and he buries himself under the soft blanket, attempting to seek warmth. “Why is it so cold,” he mumbles to himself, his fingers trembling slightly. He wills the headache to go away, but it doesn’t.

“You look like crap,” Luhan comments, rubbing his head with a towel as he steps out of the bathroom in a set of fresh clothes. Kris merely mumbles a string of incoherent words in his weak attempt to return a retort to his roommate.

“You should cancel the date, Yixing won’t mind. Or should I call him for you?”

“No!” Kris croaks feebly, as he sits up only to fall back onto the bed again. “No, it’s the only time we can have a date. And he still has a class to teach at night...” he trails off, too tired to continue. Luhan shakes his head, taking one last look at his stubborn roommate before stepping out of the room.

It’s only a few moments later when Yixing quietly pushes the door open, his eyes taking in the sight of the figure curled on the bed.  He gingerly pads across the room, taking care not to disturb his sleeping boyfriend, as he places the herbal drink and medicine on the table.

The slight dip on the bed and the cool fingers pressed softly against his burning forehead causes Kris to stir from his slumber. He turns towards Yixing’s familiar touch as the former gently his head, patting him gently on the back.

“Yi-Yixing, the date…” he mumbles.

“It’s okay, we can always do it another time,” Yixing smiles reassuringly as he gently lifts Kris to a sitting position, letting his head lean into the crook of his neck. Yixing winces as his skin comes in contact with his boyfriend’s forehead. The heat is immense and if anything, Yixing is sure that Kris is having a high fever.

He reaches out for the bottle of pills and herbal drink on the table, and coaxes Kris to swallow the pills with the drink. Kris frowns, his eyes closed, his head turning away from the medicine. “No pills,” he mumbles and stubbornly refuses to take them despite Yixing’s coaxing. Yixing sighs as he purses his lips at his stubborn boyfriend. There must be a way to get him to eat the medicine, somehow. He stares helplessly at the medicine and herbal drink in his hands and blinks when an idea pops into his head.

Why didn’t he think of it before, he grins as he drops the pills into the drink and waits for them to dissolve. Gently nudging Kris, he presses the cup to his lips and tilts it for Kris to drink. “No pills,” he says and smiles to himself when Kris reluctantly swallows the drink before turning his head away with a shudder. Yixing tucks him into bed and drops a kiss on Kris’ burning forehead, fervently wishing that he will get better soon. Quietly closing the bedroom door behind him, he places the glass on the kitchen counter and slides his phone out of his pocket, dialing a number. Please please please answer, he mumbles to himself, his mind full of worries.

He sighs with relief when the other end of the line is picked up.

“Hello Joon Myeon? I need your help...”

---

Yixing quietly slips into the room, his heart dropping at the sight of Kris tossing and turning restlessly on the bed. He hurries over, sitting on the bed and gently pats Kris, trying to bring him some comfort. “Stay with me,” Kris whispers hoarsely when Yixing stands up again to look for more blankets to wrap around Kris. A hand tugs at Yixing’s weakly and seeing the state Kris is in, Yixing doesn’t really have the heart to protest.

He climbs into bed and lies next to Kris, his body heat a welcome to the sick male who unconsciously snuggles closer to the smaller boy. Yixing wraps an arm around Kris’ waist and rubs his back in circles, humming quietly to himself. Soon, Yixing feels his eyelids getting heavier, slowly drooping close and he slips into dreamland thereafter.  

---

It is all dark when Kris wakes up from his sleep. His throat is parched but other than that, he feels better than he was hours ago. His fever has subsided and his headache almost gone. He turns in bed and sees Yixing lying beside him, deep in sleep, a serene expression on his face. His eyes traces Yixing’s sleeping figure, illuminated by the pale moonlight, taking in the younger’s attire. Yixing is dressed in a blue thin shirt and maroon skinny jeans, the material clinging to his small frame. Guilt sinks in him as he remembers how their date today was cancelled because of him and he slowly reaches out to caress the Yixing’s soft locks, grateful for Yixing’s comforting presence.

His breath hitches and his hand stills when he notices how Yixing’s shirt has ridden up in his sleep, exposing the smooth milky skin beneath. He flushes and blood rushes downwards, his pants becoming incredibly tight. Damn it Kris, don’t even think about it, he frowns to himself and he exhales, unwillingly distangling himself from Yixing’s arms to get to the shower to get rid of his problem.

The movement causes Yixing to stir in his sleep and he sits up groggily, his hand mussing his hair. Kris tries to ignore how adorable Yixing looks and how he’d like to pin him to the bed and kiss his boyfriend senseless.

“Kris??” he calls out, his voice thick with sleep. He frowns worriedly, upon remembering how Kris was sick and reaches out to press a hand on Kris’ forehead. His face relaxes into a smile when Kris’ forehead is cool to his touch.

“I’m alright now,” Kris smiles and ruffles Yixing’s hair. Yixing blinks sleepily, a smile on his lips. But they slowly turn downward into a pout when Kris slowly gets off the bed.

“Just going to take a shower, go back to sleep,” he says as he gently pushes Yixing backwards and pulls the covers over him. He chuckles to himself as he watches Yixing fall back into an easy sleep.

“Come back soon,” Yixing murmurs and Kris halts in his steps, fully aware of the loud beating of his heart. He rushes into the bathroom, silently cursing at the effect the younger has on him. Dammit Yixing, just dammit.

 

 

asdlkhf fluffly fanxing <3 sorry for not updating recently. school got tiring for me and i hardly have time to use my laptop nowadays ugh. i'll try to update whenever i can~ and thank you to all new subscribers and all those who always comment! you make me really happy ^^