Chapter 11

The Devil's Son

Yuni's POV

I woke up to the sound of Eunji throwing her guts up on the bathroom. This is what I didn't want to go through today. I get up from my bed and walk towards the bathroom. I knock on the door waiting for Eunji to respond but she doesn't. I knock again and she finally answers ''I will never have another alcoholic beverage in my life''

That's what she said last time.. and look where she is now.

''Eunji take a shower and I will bring you some pills to make you feel better'' I said and walked downstairs. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Minwoo playing with his toys ''Minwoo. How are you feeling?''

Minwoo smiled and put his toys down ''I am feeling really well. Mom will take me to a check up today to see how I got better'''

Do you know how much joy this brings me? I smiled at him and walked towards the itchen where I see my dad eating breakfast in his suit. I guess he has to work early today.

''Good morning dad'' I said before I kiss his cheek. ''Good morning . What are you doing today?'' asked my dad grabbing the news paper from the counter and reading the front page.

''I don't know yet. I might hang out with Eunji today'' I said pouring myself some orange juice for breakfast. I don't feel like eating anything heavy for breakfast today.

I grab the pills from the drawer and some water and bring them upstairs. When I enter my room I almost scream in fright as I see Kris laying down on my bed. Why does he always show up when I never expect it?

''What do you want?'' I ask putting the pills and water down.

''I know what you saw  yesterday'' he said looking up at the ceiling.

I sighed loudly and sat down on the chair next to my bed. ''So?''

Kris sits up and sighs. He turns towards me and stares at me for what felt like an eternity ''If what you say ever leaves your mouth. I swear that I will kill you'' he said as his eyes get bright red. My eyes widened and I get up from the bed and start to knock on the bathroom door hoping that Eunji will come to my rescue but I know she wont. I'm sure she is sleeping next to the toilet right now.

When I run for the door, Kris slams me to the wall and lowers his face towards mine. I could feel  his warm breath on my face and our nose touching. ''Don't you dare to harm me again Kris'' I said looking at him with hatred.

Kris chuckles and his grip on my shoulder gets tighter ''I'm not scared of you''

''I'm not either. Not anymore'' I said and kicked him as hard as I could on his manhood. Kris groans and kneels down in front of me ''the next time you touch me, Ill make sure that you will never have children''

Kris looked at me with his eyes full or anger before he disappeared into thin air. I sighed loudly and let myself fall to the floor. Where did this courage come from?

~.~

I looked at my watch and it was exactly 8 pm. I sat down on my living room and waited Ray to show up. Honestly I am a little nervous. I haven't been on a date for so long that I even forgot how to act or dress for one. I decided to wear a simple pink dress with brown heels. I think it looks very glamorous but simple.  When the doorbell rang I quickly stood up and opened the door. When I saw Ray my chin almost dropped. He looked amazingly handsome. Ray smiled ''you look beautiful'' he complimented me.

I blushed ''thank you. You don't look so bad yourself''

Ray chuckled and held his hand out for me to take it ''shall we go?'' he asked politely.

I nodded and gladly accepted his hand. He took me to his car. He opened the passenger door for me like the gentlemen he is and in no time were on our way.

We spent about 20 minutes on the road before we were heading out of town. There were only trees and us on this part of the city. I was going to ask where we were going but everything started to get out of control. The trees were shaking  and the wind was powerful. After about a minute the ground opened and Ray got into it. When we were inside I finally realized that the date was on Hell and not up there. Ray looked at me and smiled ''I don't know any good places to eat on earth so I just made a reservation to a restaurant down here''

I nodded and kept my eyes on the road.

~..~

After about 10 minutes, Ray stopped at a small but pretty restaurant. We both got out of his car and I found that everything was so...quiet and alone.

''Why is is to empty?'' I ask as soon as we enter the restaurant. I look around and its decorated with dark red and black colors. There was a single table in the center of the restaurant and about 3 waitress on standing on the back of the restaurant.

''I reserved the complete restaurant just for us'' he said grabbing my hand and taking me to the table.

I can't help but smile as widely as my lips allow me. When we arrived he pulled my seat out like the gentlemen he is. When he sat down we looked at me with such bright in his eyes that I could see my reflection in them.

''So how was your day?'' he asked leaning towards me.

''Well I spent the whole day taking care of Eunji. She was throwing up everywhere'' I said rolling my eyes.

Ray chuckles and leans back ''I've been there. Taking care of her is not an easy task'' he said.

I laughed and leaned forward ''Ray. Can I tell you something?'' 

I decided to tell Ray about what I saw last night. Maybe he knew something that I didn't know. ''What is it?'' he asked sounding interested

''Well yesterday I saw Kris and Angelina..kissing'' I whispered.

When I told him what I said Ray's eyes widened and his jaw almost hit the ground ''really?''

I nodded and leaned towards him more ''are you sure you do not know anything that's happening between them?''

Ray leans closer to me ''well there is something that you don't know. In hell, the family of the royals are destined to be with someone for their rest of their life. It doesn't matter is he or she is human, a demon or an angel.''

Ray continues  ''Angelina and Kris' relationship is completely forbidden by the high council of hell because they are not soul mates. When they find their soul mates  a mark shows up on their arm and Angelina and Kris don't have it.  The mark Is a golden dragon. The only way to know if you found your soul mate is to have physical contact, either by kissing or having intimate relations and I already know that Kris and Angelina have done both. I think that's why he always freaks out when poeple talk about them. He might be afraid that the council might find out and take Angelina away from him''

I leaned towards my chair and allowed all the information to sink in. So that's why he doesn't want people to talk about him Angelina.

If Angelina is not his soul mate..

then who is?