8.

Forgetful Minds

 

Over a dinner of Yixing’s fried rice again, Luhan happily chomps on the food, looking very much like a deprived little kid and this brings a smile to Yixing’s face.

“What” Luhan looks questioningly at Yixing in between mouthfuls of rice and Yixing only shakes his head in amusement

“That’s because I have been deprived of good cooking since I’m stuck with an idiot who cannot cook to save his life” Luhan narrows his eyes at the blonde sitting across him.

“Excuse me, so says the person who caused an egg to explode while boiling it” Kris deadpans as he continues scooping more rice.

“You what?!” Yixing almost chokes on his rice as he turns to his best friend with an incredulous look.

“Well that was because you told me to boil it without the water!” Luhan retorts indignantly looking up from his food to glare at the taller.

“Well you said you wanted the fastest way to boil an egg because you were hungry” Kris replies matter-of-factly.

And Yixing watches as the two of them bicker and he finally clears his throat interrupting the two as they turn to him, mildly annoyed.

“Conclusion, both of you cannot cook” he says and Luhan immediately nods and clutches at his arm exclaiming how “Xing xing is still the best!” and Yixing cracks a smile, patting Luhan’s head as he remembers how Luhan can be such a drama- queen.

The conversation soon steers towards Tao and Xiumin and gradually towards their own love lives.

“I think they would be really cute though! They just need some nudging and bam! They will be together” Luhan smiles as he thinks of ways to set Tao and Xiumin up.

“Ge, they have only met today. Don’t you think that it’s too fast?” Yixing gently nudges the older boy.

“Well, when love comes knocking, you don’t say no. In fact, you often need some egging if not the two of them will never get together. Look at how shy the boy of them are” Luhan replies and Yixing hums in agreement, though a little surprised that the bold waiter can have a shy side to himself.

“What about you Yifan?” Yixing suddenly asks, catching Kris unaware.

“Uh- I-” Kris stutters. How is he ever going to explain that nobody actually attracted his attention, until Yixing…..

“Oh him?” Luhan snorts. “He is a cynic who doesn’t believe in love. And to add on, he is really picky. Which explains why he is still single and-”

“Do you ever stop talking? Don’t listen to him Yixing. He is spouting crap.” Kris hastily cuts across Luhan, kicking him under the table in an attempt to shut the older one up and then turns the conversation to Yixing’s love life.

“Me?” Yixing asks an amused smile on his face. “I haven’t dated any one either, no thanks to this overprotective best friend of mine” he says rolling his eyes as he jabs his finger in the direction of the older one.

“That was for your own good!” the older one retorts. “All those who wanted to date you were clearly trying to take advantage of the innocent little you,” he continues. “There was Hyun Sik who only wanted to date you to make his ex- boyfriend jealous, then there was Kwangmin who was the resident playboy and only wanted to date you for fun. And then there was Jong Kyun who was a deprived bastard and you were one of his targets-”

“Ge!”  Yixing whines , slapping Luhan’s arm as the older continues rattling off names and reasons why he never let Yixing date, ticking off each name with a finger.

“And the last one was Xiumin who we can see is an absolute idiot. And close your mouth, it’s gross” Luhan finishes as he turns his head in Kris’ direction, only to see the blonde haired boy staring at him in disbelief, mouth wide open.

Kris closes his mouth as he lets the information sink in. This means that he will never get a chance, given that Yixing is used to the attention from other guys and also that he has an overprotective best friend who also happens to be his annoying roommate.  Great, just great.

“That’s a lot of people” he mumbles to no one in particular, as he takes a sip of water glumly. 

“Fifteen, to be exact” Luhan quips in rather unhelpfully, ignoring the loud sigh coming from the brunette beside him.

“That’s cause you are too pretty for your own good Xing,” he continues, as the younger scowls disapprovingly.

“I’m a guy. Guys are not supposed to be pretty,” Yixing frowns slightly, unconsciously pushing his bottom lip outwards into a pout.

“But you are pretty,” Kris thinks to himself as he studies the dancer before him.

“See! Even Yifan thinks that you are pretty! Look here Zhang Yixing, stop being deluded and-- wait a moment, did you just call Yixing pretty???” Luhan trails off, swinging his gaze suspiciously to Kris, nudging him with his elbow, as Kris’ words finally register in his mind.

“…did you just call Yixing pretty???” that’s all Kris hears, but it’s enough to make him snap out of his trance.

Oh oh oh shiiiiiit. No, I did not just-

Yes I did. His worst thoughts are confirmed as his roommate eyes him through narrowed eyes, and Yixing is looking everywhere but at Kris, his cheeks tinged with red. Damn my stupid mouth.

“N-No, I did not,” he attempts to deny, but the stutter in his voice gives him away.

“I knew it!” Luhan exclaims excitedly, his eyes widening as he switches his gaze to the dancer, who is still consciously not looking at Kris. “If Yifan thinks that you are pretty, it means that- MMPFF” Kris hastily clamps a hand over the Luhan’s mouth before he can say what Kris thinks he is going to say.

The older gives a muffled whine and kicks Kris under the table, causing him to release his hand with a yelp.

“And as I was saying,” Luhan turns to Kris, giving him a cheeky smile. But Kris will have none of that. Returning a kick to his roommate’s shins, he pushes his chair back and flees to the kitchen before Luhan can continue. Probably telling Yixing that I have a crush on him, he groans inwardly, burying his face in his hands as he leans against the kitchen counter, cheeks flushed, and heart beating wildly.

Now Yixing won’t ever talk to me again. He will probably think I’m a creepy weirdo oh god. And the thought of it makes him want to sink into the ground and disappear from this face of earth forever. 

 

Right, so im probably the worst person ever, for taking so long to update. And only giving such a short update ;A; i'm really sorry for making you guys wait. Just that school has been being a to me lately. And public holidays are coming up, which is also why teachers are taking the opportunity to pile more work on us. Evil witches, really. (Oops) And also, I have reading other krislay fanfics lately and I wonder how you guys put up with my horrible writing really. I probably can't match up to most krislay writers out there ;A; At one point of time I got really demoralised and thought of abandoning this story, or even deleting it :x but i didnt, and dont worry, i dont think i ever will, cause i cant disappoint you guys. I am really glad that there are people who still subscribe to my story and also, THANK YOU to those who always leave a comment or two after every update. I appreciate it really, and it makes me feel a whole lot better :') I promise to do better ;;;; and if it makes you guys any happier, i have a few krislay oneshot ideas in my head and probably gonna write them soon. (Priorities, yes priorities) Probably gonna subject you guys to more bad writing, sorry bout that ;;;;;;