6.

Forgetful Minds

The next day, Kris arrivers at dance sabbatical and is greeted by a smiley Yixing, dimple dancing on his cheek. He feels the familiar bubbling sensation in his stomach as he resists the urge to poke the adorable dimple and instead returns a smile before moving to the corner of the room.

Yixing has a new shuffle choreography planned out for them today and they are to split up in pairs for this routine. Kris ends up being paired with Tao as Jongdae isn’t here today.

It’s that boy from before. Kris remembers the piercing gaze that was sent his way on the very first day. I hope he won’t mind my pathetic dancing. He wipes his hand nervously on the back of his sweats. He has watched Tao dance before and Tao is good. Not the best, but good. Well, better than Kris. He isn’t sure how Tao will react to his horrible dancing and his slow pace at picking up the new choreography.

Surprisingly, Tao offers a shy smile and a shy handshake, causing Kris to do a mental double take. He was sure Tao was the type who would simply scowl and nod his head and ignore him for the rest of the lesson.

It turns out that Kris has nothing to worry about because Tao is nothing like what he thinks. Beneath the cold exterior and the killer glare hides a shy and adorable boy who often gets misunderstood due to the scary look he gives off.  Kris learns that Tao’s flexibility comes from his many years of martial arts training, which is also why Tao does not have much trouble when it comes to dance.

“Ge, you do it like that” Tao demonstrates the dance move patiently as Kris clumsily follows. Yixing has given them time to work in their pairs, but this isn’t working out for Kris at all as he crashes into Tao for the nth time after forgetting a step.

“UGH I GIVE UP” Kris moans as he flattens himself against the wall. “I’m never getting this right Taaaaooooooooo arghhhhhhajhdfjaioshbfljafo” a spew of gibberish comes out of Kris’ mouth as he whines in a not-so-Kris-like way. Jesus, I have never been this whiney before. The things this stupid sabbatical does to me….

“So how are you guys doing!” Kris hears a chirpy voice in the background.

“Yixing, Kris can’t get the moves right. So he is devastated now…”

“What??! I’m not devastated! I’m just-“ Kris whirls around in an attempt to defend himself but stops at the sight of Yixing looking at him with an amused smile on his face.

Damn those dimples.

“Well, you do look devastated” Yixing says with a raised brow as he proceeds to pull Kris to his side before demonstrating the steps again.

“Lift your left leg up, shift your right leg in a zig zag motion…yeah like this” Yixing nods approvingly as Kris follows suit albeit in a clumsy fashion, wobbling unsteadily on one foot. “Now kick your left leg outwards” No oh my god I can’t. I’m already flapping around like some idiot and now I have to move on one leg while moving my other leg in the air- oh . Too caught up with his thoughts, he conveniently misses a step again and promptly collides into Yixing. Yixing reaches out to steady him and when Kris looks up, Yixing’s face is a mere few inches away from him. Emergency bells start ringing in his head as he registers the close proximity he is with Yixing. Oh . Too close, too close.

“Kris?? Kris?? Yifan??” Yixing waves a worried hand in front of his face, snapping him out of his trance.

“You look dazed” the pale boy frowns and pushes Kris to the side. “I think you should rest. The lesson is going to end soon anyway” Kris agrees silently, his throat dry and he leans against the wall trying to calm his heartbeat.

 

 

“Xing! Are you coming?” Luhan asks, tapping his foot impatiently as he stands by the door with his boyfriend, Kris and Tao.

It’s the end of the lesson and they have decided to go to the café again. Out of impulse, Kris asks Tao if he wants to come along and he receives a shy “yes” in reply, and now they are all waiting for Yixing who seems to be taking his own sweet time.

“Uh no it’s alright ge, you guys go without me. I shall stay here for some self-practice” Yixing answers distractedly as he fishes his ipod out of his bag and plugs it into the sound system.

“Don’t overwork yourself Xing, it’s not going to do you any good if you injure yourself again. We’ll come back to get you after we are done!” Luhan sighs before turning to leave.

 

 

“Twenty bucks Xiumin will hit on Tao.”

“I already said I am not betting with you.”

“Aww come on! This is fun!”

“Only because Xiumin hits on every single stranger who walks into the café”

“Which is why this is fun!”

“You mean cheating me of my money is fun” Sehun intones, rolling his eyes at his immature boyfriend.

“Kind of… I mean its free and easy money!” Luhan grins as he swings their interlaced hands together.

“Excuse me???”

“You are excused” the older one replies cheekily, sticking out his tongue at his boyfriend.

“Shut up”

“So will you-”

“No”

“Awwwwh Sehunnie, please….” Luhan tugs at their joined hands, only to be met with more eye rolling.

Kris gives a loud sigh as the two bicker their way to the café.

“Sorry about that, those two are really childish.” Kris says to Tao who is observing the playful banter between the two.

“They look cute, really. I wish I had a boyfriend like that,” Tao murmurs, eyes still on the couple. And as much as Kris wants to disagree with Tao, he has to say that Sehun and Luhan fit each other really well. They are a match made in heaven, despite the obvious differences between the two, and Kris envies them to a certain extent. He wishes that he has someone to bicker with, to laugh with, and to tease at. Someone to call his own, someone who would love him for who he is and not because of his looks. But sometimes Kris thinks that he wishes too much, which is why he is still single today.

Luhan looks expectantly at Xiumin as the puffy cheeked waiter approaches the table.

Greeting them with a simple “Hi!” everyone turns to look at Xiumin, including Tao. The dark haired boy gives a shy smile and introduces himself and much to everyone’s surprise, Xiumin makes no move to ask Tao out on a date. Instead, he is blushing as he shakes Tao’s hand and he stutters out his name before getting their orders and fleeing to the safety of the counter.

“What was that!” Luhan speaks everyone’s mind (except for Tao who has no idea what has happened) and Kris turns to see the older one’s jaw drop, still staring in disbelief at the waiter who is stealing glances at their table.

“HAH I WIN! TWENTY BUCKS!” Sehun exclaims and holds out his hand triumphantly, breaking everyone’s train of thoughts.

“What, NO. You said you didn’t want to bet with me” Luhan stubbornly disagrees as he keeps his wallet out of Sehun’s reach.

And there go the two of them again….. Kris rolls his eyes, fixing his gaze on the window and instead lets his thoughts wander to a certain brown haired dancer.

 

I'm so so sorryyyyy. I know I promised an update last week but I was so busy omg ;A;; and I was really tired most of the time that I crashed before 12mn so I could'nt update. Anws, hope you guys like this update. Lots of hunhan + kris' overwhelming feelings for yixing \o/ The next update will contain alot of kray i promise! ^~^ and i'll probably update again tmr or wednesday, to make it up to you guys for last week ;;;; keep the comments coming in! I really love to hear from you guys! You can also talk to me on Twitter (this is my fandom acc which im actually having a hiatus on, but yeah i do check it for mentions! I usually tweet more on my p/a lol) Haha anws, thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing again! You guys are the bestttt <3 ^^