Officially a Geek

I'm Cool

Chapter 2: Officially a Geek

“Hey Junsu!” Jaejoong called out to the lonely boy walking along the hallway. “Care to eat lunch with me?”

“It depends, are you one of the cool kids?” Junsu asked him.

“No? At least not that I know of, I just transferred here 3 weeks ago," Jaejoong replied as he raised his brow. "I'm also not the type to flaunt money around. Now that's just stupid.”

“Good!” Junsu smiled.

Jaejoong just stared at him. He was really curious. “How thick are those lenses of yours? I can’t even see your eyes. Can you see in those?”

“Jaejoong, it’s called style. And yes, I can see in these. I got them made especially for me. They’re nice because I look like a wearing them.”

Jaejoong could just laugh in disbelief. His jaw just dropped about two miles down. “Well, at least it’s good that you’re able to smile a bit more than usual... even half of the time it just seems so unnatural. If you were Kim Junsu you wouldn’t be able to make fun of Siwon like that in class. That was truly great. That guy's a jerk.”

Junsu’s face frowned. “Don’t even talk about that. That guy pisses me off. He’s going to get it one day. His last name is Choi, right?”

Jaejoong nodded.

“Mr. Choi’s son,” Junsu whispered out loud. “His father is one of my dad’s pawns— a manipulated tool used to expand our business faster. I saw him during one of our meetings tailing his greedy father around.”

“His father? Which company do they own?” Jaejoong asked him. He’d know because he also works under Junsu’s company.

In a serious tone, Junsu answered, “It’s not really a company. But his father holds and controls everything in the underground world. They’re most famous for their once in a month auctioning of es in this billion dollar ion house they've disguised as a normal business. I’ve been there once and I despised it. It’s where business men gather for fun. I can’t believe that auction attracts so many eyes. Disgusting.”

“So that’s Mr. Choi… he’s been causing lots of trouble lately. Lots of people have gone missing these days. It’s pretty obvious he’s behind it all but there's been no evidence to prove him guilty.”

"The guilty will receive their punishment. That's just how justice works."

Reaching their desired spot, they each took a seat at the corner of the spacious room and started to eat as they tried to catch up with each other’s life.

“So how’s your work as a business man doing?”

Junsu continued to chow down on his food but in mere seconds, he gulped most of it down. He started to talk. "Oh God, it's great eating without anyone judging you."

Jaejoong laughed, "So? Going to answer my question."

“You know perfectly well how it is. I got natural scary features. I can't smile or else that crazy father of mine will just stare me down. And you know if I don't smile, it feels like I'm going to kill you or something..." he rolled his eyes and continued. "Speaking of which, I can’t even talk to my assistant properly because she keeps on stuttering and I can’t understand a single word she says.”

“Must be hard on you.” Jaejoong continued to listen. “Maybe you shouldn’t put the serious face on when you talk to her.”

"You're joking right?" Junsu just threw away that suggestion and didn't even consider it.

"Yes, it's a horrible one."

“I haven't told anyone this but since I'm not at home I can say this to you," he gave a quick chuckle. "I hate finance, I’m not into money that much, I hate organizing and coming to meetings, I hate everything I did up till now.”

“But you don't really have a choice do you now?”

“Terrible,” Junsu said disappointedly. “I think I’ll be—“

He was cut off.

“Look who’s here!” Choi Siwon interrupted Junsu. “This geek made a new friend!” He rested his arm on the table and flicked Junsu’s forehead. Then he looked at Jaejoong. “Man, Jaejoong. I thought you were at least normal. You shouldn’t hang out with this guy.”

Junsu smiled. His goal was finished so fast. “I am now officially a geek,” he told himself.

“It sickens me.” Siwon grabbed the collar of his shirt making Junsu stand up from his seat. “Why are you smiling?”

Jaejoong butted in out of nowhere. “The reason would be too much for your teeny brain to understand. Now let’s just enjoy lunch peacefully shall we? You don’t know who you’re messing with.”

“I think you’re the one who doesn’t know who he’s messing with. Why should I listen to you? I’m rich, you’re poor. End of story. Rich people always dominate! I know who I’m messing with.” But he obviously didn’t know that he was messing with the two Kim’s who practically owned most of the business in Asia.

“Well then—“ Jaejoong was about to punch the guy but he saw Junsu’s index finger swaying left to right. Junsu made sure that it was visible to Jaejoong, but to Jaejoong only. It was a sign that Jaejoong should not issue a fight here. Because of this, Jaejoong changed his tactic. “Since you’re rich and we’re basically “poor”, then why not just let us go? We’re obviously worthless people.”

“You are worthless and you are poor,” Siwon continued. “But I’m annoyed with this guy. I want to break his bones, ruin his face… What does it take to piss you off? Maybe if I break you glasses in half. Your little comment in class got you in my bad side. No one makes fun of me.”

“No, please don’t.” Junsu answered. He waved his hands signaling to stop.

Jaejoong wanted to beat the crap out of the guy but he couldn’t. He came from the richest family in Asia who hates losing— and he’s not a so he can seriously kick this guy’s . But just because of Junsu’s discreet order he held himself back. It was from Junsu. He had to follow. As much as he was his friend first, Junsu was also his boss—his future boss because he is the heir to the company once his father steps down.

Junsu could only close his eyes as Siwon raised his hand to grab his glasses from his face—his disguise. But just before Siwon’s hands got to him, it was stopped. By whom? By Park Yoochun of course.

“You shouldn’t pick on him like this,” he stared at Siwon with his blank but cold eyes.

All the girls squealed when Yoochun stopped Siwon’s arm. It was a heroic act. But all went hectic when Yoochun spoke. Girls screamed and guys drooled. He barely spoke and when he did, everyone felt like they were in heaven.

‘What the hell? This guy is a man magnet too.’ Junsu laughed on the inside ignoring the present situation.

If his disguise wasn’t at risk then he would’ve said something but the truth is, he is about to get busted. Choi Siwon and him were always in meetings together with their father so they know of each other's names and are able to recognize each other's faces.

“What’s it to you Park Yoochun?” Siwon hissed at him. He used his index finger to push Junsu’s fore head back causing it to bump harshly to the wall. “What is it to you if I punched this guy until he’s unconscious? If I slap him till his face bleeds?” He gave tiny but hurtful slaps to Junsu’s face to tick off Yoochun.

“You know,” Yoochun said in a particular manner. “Just because you‘re rich and no teachers can ever stand up against you doesn’t mean that you rule this school. I have respect for smart and rich people but I don’t think I can with you. You only have money.”

Yoochun indirectly embarrassed Siwon. Everyone held back their laughter since it was true. Siwon was dumb and he didn’t like to talk about it.

His attention was now focused fully on Yoochun. He let go of Junsu’s collar and faced him directly. Yoochun just stood there with a calm blank expression as Siwon walked closer, closing the gap between their faces. “Yoochun, you’re only safe because of your looks and your… groupy over here.” He pointed at the crowd who only stared. “You don’t know who you’re messing with.”

Yoochun just gave a cold stare.

“Yoochun, you just asked for it. If you don't know what money can do to a person, then I'll show you. It would be so bad you wouldn’t even want to live anymore.” Siwon threatened him.

Junsu’s eyes twitched. Because of his knowledge with Siwon’s past backgrounds, he feared for Yoochun.

“We all know who needs to leave now right?” Yoochun told him, his voice still as calm as the waters.

It was a staring contest. Yoochun challenged him, the man with a very few words.

“There are many things worse than death,” Siwon smirked evilly and patted Yoochun’s soft auburn hair. He brushed Yoochun’s shoulders as he walked out of the cafeteria.

When the commotion died down— not exactly. Everyone was staring at Yoochun who walked up to Junsu, who was in his own little world. He faced Junsu to Jaejoong just like they were before and sat beside him.

“Why didn’t you fight back Junsu?” Yoochun stared at him. He was really curious.

“Because…because…” Junsu tried to formulate a reason but he failed. Yoochun’s ice blue eyes were too distracting. In times like these, he wishes he couldn’t see.

“You shouldn’t make him cry Yoochun,” Jaejoong said as an excuse to give Junsu some time to recover and think. “Everyone gets scared from time to time.”

Yoochun still stared at Junsu waiting for his answer.

Jaejoong kicked Junsu’s foot to help him snap out of it. “!” He cussed. He looked at Yoochun again with his mind now a bit at ease. “Well, even if we did have the ability to fight him back, we still have to think about what will happen right after the actions we take. It’s not just about us. He’s wealthy. He’s rich. Both Jaejoong and I have to think about our family and what he can do to us.”

Yoochun gave a small but a quick smile. There was a long pause. “I like you Junsu.” He bluntly stated. “There should be more people like you.” After saying this, Yoochun just stood up from the table and left the cafeteria.

“Thanks Yoochun-shii,” Junsu managed to speak out.

Yoochun heard it but still kept on walking with his back towards Junsu’s. He just simply waved to let them know that it’s alright.

Jaejoong looked around. It was great that nobody heard the ‘I like you Junsu’ or else Junsu would be dead by the second.

“Did he just…” Junsu blushed.

“Maybe he didn’t mean it that way?” Jaejoong asked his best friend, confused as well. “Well…there’s the “I like you Junsu” and there’s another “I like you Junsu”,” Jaejoong said both sentences with different feelings. “Both sound the same but have two different meanings.” Jaejoong was thinking about it really hard.

“Maybe…”

Lunch break was over and now the future bothered Junsu.

Throughout the day, Junsu was worried for Yoochun. Was Siwon really serious? Being the dirty human he is, there’s a 90% probability that Yoochun is in danger. It’s a skill something he picked up as he worked with his father. It's to your benefit to know your predicament and what you’re getting yourself into. And for Yoochun, it looks dark.

But should he do something about it? Why wasn’t Yoochun scared? Junsu’s head was clearly filled with thoughts like these that he didn’t realize time passing by. The bell rang signaling that it was the end of the day.

Closing his locker, Junsu sighed. He felt guilty that Yoochun had to step up for him. But that’s not the only reason… he said, he liked him! Who the hell tells you that?

“Hey Junsu,” Jaejoong tapped his shoulder. “Do you want me to stalk Yoochun? It’s been bothering you right? I have nothing to do today at the company so I can do it. Should I?”

“Why do you need to ask me?”

“Because you’re my future boss!”

“Right…Do you want to?” Junsu asked him back.

“That’s what I’m asking you, may I?” Jaejoong wanted Junsu to answer instead of making his own choice just to . He sensed that Junsu had some sort of attraction to one of the school’s prince.

“I'll give you a go for it.” Junsu looked away from him.

“That’s all you needed to say.”

They walked for about fifteen minutes. Nobody said anything until they reached a building with about 8 floors.

“This is where I live right now,” Junsu pointed at the window on the second floor. “My room number is 224. And if you find out something or you sense danger call me. I’ll put Yoochun under your care.” He took off his glasses and messed up his gelled back hair.

Jaejoong noticed the one hundred eighty degree change in Junsu’s personality. His gentle features were completely blown away as if he wore a full faced mask that covered his entire face.

“Yes boss!” Jaejoong jokingly saluted.

“Go now. Knowing Siwon, it will happen during after school hours,” Junsu instructed Jaejoong. “I won’t be home so when you call, call my cell. I’ll be at the company. My father wants to talk to me about filling in for him today for a meeting.”

“It’s nice to see this side of you too, Su,” Jaejoong said, “your commanding personality I mean. Behind this mask is just an ordinary man. ” He patted his head.

“It’s a great contrast. Helpless during the day and powerful at night.” Junsu said lastly as he turned around and waved bye to Jaejoong.

“So this is what it feels like to feel helpless from time to time. You tend to worry lots.” Junsu mumbled to himself. This feeling…it feels a bit nostalgic. He scratched his sticky head. There were small traces of gel all over his hair. “I need a shower.”

After Junsu went inside, Jaejoong dialed a number on his phone and urgently said, “Leeteuk, bring me my car.”