Deceit and Improvisation

I'm Cool

 

Chapter 26

 

Deceit and Improvisation

“Hey, Junsu,” Jaejoong called out to him as he went out the door.

There was no reply, causing Jaejoong to be even more curious as to what happened behind those doors.

“Why were you there?” he then asked to initiate the conversation only to be glared at by those overwhelming eyes.

“Care to guess who was behind those doors, Jae?” Junsu shot at him.

“No, I’d rather not. I’d like to cut to the chase though,” the lighter haired man replied with no hesitation whatsoever and challenged the man.

“It’s Yoochun, for God sake!” Junsu stopped walking and rubbed his temple in frustration.

“Wh—” Jaejoong was cut off when Junsu suddenly pushed him up against the wall, getting the air knocked out from his lungs.

“What the hell were you thinking bringing him here?” Junsu screamed a whisper to not cause a commotion. “You know perfectly well the reason why Yoochun is not here. You just brought him to an unnecessary fight that doesn’t have to include him. Why, Jae? How could you do something so reckless?”

“Junsu, you’re losing it. You know how I am. My decisions have always been reckless. However, compared to the decisions I make, yours are far more reckless than mine,” Jaejoong responded with ice cold words. “All I did was brought him to the safest place possible, and that is right here by your side. You know perfectly well that you are the only person capable of protecting him. If you keep on pushing him away like this just because you think that it’s for his own good, then think again, Kim Junsu. You’re the one who’s ing things up.”

Jaejoong returned those glares back at the man who pushed him right against the wall. Both unwilling to back down.

It took a while for them to settle down, their breaths being the only thing echoing down the hallway they were standing in.

Junsu sighed and looked down still pinning Jaejoong’s neck with his arms. He breathed in and then let the air out as if a volcano just released all of its magma.

“To hell with it.” Letting go, Junsu looked away as he fixed the sleeves of his tuxedo.

“Well, I apologize for not telling you,” Jaejoong replied. “And I’m filled with great gratitude for not punching the face.”

“Don’t misunderstand, Jae,” Junsu with a still angered expression said. “This is for keeping my cool, to show that I understand your reasons and that I accept them. However, there were other ways to keep him beside me without causing a ruckus like this.”

“Well,” Jaejoong scoffed. “I thought it was perfect. Plus, I didn’t force Yoochun to take this on. I gave him the permission to attend knowing that he’ll be able to talk to you.”

“You know this is the last place I want him to be in, Jae,” Junsu barked at him with frustration. “You just sent him out to the battlefield ! This place is too big to be able to watch every corner and you, out of every other person, should know that perfectly!”

“Either way,” Jaejoong paused, “either way, you know he’ll be the target. So leaving him unarmed out of your reach or leaving him unarmed within your reach—what sounds better?”

“Alright! Alright!” Junsu rolled his eyes at a loss for words. “But since you’re the one who brought him here, I’m going to give you the responsibility of watching over him.” He paused and clearly let out his frustration. “God, Jae, I don’t understand!”

“Well, if that’s what’s going to lighten your load, then I’ll take it off for you for now,” Jaejoong simply replied. “But if he does anything rash, then—”

A door opened from across the other end of the hall catching both of the men’s attention, causing Jaejoong to stop his midsentence.

It was Yoochun.

****

“Junsu…” Yoochun called out hesitantly as he went out the door hoping to catch up to the man. This was all he could do.

At the sound of his voice and the glimpse of Yoochun’s face, Junsu could do nothing but turn around and walk away. He couldn’t let Yoochun see him so flustered like this. Yoochun needed to get out of this house under Jae’s protection. This is the best way out of this situation for now.

“Junsu,” he heard Yoochun call out again but didn’t bother to turn back. His name was called out so many times but he chose to ignore those calls. Blocking it off was the simplest way out.

“Kim Junsu, wait!” Yoochun called out louder this time but still failed. Junsu continued walking away as if it was the easiest thing to do. Finally, with no choice left, he called out, “Xiah Junsu.”

At the sound of that name, Junsu’s being froze. How did Yoochun know about Xiah Junsu? His brain searched for possible ways for him to have found out but he couldn’t find any except for one.

“Jaejoong…” Junsu whispered to the man beside him and walked back to Jaejoong who stood still behind him immobile from the just said words. Anger and annoyance covered his words. “Was this your doing, too?”

“Oh, God, of course not,” Jaejoong stared at him in shock and mouthed, “He figured it out all on his own. I was shocked myself.”

“What other secrets are you keeping from me Jae?” Junsu hissed at him. “Tell me now.”

“Nothing else, Junsu, trust me,” Jaejoong replied with eyes and words of sincerity. “I was going to tell you later. I figured you didn’t need that type of information at the moment.”

Believing the man, Junsu decided to drop his accusation and face Yoochun head on. This time he had to make it clear so to let Yoochun stay away from him even if it meant denying his feelings towards him or hurting him. He cocked his head towards another door five meters away from him indicating for Jae to stand there and wait.

Following the order, Jaejoong sighed, patted his shoulder as he whispered, “You got five minutes. Changmin will be up here on this floor with Se7en.” Then he leaned against that specific door and closed his eyes. The other two pretended that he wasn’t even there.

Junsu took steps towards Yoochun, closed his eyes to regain his composure and to buy some time to place the mask on his face. He breathed out as if releasing all the tension inside of him.

“So you knew all along?” Junsu challenged as he acted this whole charade of lies out. “You knew I was Xiah Junsu and you just played along?”

“No!” Yoochun, who had no idea, took the accusation seriously and shouted at him as he walked closer until he was a couple of arm’s length away from the man. “I just found out today. I was angry since I thought you were playing around with me so don’t you dare turn it around against me saying that I was the one playing with your feelings! You don’t even know what emotions trampled all over me! I despised you even more! I was angry! I was horrified! And I was shocked—“

“Then all you have to do now is let me go,” Junsu told him with a straight face. “Those feelings, you can let go by letting go of all of this. Let go of everything here! Then you’ll be free!” He paused and jeered at Yoochun. “You’re not like me! You’re not like me, Yoochun. You’re not chained down to this household so walk out of these doors right now. I promise that you won’t feel disappointment and frustration ever again.”

“I know how easily I could just walk out! In fact, I could walk out right now, but you know what, Junsu? I choose not to. I perfectly know how easy it is but…” Yoochun bit his lip. He didn’t know what he was doing anymore. It was the first time he was desperate to explain himself. “But to tell you the truth, those feelings of hatred only lasted for—“

“Don’t even start with me, Yoochun,” Junsu shot words of anger towards him. “I have no reason to be with you right now. Think about it. Think about your position. You said you want to be friends. Excuse me?” he laughed heartlessly. “Who are you asking to be friends with? Kim Junsu? The man with the greatest wealth and fortune? How could someone of a high social standing like myself be anything with a commoner like you?”

Yoochun couldn’t take any of these words in. He was confused of the sudden change of attitude this man had towards him. It was only yesterday that he confessed and pleaded to love him but now, it felt as if he was pushing him out of his life entirely. Were those words that were capable of moving his heart all just a lie?

For the first time in his life, he felt ashamed. What was he even doing here? Why did he not even learn after all those cruel things that happened to him and his mother? How could he be so stupid and never learn!

Junsu noticed the horrified look on Yoochun’s face as if the bridge of trust he slowly built burnt down in pieces. It hurt his heart that he was doing this to an already untrusting man, a man he wanted to love but could only hurt.

“I hate you, Kim Junsu,” Yoochun’s face scrunched up trying to hold his frustration and sadness to himself. He held back his tears that were about to form. The words that he told Junsu was filled with nothing of hate but of disappointment. “I thought you were going to be different! You gave me that impression that you were able to love and care for someone as unworthy as me!” He let out a breath to compose himself. “I wanted to give you my trust even if you belonged to the same type of people who killed my mother! The only person that I had ever treasured! I was going to give up my hate in exchange that maybe…that maybe you people aren’t as detestable as I thought you were,” Yoochun looked at the man in front of him with eyes full of questions.

Junsu watched as Yoochun’s gentle eyes slowly became cold again—full of distrust. Those eyes, they were reverting back to the lonesome and distant world it used to be on. Junsu felt the guilt and regret hitting him like wild drums. If only this could be prevented, but all he could do was watch Yoochun sink deeper into that abyss he was in before they met.

If this is the consequence for keeping Yoochun alive, Junsu had to do it. He had to get him out of here. And so with all of his might, he conjured up the most hurtful words he could ever say in this situation to end it as quickly as he could.

“This was all just a game Yoochun,” he smiled at him as if he wasn’t even affected at all. “Don’t take it too seriously! Jaejoong and I just had a simple bet. And this was the last day and I won! I told him I’ll make you waver in a month and he told me I was able to do it in a week! If he pushed my feelings towards yours, he was just playing the game. However, you fell for me and the game is over so we don’t have anything to do with each other any—“

Junsu found himself on the floor, blood trickling down from his lips as Yoochun gave him a quick punch that blew his thoughts away. It was a punch that echoed the pleas and the anger of his heart.

“I hate you, Kim Junsu. I hate you, I hate you,” it was only these words that Yoochun could say over again. “I hate you.”

“Hate me all you want, Yoochun,” Junsu spoke as he wiped the blood at the corner of his mouth and stood up. “It doesn’t cha—“ All his words and thoughts disappeared as he saw tears overflowing Yoochun’s blue eyes. The man told him he hated him over and over again yet his face showed emotions of a broken hearted fool. It wasn’t a face of a hateful man but a face full of sadness and bitterness.

“I hate you, Kim Junsu,” Yoochun breathed out one more time, his eyes unable to control the tears flowing out. “Why am I crying?” the confused man questioned himself out loud.

Yoochun didn’t know, but what he did know was that he was incredibly hurt and regretful that his heart was changed by a bastard that treated his feelings as if it were only just a mere game. His heart that he had locked up, his heart that never trusted, changed from just one joke of a matter.

“Why did you do this to me, Kim Junsu? Why did you play around with me and pulled me back into this cruel reality for just one joke of a matter?” Yoochun desperately questioned and questioned. “Why did you treat me like some clothing you can change after wearing it once?”

Junsu erupted with a short laugh.

“What to do Yoochun?” he smiled at the crying man. “You say you hate me but your face tells me you’re broken hearted!” He laughed some more. “Did you really fall in love with me?”

Yoochun was at a loss for words. What could he say? What could he do but just take it all in and accept it? Just accept it like the fool that he was and continue to hate like he had done so far throughout his life.

With the strength he had remained, Yoochun got ready to throw another punch but as it connected, it lost all its strength until it was just a gentle shove that pushed Junsu’s shoulders back a little bit.

“I think I was in love,” he paused, “at least I was told I did and probably I myself thought I was in love, but right now, I don’t think this is the Junsu that made me waver. You’re not the Junsu that captured my heart,” Yoochun breathed as he calmed his senses down.

He looked and stared Junsu down with his cold blue eyes. “You’re Kim Junsu. I have to get that straight in my head. Kim Junsu is selfish, arrogant and self-centered. Of course, he’ll never like me! However, the Junsu that made me falter was not you. The Junsu I saw was not you. The Junsu that I was going to give my heart to is not this Junsu standing before me,” Yoochun spoke with a voice of hopelessness as he walked away. He just wanted to walk away and shed all of this hurt that he felt. If this was love, then he didn’t want to fall in love again. His guts were right all this time. He should have stuck with what was comfortable—a life with no risks, a life without this feeling called love. It only bit him back in the end.

“So, in other words,” Junsu mocked him. “You fell in love with the non-existent Xiah Junsu.”

Yoochun faced him silently; he didn’t have the strength to reply.

“Well, sorry to say this, but I’m Xiah Junsu,” Junsu laughed. “God. How could you even fall in love with that made-up loser? I couldn’t believe it myself. He was a damn loser for crying out loud who couldn’t do anything for you!”

“Xiah Junsu was not a loser!” Yoochun barked at him. “He was a man who willingly laid out his heart to me in a platter. I couldn’t see anything but honesty from his words. He was cool! And you? You’re the loser who hides behind his words and uses money to clean up his messes.”

With these words, Yoochun turned around, facing away from Junsu ready to walk out and leave this place forever.

“Don’t walk away, Yoochun,” Junsu commanded so he could deliver more hurtful words so that he’ll never come back to his life. “It was for revenge!”

Yoochun stopped in his tracks. The curiosity and the shock of those words that reached his ears held him immobile.

“It was for revenge,” Junsu spoke. “My memories…I had them all this time. I just acted to gain your favor, all for the sake of hurting you for…for killing my sister. I wanted you to suffer as I have suffered! And this is why I did this. With all my being, Yoochun, you’re the one I hate the most so don’t even think that I, Kim Junsu, had ever loved you. You’re the insignificant being that took space on this earth and brought grief towards me.”

Junsu gripped his hands tightly as he said these words. He held his feelings in and continued to play the role of the one being he despised the most.

Yoochun’s hands shook and became cold. The words that he knew but never wanted to hear. Junsu knew he killed his sister all along.

“Junsu… you… I can’t believe it…” His words weren’t coherent anymore. What could he say? He blamed everything on Junsu all this time and yet, Junsu also blamed him for everything at the same time. The bond and connection they had that he thought was real was just supported by lies and hatred that came from the both of them!

Yoochun laughed at the unfolding situation. He laughed and laughed as tears rolled down his eyes. He closed his eyes and swallowed the pooling saliva that he couldn’t before. There was silence after that laugh but was broken by Yoochun sighing. He smiled at Junsu. It was a smile full of emptiness. A smile filled with hopelessness.

“Well, then,” Yoochun breathed out, wiped his tears and turned around to face Junsu. He then continued to look down the floor until he was able to compose himself. It took some time but when he looked up, he directly stared Junsu down with those hazed eyes.

“I guess we are the same. I also lost my mother due to an unfortunate incident. I know the extent of this hate you feel towards me. However, to bring you happiness and to ease your suffering, as my parting gift, I’ll leave your life for good. That’s what you clearly want, right? I’m not part of the game anymore so I’m basically just garbage, right?” Yoochun paused to maintain his composure and took a breath. “Your revenge worked out great! Your revenge truly made me want to continue hating every single being for the rest of my life. Your revenge…it hurts like hell, so consider it your sweet revenge, Kim Junsu.” Yoochun’s breath shook and gave him away, but he continued to speak. “But this sweet revenge of yours, I accept it! I accept it with all my heart.”

Not being able to control his tears anymore, decided to end the conversation by walking towards the man he knew he wasn’t able to hate anymore. “I’ll take this guilt that I feel and this hate you have towards me to my grave so that way, even I won’t be able to rest in peace when I die. I clearly deserve this in your eyes, don’t I?”

Yoochun stretched out his arm towards Junsu. It wasn’t for hugs but for a peaceful handshake to say good-bye.

Junsu was in a state of confusion and yet somehow, as natural as the earth went around the sun, he unconsciously took Yoochun’s hand. A common handshake between two men who loved one another and ran in circles around each other but were destined to never be together. This was fate running its threads in their lives. They weren’t meant to happen.

Yoochun didn’t want to let go of these hands. Even if this was the arrogant Kim Junsu who had toyed with him, these hands were still the same gentle hands he held during that accident that gave him the strength to live on. It was hard to let go but he did so leaving behind at the same time, the heart to love. It hurt so much to the point of not wanting to let go, but he did and he walked away.

When Yoochun was a good walking distance away from them, Jaejoong pushed himself up from the wall and walked towards Junsu. “Well, you managed to make him say the words ‘I’ll be out of your life’ in less than five minutes. You’re truly the master of deception. Harsh words for someone who still deeply loves.”

Junsu didn’t speak. He couldn’t utter a word. He just watched as Yoochun’s figure kept on getting farther and farther away from him, away from his reach. What did he just do? He wanted to reach out and grab his shoulders to stop him from leaving but he couldn’t. He wanted to reach out and hug him but his responsibility held him down to the ground.

Jaejoong mocked him. “But I guess, you’re not taking it too well.”

“Leave me alone,” Junsu brushed off Jae’s comment. “Go follow him. Make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid.”

“Your knife-like words ran at him so fast, I’m not sure who wouldn’t go crazy. I thought I was going to go crazy just hearing you two.”

“Look, Jae,” Junsu turned around and faced the other way. He didn’t have the heart to look Jaejoong in the eye. “Just go, okay? Don’t question me and get him to the safest place possible. Somewhere where he’ll be out of reach.”

“Yes, boss,” Jaejoong replied as he ran towards Yoochun who just turned the corner.

“I’ll get you back out of your darkness again, Yoochun,” Junsu whispered to himself. “I thought I really wanted to let you go permanently but you're such a love struck fool. You really can't do anything without me. Stay strong, because I'm hanging onto my sanity for the both of us as well. Just a little bit longer. I'll come pick you up again.”

Park Yoochun. That name was like a drug to his ears. He really couldn't let him go nor give him up.

Walking the opposite direction of the other two, Junsu headed for the stairs that took him down to the main floor of the mansion. Kim Junsu shouldn’t be gone too long from his own party.

***

“Yoochun,” Jaejoong called out. “Wait up! I’ll take you out of here.” Jaejoong continued to run after the angry Yoochun. Turning the corner, the blonde man saw the body he was chasing slowly come to a stop, losing all its energy as if its eyes just saw a ghost. “Hey, listen, the game isn’t as bad as you think—”

Yoochun started to back away and returned to the previous hallway they were in as to not be seen by the people he saw, which made Jaejoong confused and followed him back.

Jaejoong looked at Yoochun’s eyes and saw how frozen and stiff they were. His pupils dilated and his jaw shook mad. At that instant, their eyes met and tears began to fall like waterfalls.

“Yoochun, what’s wr—” Jae was about to ask out of concern only to be met by a flying fist.

“Changmin…you…Jaejoong,” Yoochun breathed out in anger. “Is this what you wanted to show me?” He pointed at the two bodies at the end of the hallway that were melted into each other as they kissed and d each other. “Changmin doesn’t love me? I’ll prove it to you? Was this your evidence?”

“I only wanted you to know the lies you’ve been comfortably living in,” Jaejoong hissed at him. “Yes, I intended to show this to you, however, I’ve changed my mind. You didn’t deserve to see it but you did! I deserved this punch for being an but, Park Yoochun, you out of everyone probably knew this already, didn’t you? Even if you had Changmin, his heart wasn’t fully there. You were able to feel this, didn’t you?”

“Jae, couldn’t you have just let me live the blissful lie I was living?” Yoochun asked in exasperation. “Why couldn’t the both of you just leave me alone?”

With these final words, Yoochun took the exit staircase at his side and went another floor up, leaving Jaejoong behind. He ran and ran as far away from Jae and Junsu, hoping that he would be able to compose himself and look normal to go down the main floor where all the guests were.

Turning corner after corner, he ran and ran until he reached a door at the end. Without hesitation, he opened it and slammed it closed. The darkness of the room hugged him. The isolation comforted his senses.

“Changmin…why?” he questioned himself over and over again. His mind drew blanks from the emotional toll he just received. He wanted to cry but there were no more tears to cry. He was empty. He didn’t want to feel anything anymore.

“Park Yoochun, is that you?” a familiar voice resonated in his ears. “You grew up to be such a fine young man.”

Yoochun looked for the light switch. The sound he knew but he didn’t want to believe it. That man he’s thinking of is already dead. Feeling the nub that stuck out, he flipped it only to have his gut prediction be proven right.

Yoochun’s hand shook, his knees shook and his adrenaline pumped. His anger and hate surfaced out of him in an instant.

“I see you got your mother’s eyes to regain back your vision,” the man spoke without any sensitivity. “How many sacrifices do you need people to make just so that someone lowly as you can live comfortably?”

“You…” Yoochun bolted towards him and grabbed a pen that laid on the desk where the man stood. “YOU!” he yelled out in anger. “You’re supposed to be dead!”

“Calm your senses, Park Yoochun,” the man’s words were enough to hold him down. “Are you saying you’re willing to kill your own flesh and blood just to satisfy your hatred? You really are like me in many ways!”

“Go to hell!” Yoochun barked at him and dashed towards him ready to kill.

However, before even reaching the man, his hand was twisted to his back and was pinned down at his back by a knee from an unidentified body that was behind him unknowingly. He struggled to break the lock but his shoulder joint tore the more he tried to escape.

“Get off of me!” He screamed and shouted. “That man needs to die! He’s not supposed to be alive! For the last time, get the off of me!”

He screamed in pain as his arm was twisted more to his back which stretched the joints of his bones to its maximum capacity.

“Kibum,” the man ordered in a harsh manner and started to walk towards the pinned Yoochun on the ground, “no need for that. Just drug him. Out of all the people, I didn’t expect Mr. Choi to want a useless person such as him as bait.”

Yoochun kept on struggling and fighting to get out of the lock but he couldn’t. Even with all this hate that he felt, he still couldn’t accomplish what he needed to do at this moment.

“Park Yoochun,” the man called out his name as he reached for his chin and lifted it up to examine his face. “Your efforts are futile. Now you see the great limitations of people without money, don’t you? This is the grief that befalls anyone who doesn’t have money to back up their pride.”

“Jong-Il…” Yoochun spoke the name. “Die.” He spat on his face.

“You, how dare you…”

Even if Yoochun got the satisfaction of doing something to insult the man he once called father, it was a very short lived happiness.

“I dare… I dare!” Yoochun yelled only be slapped hard on the face. His cheeks and lips were busted, causing blood to flow from his lips. He screamed in pain once again as Kibum pulled and twisted his arm some more as a punishment for doing something foolish.

“I take the dare as well, my dear Yoochun,” Jong-Il threatened him as he pulled his hair to meet his blue eyes. “I’ve cursed you even as half of my face burned from that accident. You wanted to kill me? Huh?” Jong Il continued to pull and tug Yoochun’s hair which revealed his swollen cheeks and busted lips. “I will torture you to the death you truly deserve for making my life miserable. You will pay, Yoochun. Dearly.”

Yoochun shivered at those words. He was frightened. He couldn’t help but feel helpless. In the past, he was alone, and now, he was still alone facing his greatest enemy he thought had ceased to exist till a minute ago.

“Go to hell—“ Yoochun was cut off as a handkerchief forcefully covered his lips and his nose.

He was being drugged again. Yoochun tried hard not to breathe but he was suffocating. In the end, he inhaled what covered the handkerchief and in an instant, was knocked out cold.

“Tie him up,” Jong-Il commanded Kibum. “It’s time to take him out of here.”

***

Jaejoong looked through every possible unlocked door he could open but this house was just too damn big to check each and every single one.

Reaching the last hallway, the cracks of the door at the bottom released light, indicating the lights were .

“Yoochun, there you are,” Jaejoong panted out loud. “Why did you have to choose the farthest door possible?”

Busting the door open, Jae called out, “Yoochun! Get your out here this instant.”

To his surprise, there was no living creature in the room. It was odd. It was too silent. Looking around, he saw a familiar white tuxedo that sat on the ground with blood stains on it. He ran towards the suit and looked at the tag.

“It ing is Yoochun’s…” Jaejoong whispered. “But…where is he?”

“He’s at Choi Siwon’s lair now,” a voice from behind spoke.

Jaejoong was caught off guard that his body hesitated to move. However, as soon as he was about to get up and turn around to face that familiar voice, he felt a cold metal barrel held up against the back of his head.

Not wanting to do anything rash, Jaejoong slowly stood up and remained level headed. He wanted to laugh.

“Kibum?” he scoffed the name out loud.

“In the flesh,” he said as he released the safety of his gun and was now ready to fire by a twitch of a muscle.

Jaejoong sighed. “Gonna shoot?”

“Not yet at least,” Kibum replied amusingly. “You shocked?”

“I guess you could call this feeling shocked,” Jaejoong loosely answered.

“Then you know what happens next, right?”

“Well, of course I do!” Jaejoong’s words showed no indication of fear whatsoever. “But hold that thought for a moment. What I really want to know is how you did this. It’s brilliant!” Jaejoong paused. “Is it okay to turn towards you?”

“Alright, you may,” Kibum backed away as Jaejoong turned to get out his combat range.

“You’re smart, I tell you,” Jae complimented him. “But do tell, how you managed to do this whole charade and get past the guards under my guidance.”

“Well, I guess it’ll be my parting gift,” Kibum cockily replied.

“Great, storytelling time,” Jaejoong said sarcastically. “I got about 50% of the story down after knowing that you’re the culprit though. So you can just skip the details that involves you in it and the money stealing and all that crap.”

“That’s harsh, Jaejoong,” Kibum was highly entertained. “But as expected of the experienced, you got it down pretty well then.”

“How did you get in here?” Jaejoong with a more serious tone asked.

“You two are surrounded by enemies, you know? The influential heads of your security are really under me. It was easy to access a room; this place is humungous after all.”

“Well, then, I have to make sure to shoot the traitors after this. Care to give me names?”

Kibum remained silent.

“No?” Jaejoong taunted Kibum. “Okay, how about numbers. How many traitors are there in this house right now?”

“N-numbers sounds good,” Kibum stuttered a bit. “There’s twenty-five of them here at the moment. A great deal, isn’t it? Thought you were safe around your guards?”

“Twenty-five, huh?” Jaejoong started to think. “Twenty-five. I’m confident of the names I have in my head right now, but too bad I won’t be able to catch them myself!”

“W-wow,” Kibum was trying to hold his amazement and fear of the stretched knowledge of this man. “You’re doing great.”

“So what’s the next plan now?” Jaejoong asked as he leaned at the edge of the table. “I assume you already have Yoochun for the bait.”

“Of course, his demon of a father already taught him a lesson and silenced him,” Kibum replied casually. “He’s probably being tortured at the underground base by now. That poor guy, really. I had fun dislocating his arm though. It wa—“

Kibum’s tongue was held still by Jaejoong’s murderous gaze.

“Repeat what you said about Yoochun’s arm? What did you do again?” Jaejoong now switched his mood to a different tone.

“I made it so that it can’t function anymore,” Kibum sneered.

“What to do?” Jaejoong closed his eyes careful not to snap. He had to buy himself some time still. “I really want to switch positions with you right now.”

“Well, life’s just not fair, isn’t it, Jaejoong?” Kibum taunted him. “If you’re waiting for your dear Kim Junsu, he’s probably been falsely notified by the guards that you and Yoochun have been taken as hostages and has been given the signal to track you guys down. He’s probably out of this mansion by now in hopes of saving you two. However, in reality, he’s really just going to his death bed leaving you behind here as well.”

“I don’t plan on living much longer anyways…” Jaejoong sighed. “I’ve accepted and embraced the fact that my life is going to be ended by a bullet to my head. However, if you kill me, I will find a way to double fold this revenge plot and I will curse you in my grave.”

“I don’t believe in the supernatural. However, money, now that’s something you gotta believe in,” Kibum smiled. “Once we get the documents from your dear Changmin, we’ll be out of your hair and all the access to your stocks will be under the Choi’s name.”

“Eight years…” Jaejoong thought. “Eight years. That’s how long you and I worked together. I seriously can’t believe you switched sides just like this.”

Kibum replied, “That’s where you’re wrong now. I actually came here eight years ago as a bug for the Choi family. I owe my life to them and therefore, if I die here, I just have to take you down with me and I’ll be fulfilling my duty.”

“So you admit to betraying the company?” Jaejoong smiled and with those murderous eyes strangled Kibum’s soul.

“O-of course! You, Jaejoong, have no connection to me whatsoever. I do want your money though. That’s all I’d live for these days so I’m striking while the iron is hot. I’ve got you running around at the palm of my hands. It was great watching you freak out at who was hacking into your system. It was also great seeing Junsu take the emotional toll and pressure of failing because of what I was doing. I was your misfortune this whole time and you didn’t even notice it. You guys were too trusting.”

Kibum laughed at the power he had over the richest people of Asia. “I can’t believe I’m holding you at gun point right now. Are you ready Jaejoong? Because my finger has been itching to pull this trigger this entire time!”

Jaejoong laughed which made Kibum flustered, his grin disappearing from his face.

“Aren’t you afraid, Kibum?” Jaejoong asked him with great confidence, challenge, and pride. “Because my question is, are you ready for what’s going to happen next?”

“What the are you talking about, Jaejoong?” Kibum barked at him. “You’re the one that’s going to die—“

“Well, take your chances,” Jaejoong looked at him straight in the eyes as he cut him off. “Shoot!”

Kibum’s hand shook in fear. It didn’t make sense. He had the gun but what is this ominous feeling he was getting that he was the one that was going to die?

“Shoot, I said!” Jaejoong yelled at him.

Bang!

Three shots were fired in an instant. One at each side of the shoulder and one at the inner thigh.

A screech of pain emanated out of the room which could be heard at least by the guests downstairs as the body curled in pain not knowing where to comfort itself.

“Jaejoong, I told you already, if you let your guard down like that you’re going to get shot,” a man from the door spoke with great presence.

“Junsu…” Jae smiled in relief. “Well, I thought I was going to be a goner but really, I had a feeling you’d come.”

“Well, consider yourself a lucky man, Jae,” Junsu replied proudly. “Your distress signal did wonders for you.”

“I managed to push it as I got up. I think it’s good I had it on my wrist at that time,” Jaejoong laughed. “On the other hand…this guy. Super unlucky really. I told him to shoot but he didn’t!”

Both men stared at the man in agony.

“So, Kibum,” Jaejoong devilishly smiled at him as he crouched beside the body that bled on the ground. “I really also don’t care if you die right now, but I’m just going to extract more information from you.”

“ you,” Kibum spat out in anger.

“Well, I don’t think you realize how evil I can be,” Jaejoong said in amusement as he got up. Then with as much force as he could get on his foot, he stomped on the right shoulder wound and twisted his shoe against it. Kibum couldn’t help but yelp, and scream in pain. He was breaking out in cold sweat.

“How about now? Care to cooperate?”

Junsu crouched beside Kibum’s face and took out his cell phone to show the half conscious man. “Alright, this address. Is this where they’re keeping Yoochun?”

“Y-yes!” Kibum answered without hesitation.

“Wrong!” Jaejoong twisted and placed more weight into the wound. “What is this place? You better tell us the truth or…”

A louder shriek of pain was released as Junsu did the same for the left gunshot wound at his shoulder.

“Stop! Stop! I beg you! I’ll speak! I’ll speak!” the man yelled, crying in agony.

“That’s a fake location…” Kibum said between his breaths. “That’s filled with about 100 men armed with guns. If you walk in there, you’re a dead man. Where Yoochun is kept is where the Choi’s had their auction of es… a little while back. Same venue, same floor.”

“Well, thanks for the info,” Jaejoong grinned as he grabbed Kibum’s cheeks and shook it left and right. “That was easy now, wasn’t it?”

Kibum could only look away and close his eyes as the pain scorched through his body.

“Remember to breathe,” Junsu told him.

“Alpha to Beta,” Kibum heard Jaejoong speak through the walkie-talkie he had. “I’m on Floor 4, section F3 of the mansion. Bring medical kits, ready to treat gunshot wounds to a man named Kim Kibum. Make it fast.”

“Jaejoong, come here,” Junsu issued a command with a flick of his index finger and opened up a laptop available at the locked drawer of the desk. “Do some quick changes to the access codes of our company files. It shouldn’t take you long. This should temporarily stop others from accessing our stocks and files.”

“Alright,” he said, as he placed the walkie talkie on the table and came over quickly.

Giving room, Junsu stepped aside and let Jae do the work.

It didn’t take long for the man to quickly get rolling as his fingers tapped and tapped on the keyboard. With clear focus, he was at it for a good thirty seconds without talking.

“Talk to me Junsu,” Jae finally spoke. “Why the face?”

“Just focus on your work.”

“It’s about Yoochun isn’t it?” he said, not averting his eyes from the laptop screen. “Regretting what you said?”

“I don’t need to regret what I said,” Junsu replied as he leaned on the desk, partially sitting on it. “Even though my efforts of driving him away were fruitless, it was the best option at that time.”

“Of course, of course,” Jaejoong nodded as if he was really into the conversation. “Well, too bad he got caught.”

“Too bad that is…” Junsu mumbled biting his lips deep in thought. “He was a fool for falling in love with me but I admire his guts.” Junsu shook his head left and right disappointed yet at the same time smiled. “He’s definitely a lucky man like you.”

 

“Oh?” Jaejoong continued to ask questions just to keep Junsu at ease and calm for the moment in time. He knew at least one of them had to keep sane. Almost finishing up, he started clicking his tongue in silence fully focused on the window screens that popped and closed in a matter of seconds. “How so?”

“To be saved by me over and over and over again,” Junsu laughed. He felt like he was talking to a psychiatrist. “I definitely think I love him to this extent.”

"Well, if you can brag about falling in love, saving one another should occur to you as natural as breathing." Pressing the enter button for the last time, Jae wrapped up, closed the laptop and locked it once again on the drawer. “It’s a done deal. This security should hold for at least 3 hours.”

Both men began to straighten their clothes and walk out the door but Kibum’s voice stopped them from their tracks.

“Be careful of Choi Siwon…” Kibum warned them. “If you…really want Yoochun… alive…” he gasped for breath in an attempt to remain conscious, “you really…have to deal with it…by yourself…He doesn’t have many…guards in his place…so brining your army…might just set him off and kill Yoochun at once.” He winced in pain. “He only wants you dead, Junsu. Be patient. He won’t kill Yoochun so quickly so play your cards right. You… have time.”

“Had a change of heart, Kibum?” Jaejoong poked fun at him.

“No,” the man replied. “Both of you are a hopeless cases. You won’t live long nor my advice be too much of a help either.”

“Well,” Jaejoong replied. “We can’t change that now can we, Junsu?”

“I’d like to stay a hopeless case and remain unsolved,” he replied. “That way we can cause the greatest ruckus of history.”

“Oh?” Jaejoong questioned. “You have a plan?”

“Plan C Jae,” Junsu answered. “Remember?”

“I clearly not. Plan C?” he asked. “We don’t have a Plan C.”

“Yes, we do,” Junsu countered. “It’s improvisation.”

“You’re crazy.”

“Just reckless Jaejoong,” Junsu replied as he quickly headed for the door. “Come quick. It’s time to catch the lucky number Se7en.”

***

N/A Just had a massive brain vomit. I had lots of problems with this chapter just because I just had issues. My mood does not care at all for this chapter no matter how hard I tried. So I just forcefully brain vomited. HA. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed. I edited it and thanks to my beta, missvue09, she helped me fix some things that didn't quite make sense! Thank you so much! As usual, comments would be nice! It's my pleasure to be able to talk to you guys. Until next time then! 

N/A 2 I had to cut it in two parts just because I added 5 lines in. I can't believe it but it happened. LOL. So. Dumb. That's okay though.