12.

Forgetful Minds

 

“Stop glaring at Jongdae you ”

“He’s staring at Yixing’s !”

“So? Yixing has a really nice but it isn’t yours,” Luhan replies amusedly with a raised brow.

The fact that Kris is head over heels in love with the dancer and has yet to confess is driving Luhan crazy. He has to watch his roommate pine over his best friend just because he doesn’t dare to confess. And Yixing being Yixing, is completely clueless about Kris’ feelings, even though Luhan is sure that Yixing is slowly falling in love with Kris as well.

To be honest, watching the both of them is like watching a very draggy Chinese drama with a bad plot and no . And Luhan really cannot watch the two of them any further. Sighing, he averts his eyes and seeks comfort by buring his head into his boyfriend’s lap, snuggling closer for warmth.  Sehun gives a small smile as he pets the older’s head affectionately.

“Just tell him already you idiot,” Luhan yawns, prodding Kris with his toe. “The sooner you confess, the more you can go over-protective over that and no one is going to stop you”

There is a squeal as Kris smacks Luhan and returns to glaring at Jongdae, who is completely oblivious to the glares being sent his way, given that he is too busy staring at Yixing like a star-struck child.

“Yixing isn’t going to wait forever you know. One day he is going to fall in love and I will not always be there to stop him, so if you could just-”

“Shut up Luhan,” the older cuts in, clearly annoyed.

It’s true though. Kris knows that what Luhan is saying is true. Painfully true, in fact. And Kris isn't going to tell him that.  But Kris is too scared to take that step. What if Yixing doesn’t like him back, what if Yixing only sees him as a friend? He doesn’t want to risk spoiling the friendship that he has just formed with Yixing. They had gotten over the awkward stage and could now settle comfortably in each other’s presence, to the point where they able to tease each other about the littlest things, without getting offended. Kris just wasn't willing to risk his friendship with Yixing. 

A clap from the front of the room distracts him. It’s Yixing asking them to get into position. Kris slips quietly to the last row, hoping that Yixing doesn’t notice. He watches as Yixing’s eyes skim past everyone in the room, past him. Kris gives a sigh of relief. He is safe. For now.

“Right, so today we are going to do something different, and I need you to get into your pairs!” Yixing claps his hands excitedly. There is a murmur and shuffling of feet as the class moves to pair up. Soon everyone is paired up. Except, Kris.

“Oh, I forgot that the class is odd-numbered.... Hmm, it’s okay, Kris you can pair up with me!” the dancer says happily, gesturing at Kris to go up front to join him.

Kris looks in horror at the empty spot beside Yixing. No ing way is he going to go up there and make a fool out of himself. From somewhere beside him, he can hear Luhan chortling at his demise. He is determined to stay put but at the same time, being paired up with Yixing seems like a really good opportunity, too good to pass up.

“Yixing hyung, if Kris doesn’t want to pair up with you, he can switch with me,” a voice pipes up.

Jongdae.

, no way is he going to let Jongdae touch a hair of Yixing or even get within one centimetre of Yixing. That guy can dream on, because Yixing is his and his alone. 

“It’s okay, I’m fine,” Kris says loudly, making up his mind as he strides up to the front of the room, taking the place beside YIxing. He smirks as he sees Jongdae’s face fall visibly. Ha, one point to him and zero to Jongdae. Take that.  

--

It’s only been half an hour in the lesson but Kris is hot and sweaty, cheeks flushed. Possibly cause of the ridiculous genre of dance that Yixing had decided to do today and possibly because he has one arm around the former and one hand clasped in the other’s.  

Waltz. A ing waltz. Of all genres Yixing chose to do today, it had to be a waltz.

“One, two, three step; one, two, three spin, well done!” Yixing exclaims, detaching himself from Kris, turning to the class with a pleased smile on his face.

“And now here comes the fun part! Yifan, will you help me demonstrate to the class?” Yixing requests sweetly, a smile playing on his lips as he holds his hand out to Kris.

Kris gulps nervously. He can’t exactly say no, can he. Nodding, he takes Yixing’s hand, trying to ignore the searing heat when their palms meet.

“Just follow my lead,” Yixing says. “And don’t worry, just trust me okay?” he continues softly, looking at Kris in the eye, warmth and sincerity pouring out of those clear brown eyes. , just take my whole life away already.

He lets Yixing lead him as he follows his steps surprisingly easily. And then the next step takes him completely by surprise as Yixing pushes him down almost half way to the ground, leaving his weight on Yixing’s arm. Kris’ eyes widen as he realizes the position that the both of them are in and he wants to stand up immediately. But the position he is in makes it difficult to do so. So he choose to look up instead.

Big mistake.

He is met by the sight of Yixing’s smiling face, adorable dimple mere inches away. He gulps, as he struggles to keep his mind clear and to remove any thoughts of kissing Yixing, because he is just so close to losing it.

There is a small chuckle and then Yixing releases him and pulls him up with a “okay, now you guys try!” And then the dancer walks away to help the rest of the class. The erratic pounding from Kris’ heart doesn’t go away and Kris is sure that Yixing can hear it from the other side of the room.

Just then Luhan sidles up to him with Sehun, smug smile on his face. “Someone is whipped, completely whipped~~” he singsongs, and then he twirls away laughing out loud, before Kris can aim a kick at him.

God dammit Yixing.

 

That night, as he is going through Yixing’s English workbook, he finds two slips of papers wedged in between the pages, in familiar neat handwriting.

 

You might kill Jongdae with your looks one day.

- Yixing

Standing at the front of the class isn’t so bad after all right? ^^

Yixing

 

And then Kris burrows into his bed in embarassment because Yixing is too observant for his own good already. 

 

“Awww why are you so cute,” Tao coos as he pinches Xiumin’s cheeks.

“Not as adorable as my baby panda,” Xiumin replies with a laugh and Kris mentally gags at the sight before him. He isn’t sure what the devil possessed him to agree to tutoring Yixing at the café while Sehun, Luhan and the newly formed couple tagged along.

“Do you guys mind?” Kris finally looks up, unable to take in the incessant flirting from both couples. He glares at them and gestures in Yixing’s direction as the said boy is currently trying to complete the questions in his exercise book. But is having obvious difficulty in doing so, given the amount of noise made by the four of them.

The four immediately quieten down at the thunderous glare sent in their way, and instead choose to giggle softly at how Kris is so over protective about Yixing.

 

“He is in totally in love but-”

“-he is a coward,” Xiumin continues from where Tao left off.

“Yeah I hope Jongdae snatches Yixing away first,” Luhan quietly snickers.

“But Jongdae doesn’t like Yixing that way, he is more of… Yixing’s adoring fan” Tao whispers quietly.

“But Kris doesn’t know that,”

“And what Kris doesn’t know won’t kill him... or maybe it will” Luhan smirks

“I would die to see the look on his face then,” Tao laughs.

“That would be gold, pure gold”

“Someone prepare a camera, we need to film it down,”

“I CAN HEAR YOU GUYS” Kris hisses through his teeth as he turns to glare at the four, eyes wide with irritation.

“Distract Yixing, someone” Luhan whispers.

“On it!” Xiumin says as he suddenly drags Yixing from his seat, asking him to help him count the amount of money in the cash register, ignoring the protests from the younger as he pulls him along.

“Excuse me? I was in the middle of tutoring him, if you guys could just-”

“No you were not, you were staring at Yixing,” Luhan counters and Kris closes his mouth stupidly and looks away in embarrassment. Because he really was.

“So! When are you going to confess!” Luhan says, slamming his palms down on the table and looking straight as Kris.

“Ugh not this again? How many times-” Kris begins to say.

“How many times must we tell you, Yixing won’t wait for you forever!!” the three of them chorus together, much to Kris’ bewilderment. The three of them look at each other and before bursting out into peals of laughter at the incredulity of the situation.

“I don’t know......” Kris groans and slumps onto the table, burying his head into his arms.

“Aigoo, look at him,” Luhan tsks while shaking his head disapprovingly. “Can you believe this is the -faced giant I have to live with everyday?” Luhan gives a dramatic sigh and leans back against the seat.

“Sometimes, you’ve got to man up you know. For the love of your life,” Sehun says as he places a hand on Kris’ shoulder with a not- so sympathetic look on his face.

Kris wishes he could punch the sleepy-eyed boy. When he doesn’t speak, he doesn’t speak at all, not even a single word. But when he speaks, his words always hit the nail on the head. On Kris’ head, in fact.

“I think we need to call Jongdae here, he would be more than-”

At the mention of Jongdae, Kris sits up immediately and points a threatening finger at the three of them.

“Don’t you even dare,” he growls, glaring daggers at them.

“Woah woah, don’t need to get so defensive here, we were just-” Luhan attempts to find a word.

“Speeding up the process?” Sehun supplies helpfully and the three of them collapse into laughter once again.

“What process?” Yixing pipes up as he returns and eyes the four of them suspiciously, having successfully pulled himself away from Xiumin.

“Nothing!” the four of them chorus together, earning an even more suspicious look from Yixing.

“If you say so….” Yixing replies, eyes still narrowed as he slips into the seat beside Kris and picks up his pen to continue from where he had left off.

Sighing to himself, Kris massages his forehead with his knuckles, wondering how the hell he ended up with friends like these.

 

long update today cos i suddenly had the motivation to write haha! hope you guys like the new update! more taomin+kray action today heheheh ^^ thank you to everyone once again! you can always talk to me on Twitter and perhaps nag at me to update more often cos i may neglect this fic sometimes! but i'll try my best to update soon! love you all! <333