chapter 21

The Devil's Son

Yuni's POV

 

These past couple of weeks have been the strangest weeks of my life. Not because something bad happened, but because Kris has been behaving differently. He has been being nicer and sweeter to me. He buys me gifts, takes me to places and sometimes comes over without even telling me. He might not tell me anything, but I know that something is going on.

I tried asking Eun Ji but all she always says that she doesn't know anything, which I don't believe. When she lies, she has the tendency of blinking a lot. I told her that I know she's lying but she still says that she's not. I've been trying to contact Angelina these past couple of weeks. I tried grabbing Kris' phone while he's sleeping but his phone is locked. I've also tried walking around the underworld but I still haven't seen her.

I need to find someone that will tell me the truth, because I need to find out what the hell is going on with Kris before I lose my mind.

"What are you doing here?" I hear a very familiar voice ask.

I turn around and give Kris a wide but fake smile. He jogs towards me and gives me a tight and warm hug "I was going to go over your house today"' He said, hugging me tighter.

"Well, I decided to come and visit you today" I lied.

Honestly, I came to Rain's palace to try to talk to the devil himself. He must know what's going on with Kris because it's his son after all.

"How sweet of you!" He said before giving me a light kiss on my lips.

I pull back and hit him behind his head "I told you I don't like it when you do that" I said before hitting him one more time.

He picked up the habit of kissing me whenever he wants. The first time he did it, I slapped him more than twenty times but at the end of the day he ended up kissing me again. I'm not going to lie, I like it but I'm not going to let him know that.

"Whatever" He said, putting his arm around my waist and dragging me towards the outside of the palace.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

He looks down at me and pinches my cheek "It's lunch time! We're going to eat lunch" He said, smiling widely.

Before I could say anything, he drags me towards the garage and pushes me into his BMW. If I wasn't hungry right now, I would have ran out of that car. I hate driving with Kris. Since he is the King's son, he doesn't have to follow any rules. I find it unfair and annoying because every time he breaks the law and a cop pulls him over, he takes out the Im-the-king's-son card.

~.~

"I just want burger and fries" I told the waiter, who gave me a strange look but quickly shrugged it off. 

"You're really going to order Fries and a burger? You're eating in the most expensive and exclusive restaurant of the underworld, and you just order something we can get at burger king  for less than 20 dollars?" Asked Kris, crossing his arms over his chest.

I chuckle "Well, you should have taken me to burger king then" I said before taking a sip of my soda.

The restaurant looks like it's made of gold. Everything, except the walls, tables and the large mirror on the side of the wall, is golden. It looks so over done and exagerated that it's almost unbearable to be here.

As I scanned the restaurant a little more, my eyes fall upon a beautiful petite girl. Angelina. She was laughing with a man, who looked older than her, while caressing his cheek.

I look at Kris, who is playing on his phone. "I have to use the bathroom" I lied, for the second time today.

He nodded and without a second thought, I walked up towards her.

When she noticed me she smiled "Hey! How are you?" She asked.

I smiled back and asked her if we could talk alone for a moment. She smiled at me and excused herself before walking with me towards the bathroom

"What's up?" She asked as soon as we walked in.

"Kris has been acting extremely weird. He's been treating me nice and he's being sweet and stuff. He even confessed he liked me! I thought he likes you!" I said as quickly and clear as I could. I'm desperate to know what's going on with Kris because a person doesn't change in a day.

Angelina Chuckled "They haven't told you haven't they?

I shook my head furiously "No, please tell me what the hell is going on?"

Angelina walked towards me and placed her hands on my shoulder "In the underworld, everybody has a soul mate. I have a soul mate, Rain has a soul mate and Kris does as well" she said, now placing a strand of my hair behind my ear "and you happen to be Kri's soul mate"

And that's the last thing I head before I fell into complete darkness.