4.

Forgetful Minds

 

“Come on let’s go!!” Luhan grabs Kris and Yixing’s hands together in one hand and uses the other hand to tug Sehun to his side. The back of Kris and Yixing’s hands crash awkwardly together and Kris winces. At the same time, he cannot help but notice how pale and thin Yixing’s fingers are. Does he even eat?

“Hey! Watch it!” Yixing yelps as Luhan pulls them forward again, causing him to almost drop his ipod again.

“Luhan, do you mind?” Kris grits his teeth and looks pointedly at Luhan’s hand who is still holding Kris and Yixing’s hands. 

“Oh” he returns a devilish grin and releases their hands and for a moment, Kris feels off at the sudden lost of contact with Yixing’s hands. He sneaks a glance at Yixing who doesn’t seem to have noticed anything, but is instead humming softly to himself as he scrolls through his ipod.

 

“We are here!!” Luhan exclaims excitedly as a familiar café comes into view. It’s the café that Kris always goes to after lessons if he is seeking some peace and quiet from the stress of schoolwork and maybe his roommate.

There is a soft jingle of bells as the four of them enter the shop. Other than one or two customers, the shop is relatively empty as the four of them slide into a booth by the window.

“Ten dollars Xiumin will hit on Yixing”

“That is if Xiumin has yet to get a boyfriend”

“Oh please, you think that bun boy will ever get a boyfriend? He is too picky” Luhan enunciates the words outloud.

“Besides, he ever said that he is only interested in Korean guys. And Yixing is Chinese” Sehun points out.

“Well you never know. Ten bucks.” Luhan offers again.

“Fine, deal.”

As if on cue, a waiter with puffy cheeks appears to take their order.

“Oh, it’s you guys again. And I see you have brought a friend,” he says looking curiously at Yixing.

Yixing looks up from his ipod as Luhan nudges him.

“Hi,” Yixing nods his head and gives a small smile, his dimple showing.

“And where have you been hiding this cutie? Care to introduce him to me?” Xiumin asks, peering at Yixing with a grin.

“Hi, I’m Yixing” the dancer awkwardly stands up and shakes Xiumin’s hand.

“Ooh, you are really really cute. Want to go on a date??” Xiumin coos.

“Uh…. I…” Yixing is taken aback at Xiumin’s boldness and looks helplessly at Luhan.

“I’m sorry Xiumin. Even though he is single, but he is reserved” Luhan emphasizes the last word, pulling Yixing back down on his seat, as he looks triumphantly at Sehun.

“For who?” Xiumin and Sehun chorus together, and even Kris looks up, clearly surprised.

“What?? Ge!! I’m not!!” the pale boy shakes his head in disbelief.

“Well, I say you are, and you are!” Luhan shoots back.

“But-”

“No buts”

"Im your-"


"Not my teacher now" 

“Annoying brat” Yixing sulks and turns back to his ipod.

Kris cracks a small smile as he sees Yixing’s bottom lips turn downwards into a small pout. 

“And you, I want 2 bubble teas and two slices of chocolate cake.” Luhan says to Xiumin who scribbles the order down on the notepad in his hands.

“Yixing?”

“Just a coke” Yixing replies, not looking up.

“Just a coke???” Luhan cries indignantly and Kris finds himself opening his mouth to say the same thing but thankfully stops himself in time.

“Have you seen yourself?? You look like a walking talking dancing stick. And that is an offence to all the other sticks out there. Including the one beside me.” Luhan exclaims, throwing up his hands.

“Excuse ME?? It runs in the family. I do not choose to be a stick” Sehun retorts back.

Luhan ignores him and proceeds to order the biggest, slice of chocolate cake for Yixing despite Yixing’s weak protests.

“And you??” Xiumin turns to Kris.

“I want to sleep”

“Shut up you idiot, he wants a sprite. And you may go” Luhan decides for Kris and waves a dismissive hand at Xiumin.

As soon as Xiumin leaves, Luhan holds out his hand towards his boyfriend and Sehun unwillingly slaps a ten dollar note in his hand. “So not betting with you again” he mutters. “It’s okay, it just means that I will treat you to more bubble tea!” Luhan responds happily.

“With my money” Sehun adds sulkily.

Kris rolls his eyes and sighs at the exchange. It is hard to believe that one is almost 3 years older than the other. They are both equally childish themselves. Kris stifles his yawn as he glances at the time on his phone. 5pm.

To be honest, all that Kris wanted to do was to go back to the dormitory and sleep. Given that he had barely gotten enough sleep yesterday, coupled with the dance lesson he just had, Kris badly needed his sleep and wasn’t in the mood to socialize. But Luhan had insisted in his whiney voice, saying that he wanted to thank Kris for yesterday night and he also wanted to properly introduce Yixing to him. To which Kris had replied “You would let me go to sleep now if you were really grateful and you can always introduce Yixing to me tomorrow” But Luhan would hear none of it and thus, this is how Kris found himself in the café, his eyelids drooping, mind slowly shutting out the background noise.

“Hey uhm your sprite” a cold drink is pushed into his hand.

Kris’ eyes flies open and he sees Yixing staring at him with a look of concern on his face.

“Are you okay? You look really tired”, the pale boy continues as his fingers wrap around his own glass of coke before bringing it up to his lips and taking a small sip.

“It’s no thanks to that best friend of yours,” Kris scowls as he rests his head against the headboard of the booth.

“What did Luhan do this time?” Yixing asks and Luhan turns at the mention of his name.

“He was just – oh ” Kris curses midway as Luhan aims a kick at him, causing pain to shoot up his leg. Kris turns to glare at Luhan who is looking pointedly at him, his face clearly telling him “Tell Yixing what happened yesterday night, I’ll make your life really miserable”

“M I S E R A B L E” he mouths the last word clearly and Kris knows he isn’t joking.

Yixing looks at him weirdly as he looks away and sighs, “it’s alright. Nothing much.”

 

It’s 6pm and Kris is bored. Like really bored. Yixing doesn’t talk much and Luhan has his attention focused on Sehun most of the time such that Kris wonders if this is a best friends reunion or if this is a Sehun-and-Luhan date with two extra lightbulbs.

“So spill, why are you in Korea” Luhan finally turns to Yixing after Sehun has left for home.

“I already said, I got relocated” Yixing shrugs nonchalantly as he spins the straw around in his cup, causing the ice cubes in his now empty cup to spin in circles as well.

“Oh really” Luhan narrows his eyes. “So you went missing for one month because you got relocated”

“Well, yes and no” Yixing replies as he lazily picks his straw up and uses it to poke the ice cubes in the cup.

“Can. You. Please. Just. Answer. My. Question. Dammit.”

“No”

“What??!”

“I said NO”

Zhang Yixing” Luhan’s words are laced with a tinge of irritation and Yixing finally laughs, giggling at how “it has been so long since I did this to you. And oh boy, it is still so fun”

Kris chuckles as he watches Yixing get Luhan worked up. It is the first time Kris has seen someone successfully annoy Luhan. The stupid deer seemed permanently bouncy and happy and sharp tongued that even Kris got tired arguing with him. It was a wonder that this unassuming soft spoken boy could simply annoy Luhan with just a few sentences.

But then again, there are many firsts when it comes to Kris seeing Luhan and Yixing together. It is as if they know each other’s strengths and weaknesses inside out, knowing which are the correct buttons to press and when to press them. They are indeed a match made in heaven, each being what the other is not, complementing each other perfectly. Why are they not together then? Kris wonders. This mystifies him because Yixing and Luhan are clearly made for each other. But somehow Kris cannot push Sehun out of the picture as well. Luhan’s love for Sehun is somehow different from his love for Yixing. But how? Kris racks his brain to come up with an answer but there is none. He sighs as he feels a headache coming. Too much thinking again he tells himself as he closes his eyes again.

Yixing notices Kris’ discomfort and gently nudges Luhan with his foot.

“Ge, let’s go back to your dorm. Your roommate needs his sleep.”

This time, Luhan doesn’t object as he looks guiltily at Kris. After all, he is the reason why Kris couldn’t get enough sleep yesterday. He nods and the three of them stand up and start heading back to the dorm. 

 

Hello to all my dear readers and new subscribers~~!! I forgot to add my own comments at the end of the update yesterday oops! >< But anws, here it is!

Double update yesterday whoohoo! ^^ hope you guys like it! Jealous Kris wont happen yet, because he has only just met Yixing and his feelings for Yixing hasnt been developed yet and if you guys realise, he doesnt know that he is starting to like Yixing himself! oooo hehe. But i wont be able to update for the next few days because I will be busy with family dinners and studying for my tests and stuff. It's my last year in college already, so the tests are all coming in fast and furious even though this has only been the first week of school ;A; But i'll promise to update once my test is over!! Thankyou so much for all the comments! I love you all~ ^^ <333