I'm Your Hero During the Night

I'm Cool

Chapter 3: I'm Your Hero During the Night

“Hey Yoochun!” Yunho called out to his buddy. “I heard screaming in the cafeteria. Did you give everyone the taste of you own voice again?” He asked as he hung his arms around Yoochun’s shoulders.

Yoochun nodded as he continued to walk.

“How come?”

“Bastard Siwon.” He explained with a frown.

Yunho had been close friends with Yoochun for such a long time that he was able to understand everything Yoochun said even though most of his answers were only one word replies.

“Was he picking a fight again?” he continued to ask. “With who?”

“Yeah, with Xiah Junsu.”

Yunho laughed. Xiah Junsu—the official geekazoid of the school. Out of all the people, why did Park Yoochun chose to save him? This left his mind questioning. “That’s the new kid who tripped during first block, right? You okay?”

“Is it cool if you just kill me yourself? You're rich right?” It was a calm but shocking proposal.

An awkward laugh came from Yunho. He stopped walking but Yoochun still kept on going. It wasn’t like Yoochun to talk like that. Was he trying to tell a joke? Puzzled, Yunho continued to watch as his friend’s back went farther and farther away from his sight. ‘What the hell?’

“Yoochun! Wait up!” Yunho wanted to ask him more questions but he was stopped not by his own self but by an invisible force or what he wished was an invisible force.

“Oppa!” A girl screamed.

Yunho could recognize her voice from a crowd. It was Seulgi, his current girl friend.

“Hey Seulgi! How’s your day so far?” He turned her way pretending to be interested.

“Good!” She smiled. “You didn’t forget about our date today right?”

“Date?” Yunho forgot. “What date?”

“Don’t tell me you forgot!” She pouted. “You’re taking me out to go to the park after school!”

“But…I have to… ehhm…Yoochun,” Yunho couldn’t argue with her.

“Oppa! I told you that we’re going to the park 3 days ago and you totally said you would take me!”

Seulgi’s voice dragged many people’s attention towards them that in no time, everyone was staring at the couple.

“I guess we’ll go then!” he smiled at her. Jung Yunho was the man who never backed down from his words. And so, with everyone looking at them he was pressured to accept Seulgi’s date with him.
It’s not like he was planning on following Yoochun today just to see if he’s alright. Nope. He didn’t think about doing that at all.

“Oh thank you oppa! We’ll have tons of fun today!” She gave him a quick kiss on the lips.

“I hope so!” Yunho faked a happy reply.

Dates with her were always boring. He never looked forward to them. Why? Maybe it’s because they weren’t meant to be together. There were no butterflies in his stomach every time they met. When he was around her, his heart never skipped a beat. Do you really need love to feel that way?

*************************************

The end of the day came. And remembering Junsu’s orders, Jaejoong rode his slick black Ferrari F340 along the school grounds hoping to see Park Yoochun around.

To his surprise, he did. And now his stalking began. He watched every move Yoochun made as he walked slowly like he had all the time in the world. It was getting really boring.

“Where the hell are you going Park Yoochun?” Jaejoong whispered to himself as he drove discreetly. He put on a hat and sunglasses just to make sure that no one recognized him.

An hour has passed now and Yoochun just walked and walked.

Doesn’t this guy get tired of walking?

His question was answered when Yoochun started to head towards the bench taking a seat. Apparently, he was going to take a short nap there judging by the way he just closed his eyes. It was going to be a long day and so, Jaejoong set his car in park mode across the street from where Yoochun stopped, slumping his seat back so that he could rest as well.

**********************************

It was bothering him. Instead of focusing on the date with Seulgi, he was thinking about Yoochun. Something happened in the cafeteria. He just knew it. All day today he got the chills that something bad was going to happen. It was lingering in his mind. He was too lost in his own thoughts that it drowned out Seulgi’s voice.

“So, should we go there oppa?” She asked him.

What was she talking about?

“Hey Seulgi,” Yunho called her name with a serious tone, “I think we have to stop for today. I have a … meeting right now.”

That was a good excuse.

“But—“ She was about to complain with her screeching voice again.

“I’ll make it up to you,” Yunho added to stop her. “I’ll take you out for dinner.”

Her eyes brightened. “Really?! When will that be?”

“Anytime you want, but it can’t be today.”

“Then I guess I’ll forgive you this time oppa,” She pouted.

“Thanks Seulgi, you’re the best!” Yunho left her side in a quick second. He began to run to whatever direction his instinct told him to go. Now that Seulgi was out of the way, there was only one problem left. Where was Yoochun?

********************************************

10 minutes.

20 minutes.

Now thirty minutes had passed. He wanted to leave. Nothing was happening. And so, he switched to drive mode to stop his stalking business. But before he stepped on his gas, two black cars zoomed a corner and took a mighty stop right in front of his car. Now that was dangerous. He was about to yell at the driver but stopped at the sight he saw unraveling.

It was Choi Siwon coming out from the car with two of his men right behind him. Obviously, Yoochun never sensed the danger he was in. He was still peacefully sleeping on the bench.

Bingo.

“I see you,” Jaejoong playfully said. ‘Now what shall I do now? Junsu you owe me for this.’

He got off his car and decided to run towards Yoochun. His great speed startled Siwon and his men. When he got there, he grabbed both Yoochun’s arms and shook him rashly so that he’d wake up.

Yoochun finally opened his eyes still about half asleep. He looked surprised. Ignoring everything around them, Jaejoong quickly gave him an instruction.

“Run. Now.” he said to the half awakened man.

But before everything registered in Yoochun’s brain, a click of a gun barrel erupted from behind Jaejoong. He felt cold metal brushing against his skin.

Too late.

“Yoochun in the count of three, do what I told you before okay?” Jaejoong stared at those ice blue eyes with great worry.

Yoochun just stared back at him wide eyed like he didn’t know what was happening.

“My legs,” he meekly said. “They're asleep.”

“No choice.” He mouthed at him. Then he started counting. “One.”

“What do you think you’re doing holding our target like that?” A man said from behind Jaejoong.

“Two.” The sound grew to a mere whisper.

“If you don’t let go of him, you’ll die. Let go of him now.” The man warned him again.

“Three!” His whisper turned into a shout. It awakened Yoochun’s senses but his legs didn’t move. They didn’t budge at all.

Bang!

A gun was fired. With Jaejoong’s great anticipation and timing, he quickly turned around and slapped the gun aimed at him right before it was shot. It hit no one.

“Yoochun! Move it!” Jaejoong yelled out. In mere seconds, more men came out of the cars. He never expected the numbers to grow. Assisting Yoochun was quite impossible now. Punches and kicks were thrown at him from all over the place. “ Yoochun. Move damn it!”

Yoochun could only watch as Jaejoong fought back, blocking the punches that were coming at him left and right.

Seeing that his men could handle the dirty work for him, Siwon walked towards Yoochun, closing the distance between them.

“Yoochun-ah, let me show you the feeling worse than death,” Siwon slyly whispered to his ears.

Alarms were going off in Yoochun’s brain. And at last, he felt his feet for the first time since he woke up. He got up quickly and unexpectedly threw a punch right at Siwon’s face catching him off guard.

“You stupid !” Siwon yelled out as he held his face burning and stinging with pain and heat. He ran after Yoochun. With his long legs, he obviously ran faster than the smaller man. But even though it was hopeless Yoochun just ran and ran. “I got you now.” Siwon caught one of Yoochun’s wrists stopping him from his tracks.

“You can’t run away from me,” Siwon told him. He pulled on Yoochun’s arm and spun him towards his body. Yoochun struggled to get away. “You’re so weak. You can’t even back up anything that you’ve said to me.”

“What are you going to do to me?” Yoochun asked, fear finally showing in his eyes.

"Things you've never done before." With this, Siwon covered Yoochun’s mouth and his nose with a drugged handkerchief.

Yoochun’s vision went dark. The last image he saw was a picture of a man in sunglasses and a hat getting beat up harshly. It was his fault. He didn’t run away like he was told to. Everything would and will always be his fault in the end.

“ it!” Jaejoong could only watch as Siwon dragged Yoochun’s limped body off the ground. He placed Yoochun inside his car and drove off. “!” Jaejoong could only yell out loud.

Distracted, Jaejoong took a blow at the side of his ribs. Then after that, a blow at the back of his knee causing him to fall forward. Punches and kicks were thrown at him. He could endure it for the time being but not too long. Blood was dripping everywhere now. He felt it. He saw it. As much as he hated to admit it, he needed help. So then he closed his eyes hoping that when he opens them, they would go away.

To his surprise, there were no more punches coming at him. He opened his eyes out of curiousity. It was opened just in time to see people falling one by one.

What the hell just happened?

Jung Yunho happened that's what. Without any hesitation, Yunho grabbed Jaejoong's side which caused the man to wince in great pain.

“Hey you! Are you alright?” Jung Yunho checked him out all over the place, scanning his body for injuries.

Jaejoong pushed Yunho back. He quickly stood up but fell right back down because of the jolting pain coming from his ribs. They were most likely broken.

“Here let me help you,” Yunho offered him a hand. “Who are you? And where did they take Yoochun?”

It hurt to talk. Jaejoong didn’t want to talk. And so to answer Yunho’s question, he took of his sunglasses and hat and stared at him.

“Jaejoong? You’re that transfer student from France!” Yunho yelled out. “Why are you here? Where did Siwon take Yoochun?!”

There was too much questions asked. With so little time left Jaejoong didn’t have any more seconds to spare.

With all the strength he could muster, Jaejoong spoke. “Phone!" He breathed out. "Give me you ing phone.”

“Why?”

“Now!” He said with a raspy yet commanding voice.

Yunho took out his phone and handed it to the bruised up Kim Jaejoong.

With his blood stained hands, Jaejoong quickly dialed Junsu’s number.

*******************************************************

 

Junsu walked through the glass doors of his company wearing professionally styled shoes, and a suit that just yelled ‘I cost 1 million dollars!’. He was greeted by his assistant.

“H-h-hello Mr. Kim. Y-yo-your father is w-waiting for you in-in his of-f-ffice,” his assistant stuttered.

Why does this assistant keep on stuttering?

“Thanks.”

Junsu knocked on the door.

“Come in!” his father answered.

Junsu opened the door surprised to see his father standing at the window side over looking the whole city.

“You're late," the grey haired man spoke with a strong challenging tone. "Where did you come from? I was wondering when you’d finally come. I need you go in my place for today at Mr. Choi's event. No excuses."

“Sure, anything you want, sir.”

“Here you go.” Mr. Kim handed him an invitation. It was from Mr. Choi. “You need to show it in the entrance so you can go in. Only selected people have been invited. The richest of the rich.”

“But what for?” Junsu asked him. "What is it for?" He asked again in a more serious tone.

“It’s Mr. Choi’s once in a month auctioning of his most precious es."

“Today?!” His mind panicked.

The man turned around to face him and scanned his face for the sudden out burst of expression. "Hold your tongue. Cancel your plans if you have any for the night. It's a big event this evening and I don't want to be defaced."

While his father talked some more, Junsu was in his own little world because he remembered something. Everything clicked in on him when the word auction and es were used. Choi Siwon would be involved in this.

So that’s what that bastard meant when he threatened Park Yoochun. .

Flashback:

“Yoochun, starting from today, you are in my death list. I’ll show you to your doom today. It would be so bad you wouldn’t want to live anymore.” Siwon threatened him.

/End of Flashback

How could he have missed this? Siwon, you bastard. If he only knew that damn event was today.

Flashback:

“There are many things worse than death,” Siwon smirked evilly and patted Yoochun’s soft auburn hair. He brushed Yoochun’s shoulders as he walked out of the cafeteria.

/End of flashback

Damn it! So that’s what it was! He planned to take Yoochun as one of his es hoping to sell him off for a great price. That’s the only reason. That could be the only plot possible.

But he’s Kim Junsu right now. He’s not going to let this happen. Not when he’s around.

“So you’d go?” His father finally ended his speech with that question. But before Junsu could answer, his phone went off with a loud boring telephone ring. The man nodded at him as a sign to take the call.

“Hello, Kim Junsu speaking,” he answered.

“Su…it’s Jae,” Jaejoong spoke hoarsely from the other end of the line. He could tell Jaejoong was hurt.

“Who is that Jaejoong?” Junsu heard a voice from the background. Assuming that someone was with the hurt Jaejoong, Junsu felt relieved.

“Su, they took Yoochun away,” Jaejoong coughed. “I don’t know where they went. Siwon drove off… with Yoochun unconscious.”

“Alright, I'll get to that as soon as possible,” Junsu assured him at the most non-obvious way to lie to this father of his. The words keep safe, or don't worry could not be said. They're not words of proper conduct.

“Thanks. Don't worry about me.”

Junsu hung up.

Facing his father with determined eyes, he replied to his question, “I’ll go.”

“Good.”

“Business should always come first,” Junsu replied.

“I raised you well son,” his father smiled at him.

“So when does it start?” Junsu asked.

“Go now and you’ll be about 15 minutes early.”

“Then I’ll take my leave. All the best in your trip.”

With that, Junsu closed the door and headed towards his car.

“Yoochun, I got you into this mess so I’m getting you out as well,” he whispered to himself. “I’ll be you hero during the night.”

Stepping on the gas really hard, Junsu zoomed into the streets.