Chapter 15

The Devil's Son

"I am here with news! You will die when you hear about this!" Said Hoya as he smiled so widely his lips could rip in half. He grabbed my hand and led me towards my bed.

As I sat down he started explaining everything with as much detail as he could remember "I talked with the peeps up there! They told me that your case is very special because Rain asked you to be involved with a person close to him, his son, and that is something that has never happened before. However, they did explain to me that this case might take a little long, like a month or two, before they can solve everything and set you free but that they will try hard to give you your freedom back"

I stopped for a while and started thinking about what Hoya just told me. In two months I'll be free.. In two months I wont be have to see Kris anymore. I won't have to be around him, smell him, hear is voice or even touch him. I started thinking about it more deeply but for some reason I don't feel any happiness. This should be the greatest day of my life..but why don't I feel anything?

I looked at Hoya who was staring at me with the smile still on his face waiting for me to give him a sign that I did listen to what he said and that I am extremely happy about it so I faked a smile and hugged him tightly " Thank you so much Hoya! You're the best!"

I broke the hug after a couple of seconds and smiled at him." I really appreciate it"

I feel like I am the worst human being in the entire universe. People are working so hard about giving me my freedom back and I don't feel content about it! I wish I could feel happy and wanting to jump all over my room but I just don't.

"You don't have to thank me Yuni. You're an amazing girl and I'm glad to help you. Well I have to go! I have some business to attend!" Said Hoya with a warm smile as he placed his hand on my shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. I smiled and waved goodbye as he flied out my window and up into the skies.

After saying goodbye to Hoya, I laid down on my bed and started thinking about all this a little bit more. I honestly don't understand why I'm feeling like this. Even though I want to get out of this contract because of how badly Kris treats me, a part of me wants to stay.

I just wished this would never have happened ..I just wish my brother never had gotten cancer so I wouldn't have made this mistake

As I was lost in my thoughts, my phone rang. I quickly grabbed and saw that it was a text from Eunji.

I quickly read it and it said

"There is a pary tonight at Rain's house! We need to go so get your booty over here so we can go to the mall and get ourselves something pretty!"

~.~

I walked around at the mall with Eunji as we looked for something fancy but yet y to wear to wear for a last minute party that Rain has decided to is throw tonight. Eunji says that his parties are the best in the entire world. People from all over come to to have fun and to meet new and important people.

I personally have no interest in going but since Eunji couldn't stop begging me to go I couldn't refuse. Once she sets her head into something, she will not give up until she gets it.

"I want to wear something that will make everyone's jaw fall to the floor!" she said as she looked through the endless racks of dresses in our favorite store. There were so many different types of dresses, from Miley Cyrus pre VMA's to Miley Cyrus After the VMA's.

I started looking for what I would wear on the rack opposite from the one she was looking at until I found a dress that I really liked. It was a long black dress with long sleeves. It was not decorated  with anything major but the eye catching part was that it exposed my entire back making it look classy but also y.

As Eunji kept on looking for dresses, I quickly went into the dressing room and tried it on. It is so beautiful and perfect . I hugged my curves making me look like a super model and it made my skin tone more vibrant and pretty. This is definitely the dress for me.

When I finished staring at myself in the mirror I walked out of the dressing room and quickly paid for the dress before Eunji got out the dressing room. I didn't want her to see it.

I want it to be a surprise.

~.~

Me and Eunji quickly walked towards her house with our dresses. We did not have a long time so we really had to hurry up. When we got there we quickly showered, put on our make up on and then our hair. I decided to curl my hair and pin it to the side which made the entire look even better.

When Eunji finally  saw me, She was speechless. She ran towards me and placed her hands on my shoulders "you look hot!! Kris is going to die!"

I rolled my eyes but couldn't hold in my smile. I really hope Kris likes it. ...Wait..what the hell is happening to me!? Yuni get your together!

Kris is the enemy!

~.~

When we arrived at the party, all the eyes were on us. The women's eyes stared at us  with jealousy while the guys's stares screamed desire. I know I sound extremely bad but this was the kind of attention I was looking for...I wanted for people to look at me as a y woman for once, not a like an adorable young woman as my mom calls me sometimes.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to get something to drink" said Eunji as she walked away.

I stood there for a while trying to stop myself from blushing at all the compliments people were giving me on my dress until someone caught my eyes. I turned to face that person to get a better view and my jaw hit the floor. Kris was walking towards me slowly. He looked so different! His long, blonde hair is gone. Now his hair is completely black and short. His body also looked stronger and taller for some reason.He looked so  wonderful and charismatic.

"Close your mouth, flies might go in" He said staring down at me with a smirk on his lips.

As soon as he said that I broke away from my shock and rolled my eyes at him "Please honey, don't be so full of yourself"

"Don't lie to yourself Yuni. You couldn't stop staring at me" He said with a chuckle.

I looked up at him but for some reason I couldn't help but smile. There was a vibe around him that was so different. He looked more happy and more confident about himself. Something that I haven't seen in him before. I'm not going to lie about this part though, I do like it. He looks different, more mature and handsome.

YUNI!

Stop it right there girl! no no no what am I thinking about?! How dare i think nicely of him!? He treats me like crap and I have the nerve of thinking nicely of him!? Jesus Christ I need a drink.

Without saying anything to Kris, I walked towards the bar. I asked for something strong but not as strong as to make me faint or throw up in three seconds. The bartender gave me my drink and without a second thought, I drank all of it in a second.

I kept on drinking a little more but I finally came to my senses and determined that this is a bad idea. Eunji will probably be wasted by the end of the night and I'm the one that is supposed to take her some safely so I just decided to leave the bar.

As I left the bar and started walking around I saw Ray sitting down at one of the tables. I smiled, happy to see him, and walked towards him. As I was about to reach his table, a young woman ran towards him and kissed him deeply on his lips. I stopped walking and just stood there, watching them look at each other with so much love. After a little while t he young woman started down at him with a warm smile and said "Happy two year anniversary baby".

As soon as she said that my eyes started getting watery so I ran outside as fast as I could. I can not let anybody, specially Kris see me like this. 

I'm not crying because I'm heart broken. I'm crying because I feel used and like trash! I feel as if my trust has been broken and tore down to pieces. I can't explain how awful I feel about all of this. That poor girl! Ray is such a sick human being!

As I cried, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I looked up to find Kris staring down at me. I wiped my tears and said "Go ahead. Make fun of me for being such a lame person and just crying in the middle of your backyard!"

I waited for Kris to say something but he just sat down next to me "I'm not going to" he said with a chuckle.

I looked at him confused "what do you mean?"

"I'm not a bad person Yuni..You just don't know me well enough" He explained picking up some grass and playing with it. "I've gone through a lot of in my life.That is why I treat everyone tries to get close to me like an ."

"What happened?" I asked facing him

"I can't tell you. But I can tell you that Ray is an that doesn't deserve you or your tears. You can do so much better than him Yuni..You're a great girl and you shouldn't be crying because of him" He as as he got up and left.

I sat there for a while thinking about those words Kris just said to me. This is a side of him that I've never seen before. A part of him that made me realize something I was trying to cover up for the last couple of days

I have feelings for Kris.