Chapter 25: The Real Monster to Fear

I'm Cool

Chapter 25

 

The Real Monster to Fear

“What did your old man say?” Jae, along with the other two asked as they waited at the bottom of the stairs located just outside the entrance doors. He waited for Junsu to stop beside him for a conversation but he was completely surprised that he was ignored. The man passed by him, not making any eye contact. He didn’t even acknowledge anyone’s presence at all.

“Junsu?” Changmin this time called out his name, but still, there was no response. Junsu kept on walking, not even sparing them a glance or a smile.

This wasn’t Kim Junsu anymore.

At this point in time, there was no saying of what really happened between his old man and him. The conversation seemed too short for a fight. Heck it didn’t even last for three minutes. However, now it feels as if something drastic has changed in Junsu’s aura. It was as if he was a walking robot with no expression to give.

Watching Junsu more intently, Jae decided to accept the hint and just zip his lips tight for now. He waved at the other two to follow him into his car where Junsu decided to ride.

This Junsu brought back memories of the past. The Junsu back then was unresponsive due to the trauma he received after that accident. He would always be cooped up in his room looking at the sky until he would fall asleep. He would eat, sleep, and walk around but never really acknowledged anyone’s presence.

Back then, even though his body was there, his mind was off somewhere else where no one was able to reach his safe haven.

The Junsu he sees now is the same Junsu back then. What made him retract himself back?

Questions ran through Jae’s mind while on the way to his car. He was afraid that Junsu became emotionally unstable to deal with this situation properly. But how on earth could that possibly be? The amount of time Junsu spent together to have that conversation with his father was too damn short to even do major damage.

To be able to do something awful to make Junsu in grief like this… it would only be possible if something traumatically sad just happened.

Jae knew that Junsu was in pain but there was no way of easing this kind of sadness so quickly.

Getting into the driver’s seat with Junsu at the passenger side, Jae stepped on the gas pedal and quickly zoomed off with Dongwook and Changmin following closely behind in their own car.

Turning tight corners with incredible speed, Jae just drove. If he could lighten Junsu’s load by getting there faster, he’d do it. He promised to help out as much as he was allowed to so whatever he was able to do, he will do it greater than perfection.

The ride was silent between them but the conversation between the tires and the roads begged to differ. Every turn they made— the screeching sound of tires and concrete skidding past one another happened one after the other, echoing through the streets.

“There was no conversation at all Jae,” Junsu finally replied with a cold tone. “Nothing will change even if I told you. All you need to do is follow what I say and everything will be okay.”

Sneaking a glance at Junsu, Jae could see the man’s fists clenched so tight, his nails already digging deep to his skin. If he squeezed even tighter, blood would start to flow out of those hands any second now. Jae could only grit at the sight of his helpless friend.

What really happened back there?

To make Junsu depressed...

Jae sighed. He stopped himself from thinking negatively.

He decided to sneak a quick glance again and this time, he wanted to read Junsu’s expression. What he saw froze his entire being. Never mind about him being sad or upset about the conversation.

Jaejoong only needed one quick glance to Junsu’s eyes to understand the situation.

This Junsu was scary.

He was mortifying to even glance at.

Something really did happen.

This aura is reminiscent of Mr. Kim’s demonic presence that gripped his soul every time he gets on his bad side. It was this icy yet murderous intent that radiated from Junsu’s blank expression and that’s what frightened him the most.

At the sight, the palms of Jae’s hands began to secrete cold sweat.

This Junsu who sat idly, had eyes like an emotionless madman. With one glance, Jae wanted to do something to counter that mortifying feeling that stirred the pit of his stomach yet there was no way to get around it because he didn’t know where to start dealing with it. He couldn’t read Junsu’s thoughts yet somehow, something told him that a monster was created tonight and was ready to kill anyone who tried to get in his way.

This guy’s resolve was solid.

His purpose was set.

Jae knew from this point on that as long as Kim Junsu was able to walk, he would run like a madman to his goal. And because of this, it was necessary that they wouldn’t be involved.

They will only get in the way.

There was no doubt about it. Park Yoochun will be saved. But at what cost?

***

Their destination was nearing. And the closer they got, the more butterflies fluttered in Jae’s stomach. If he sought for comfort or just a warm smile from the other man to assure he’s alright, for sure, there was not a speck of amusement in Kim Junsu’s world as of this moment. Not even the slight bit of sarcasm that seemed to lighten the mood every time they come face to face with problems.

Turning the final corner, Jae drifted his car to a stop. The screeching of his tires echoed long throughout the area. At least, if there was something to remain the same, a grand entrance should always be consistent.

As soon as the car came to a full stop, Junsu grabbed his briefcase and got out not saying a word as of yet. He just stood there and examined the area.

As they expected, the place didn’t seem heavily guarded. There were two of Siwon’s men standing at the front gates awaiting their arrival but that’s all Jaejoong could see with his eye.

In a matter of seconds, Dongwook and Changmin arrived behind and in an instant, fled to their side.

“Junsu,” Changmin grabbed the man’s elbow to get his undivided attention.

“It’ll be okay,” Junsu replied without a change in his expression. Those words, even though only a few, had the strength of a hoard of elephants. It made it seem like everything was going to be alright.

Getting the feel of the situation, Changmin realized that this wasn’t the same Junsu he was talking to back in the room before. That much he was able to tell. It reminded him of a man unafraid of anything because he had nothing to lose. A man who gained strength knowing the bitter road ahead.

“Junsu,” Changmin called his name out again out of his worry. “Let us go with you.”

“It’ll be okay,” Junsu repeated those cold words once again but this time grabbing hold of Changmin’s hand that held his elbow and pulled on it with his firm strength so the man will let go. “Do not move from here. If you do, I’ll shoot your legs down myself.”

Changmin was utterly shocked at what he just heard and even saw. If looks could kill, he would have died by now. He tagged along with the intention of following him but his legs didn’t even budge at all with just one glance from him.

Kim Junsu definitely had a dormant monster cooped up inside his soul, waiting for the right moment to come out.

With those few words, the three of them could only stay behind. As much as they wanted to help, the only thing they could do was watch Junsu’s cold back get farther and farther away as he approached enemy lines.

****

“Lift your arms,” one of Siwon’s guards issued a command to Kim Junsu. They had a mini metal detector to prevent Junsu from being armed in front of their boss.

After checking for weapons, the guards waved their guns to the door which indicated to Junsu to go inside. Many more men with shot guns around their necks were in position as he walked on by.

He stopped out of irritation of the situation he was in. He swore in his lifetime that he’ll return this favor a million more times.

“Move it!” one of the guards roughed him up by pushing him forward with his gun.

There was no way he was going to take anymore of this arrogance. Junsu recovering his balance and his posture, turned around towards the group of guards behind him. There was stupidity in the air and he was not going to let it go.

Straightening his suit out, Junsu stared each one of their eyes one by one. The eeriness of this silence brought chills down each of the guard’s spine. The man had nothing—no guns, no canons, no knives—yet he was able to keep that monstrous calmness in his demeanor that made one’s knees quiver in alarm.

“T-turn around and keep moving,” another ordered with a loud voice to hide the sudden fear that overcame his senses. Without anything, he felt as if he was going to get shot in the head with a bullet.

There was something terrifying about his confidence.

“Moving?” Junsu challenged with a rhetorical question. He was really going to laugh at the stupidity of this group that cornered him into a wall. He took a step towards them and continued to do so.

Reaching a meter’s distance, he stops and stares mainly at the man who stuttered in front of him.

It made Junsu scoff at the obvious fear he could see in his eyes.

“For the last time keep on moving or else we’ll have no choice but to shoot,” the man to his right in annoyance gave a command.

“Shoot?” Junsu now shot a glance to him. “You’re going to shoot Kim Junsu without orders? What idiots you all are.” Junsu paused and raised both his hands high in the air. “It’s funny how you, who are all armed are being messed around by me.”

“That’s it,” one of the guards had enough and used the gun to hit right at his gut. “We can’t kill you but we can certainly bring you close to your death.”

The force of the blow made the air knocked out of Junsu. The muscles on his abdomen contracted around the pain making him hunch forward. It took a few seconds to regain his breathing pattern back and when he did, he placed his hand on the shoulder of the guy who just hit him. Leaning in to his ear, Junsu spoke, still with his remaining strength unwavering. “You told me to move, I moved. You didn’t specify where to move.” Junsu paused to take another breath. “For your information, the right way to guide a hostage is one leading in front and the rest at the back of at the side. That way I’d know where to go. So before hitting and threatening me even if I followed orders, let’s erase the stupidity here. It hurts my pride that I’m cornered by airheads.”

“You…” the guy was about to strike again with his gun but was stopped by Junsu’s own hand that caught the impact of the gun.

“Don’t you dare touch me unless you want to kill me!” Junsu angrily raised his voice. “Go in the front and lead me to Choi Siwon.”

“Why you little piece of !” the guard tried to take the gun away but Junsu held on it tight.

In a matter of seconds, one of the guard’s phone rang.

“Mr. Choi!” he bowed as he answered the phone. “Yes. Kim Junsu is here. Yes. We’ll be there.”

“Let’s not waste our time with your stupidity and go on with life now. Lead the way,” Kim Junsu ordered as he let go of the gun, stood up straight and fixed his tie.

***

The feeling of pain seeped through every part of his body as if it burned him alive. Blood. He could see the crimson all over his white dress shirt and it reminded him of that terrible past he’s been tormenting himself to forget.

Every twitch of his right arm caused shocks of pain to course through his body. There was no way he was willing to move them even an inch.

There could feel darkness everywhere. And he really couldn’t help but feel that his past he tried so desperately to run away from has finally caught up with him and grasped him tight.

And tonight will be the same as his past. Even if he cried out, no one would be able to help him. No one would reach out to him. Scream as much as he can, no one will care. The past will not change. Poor people will always be poor. And poor people will always be useless.

Memories of this place—what he saw sent signals for his brain to run and as crazy as he wanted to, he was too bashed up to do so. The pain that shot sparks of tears all over his body from the slight movement of his shoulder made him immobile. He was in pain almost everywhere.

“If the reason for your blank expression is because of your belief that Junsu will come, then I have good news for you,” Siwon spoke as he stood in front of Yoochun who leaned at one corner of the center stage similar to a boxing arena. He crouched down to his level to meet his eyes. “He’s almost here.”

“Lies,” Yoochun looked down, and zoned out to get away. Not even the noise of the chains of his handcuffs could bring him back. He didn’t want to pay attention to anything going on around him. He’ll shut off his ears, his vision, his feelings for the sake of getting rid of the pain that tortured him from all around. He just wanted to run again. “Just take me somewhere far away and torment me all my life. Don’t involve anyone else.” And with all his might, he sat up and leaned back at the corner pole of the stage similar to a boxing arena that sat at the center of the room. He let his chained arms rest at his front and let his head lean back against the pole to look up at the ceiling. He closed his eyes and took a breath.

Thoughts ran through his mind—thoughts of regret, of bitterness and of pain. There was this heavy burden on his chest and it weighed his very soul down on the ground.

He knew and he’ll tell himself these over and over again. Trust will only betray. Hope will only disappoint. And to love… he knew at least from the love he knew, trust and hope must exist. So therefore, to not ever be betrayed or feel the bitterness of disappointment, he can’t love. But as much as he wished that would be true, his reality became completely different from what he wished and yearned to have. Before, he aligned his wants with his reality. However now, no matter how much he desperately tried to remain unchanged and unaffected, he couldn’t bring himself to do so.

He knew.

Every day, all he could think about is Junsu. Was he feeling alright? Is anyone trying to hurt him? Did he eat? When will he see him again?

He changed yet the situation still remained the same. He’s still chained by the very collar he was restrained in by the past.

He retorted to Siwon with hopeless lies that he used to convince himself that feelings of loving someone did not involve him nor Junsu.

“Junsu will never come…” he spoke between his pained breaths.
…but I want him to come.

“My existence was just a game,” he added on as he looked up at Siwon with his cold helpless eyes.
…but Junsu told me he loved me.

“It’s my punishment for killing his sister,” he continued to speak, his eyes expressing the anger he couldn’t express.
…I want to be stronger. I’ll protect him as my punishment.

“So no matter what, this feeling you call love cannot exist in my heart. I can’t love him.”
… but I already have.

“That’s right Yoochun!” Siwon laughed and laughed. “Keep telling yourself that!” He turned away from Yoochun and towards another being. He stopped his laughs and challenged the man. “Did you hear that Kim Junsu? You’re rescuing a man who doesn’t even love you.”

“Choi Siwon,” Junsu spoke coldly still keeping the unaffected tone of voice. “You and I both know he’s lying. Isn’t that why you laughed? His words are cold yet it doesn’t even stab anymore.”

Siwon walked towards him, meeting him at the opposite corner of where Yoochun was.

“Well, it’s the effects of falling in love isn’t it? As much as you try to hide those soft emotions, everything is laid out in front like the text in a book. How sweet of a couple you two would make…” he spoke in amusement, “that is, if you play your cards right. The way I see it, you’ve run into a dead end underestimating me. Even the ant bites back in fear even if it’s small. And at big amounts, it can take down even a human. See what I did? All these years, I’ve gathered the smallest ants and spread them out. We’re now taking the biggest bite to take you down.”

“I applaud you for cornering me Choi,” Junsu answered. “However, in our deal, didn’t I say this will only happen as long as Yoochun is not hurt?”

“I apologize Mr. Kim,” Siwon bowed his head down and apologized sarcastically. “I’m only one man. I can’t control personal issues between my subordinates and my hostage. It appears that his father and him have a grudge match against each other. At the sight, Yoochun could only try to kill him so I let the parent and child settle this matter between themselves. I didn’t think it would lead to child abuse.”

He scoffed at his own remarks.

“Then do you mind if I also have a change of heart?” Junsu challenged back, his silent anger almost over the limit of what he could handle. He breathed and walked towards the table at the center stage. Siwon followed behind and both stood at both sides.

Reaching there, Junsu placed down the briefcase and took an unnoticeable big breath.

“Seriously Kim Junsu,” Siwon started the conversation with a smug look on his face as he crossed his arms in confidence. “I didn’t think you would give up your title and your company all in one night just for the sake of this pathetic man. You didn’t think I’d let you off that easily either right? Because I won’t be content until you can’t breathe anymore.”

“Do you know what’s more precious than the money I have?” Junsu paused for Siwon to ponder about it. “More than money, more than fame, and more than this useless title I have—there is something more precious.”

“Kim Junsu, I do not comprehend what you’re trying to say,” Siwon answered as a challenge. “Money, fame and fortune—that’s what we all live for!”

“What is money, fame and fortune if all just landed on your lap?” Junsu replied with a straight unfaltering voice. “More than those, I’ve protected my pride the most. If you had all that yet you do not have the ability to have self confidence and believe that you are the best, you’ll lose it all in a flash. Not just money, fame and fortune per se but your life. I had to treasure this pride in myself—the pride that will not back down even if cornered and helpless like this because in this way, I will not lose anything.”

“And you’re saying I do not have pride in myself?” Siwon rhetorically asked. He was ticked off at the behind the lines rude comment directed at him.

“Tell me Choi Siwon,” Junsu tilted his head a little to the side to challenge the man more. “What kind of pride resorts to use the dirtiest method possible? It seems desperate—shameful to be more exact.”

“You should watch that crude mouth of yours Junsu,” Siwon angrily responded. His emotions clearly glued at the front of his face. “I don’t think you understand how terribly cornered you are. So why don’t you just get straight to the point and tell me why you even brought this topic up.”

“What I’m saying is that more than my pride…” Junsu paused and walked towards the slouched Yoochun who didn’t even bother to look at him due to his embarrassing state. “More than my pride, Park Yoochun is far more precious. So while I’m alive, nothing is over. As long as I have arms and legs to move, I will carry on with life protecting the one most precious to me.”

And with those words, Yoochun looked up for the first time, meeting his eyes. “You…” he managed to mumble out through his pain. Even the slight breath shocked his body. The ribs at his left side might have been broken. “Junsu…”

“Well then excuse me Kim Junsu as I kick the one most precious to you down on the ground,” a person from the side spoke arrogantly and he walked towards the both of them. Junsu could only watch not knowing if he should take the voice that he heard seriously. But, he should have known better.

With one glance at his face, Junsu knew exactly who this man was. Just a single glance at his face he knew. The brown scars from the burns of the past still existed making the man look like he just came from hell itself.

Junsu stood up assuming that the man would talk to him but surprisingly, his assumption was wrong. The man went straight for the action he spoke of.

In a matter of seconds, Yoochun was flying a meter away from where he was.

The sound of Yoochun’s agonizing pain echoed in Junsu’s ears and at that moment, Junsu knew what he was supposed to do and without a single thought, he readied his fists to punch the living lights out of that demon like man.

However before he could even lift his fist, the man turned around instantly and pointed a gun right at his head.

“So which do you think is stronger?” Jong-Il asked. “Your fist or my gun?”

Junsu couldn’t reply. It was as if this man was his father that is placed into another body.

Jong-Il continued to ask questions. “Whose life would you like to keep on this earth longer? Yours or my idiotic son?”

“He is your son no longer,” Junsu managed to attack with his words. It was the first time as Kim Junsu that he felt so weak. “Either you kill us both at the same time or let us both live. My life and his life are equal.”

“People do not listen to the weak Kim Junsu,” Jong-Il stated, the gun still pointed right at Junsu. “You out everyone here should know that best. And unfortunately, the weakest being here aside from Yoochun is yourself. So how about it? I’ll kill you off first and I’ll let Yoochun live in agony seeing this happen while he gets ed by the most dirtiest men out there in the world.”

“Once I have the control in my hands, I will not hesitate to smash you down with all the might I have,” Junsu answered with confidence still as he refused to back down to the problem ahead. “I refuse for my emotions to be tampered with by the most blatant man in the world. There is—“

He was cut off.

“Go home Junsu,” Yoochun managed to groan out loud. Shots of pain scorched his body as if needles rained from the sky. “You should know when to back down. One useless human like me is not worth your time, your effort and especially the danger of your life. This is not a game you can win.” With these words, Yoochun looked Junsu straight in the eye, his blue eyes that usually gave warmth now gave the coldest look of mankind. It was as if, every drop of water in the ocean froze and the water became untouchable and went in hiding. “Go home…”

Junsu heard a crack of glass inside his mind. Those hopeless words jousted him back to himself. The realization of not being able to do anything shouldn’t be the doorbell to the door of giving up. There was no room for that. He needed to fight as hard as he could for the both of them. He needed to fight for his own happiness and in turn, even give Yoochun some as well. He may be the weak ant his father told him he was but he’ll never back down.

Never.

“Yoochun,” Junsu walked away from Jong-Il completely ignoring his presence and went towards Yoochun. He started to laugh at the realization of his short coming. He couldn’t believe that he was going to stick with an original plan of wiping out everyone here including himself and Yoochun. His happiness, that should be his goal. Bending down to the eye level of Yoochun, he made sure he could see how serious he was. “Thank you Yoochun, thank you again for saving my heart. I was really about to give up Yoochun. The ability to not be able to do anything… that’s what hurts the most doesn’t it? Your words were so futile that it shook my consciousness down to its very core…” Junsu paused to examine the Yoochun now. “I thank you for waking up the rage in my heart to live on.”

“I’m not sure what I’ve woken up inside you but take it with you and just go home. Give up already,” Yoochun replied.

“Tell me Yoochun, what kind of nonsensical bull have they fed you?”

“Reality, Junsu. I was introduced to reality,” Yoochun replied as he gritted his teeth hoping that not a shred of fear could escape him. Of course with all his might he wanted to leave, he wanted to get rid of these people who tortured his life for good. But reality came to eat him up. The rich will only get richer. And with money comes power. How could he have thought that he could go up against these men all by himself? Yoochun broke the eye contact and just stared helplessly at the ground. There was no hope. Trust is just a front to make one believe and feel comfort about one’s cruel reality.

“Park Yoochun,” Junsu paused as he grabbed Yoochun’s chin to make sure that his message came clear cut. “When did you become such a coward?”

“I’ve always been a coward Kim Junsu. I’ve become a coward because I wanted to protect my mom’s dignity, the people around me and most especially, I wanted you to be safe…” Yoochun breathlessly whispered a reply. “I wanted to protect but as much courage as I had, I couldn’t stand up to the people that I had to deal with. All I did was ran away from my past, from you, and from the aching reality. To find happiness, I chose to run. And yet here you are crashing into my life and chained me down to the ground so that I could no longer run away. You introduced me to open up myself… to trust, to love, to hope… but look where I am now. You’ve chained me down in front of a pack of wolves.”

“I’ll admit that I played a role in getting you here but if you’re thinking that this is all my fault then please, rethink again Park Yoochun,” Junsu paused. “It’s pathetic! You look and sound pathetic. If you keep running away every time you are scared, then you’ll do nothing but hide your entire life. Is that really how you want to live your life Park Yoochun? No matter how scared or afraid you are, you cannot win without fighting.” Junsu sighed as he let go of Yoochun’s chin that kept his gaze up leaving him to stare blankly at the ground. He confidently stood up and straightened out his wrinkled clothes. “All I can say is…to trust, to love, to hope, to betray, to disappoint and to be heartbroken—it’s all part of reality isn’t it? If you got the good, you have to take the bad. They come in pairs you see. The bad stuff won’t last long. You just have to be strong and face it till the end because the good stuff will come again. At least… that’s the reason to why I continue to live.”

“I’ve had enough Kim Junsu,” Yoochun tried his hardest to keep the tears that pooled in his eyes from falling but just like waterfalls, tears gushed out non-stop. “You tell me that I was just a toy, a game for your enjoyment and now, you tell me to trust you? Did you suddenly get bored that you wanted to play with an old toy? You threw me away so how can you expect me to find hope in you?”

“I’ve told lies but at the same time, I’ve also told truths,” Junsu paused. “Take a leap of faith Park Yoochun. Just listen to what you want to hear and make it the truth. I may have lied about a lot of things, but for right now, if there is one thing you should believe in, it should be me. I’ll continue to protect you—“

“Stop it!” Yoochun took his handcuffed fists and slammed them on the ground in frustration. “You don’t need to ing protect me. I don’t need it! You don’t know but I was the one that killed your siter!” He cussed and he cussed as he continued to slam and hit the ground with his fists until they started to bleed. “No more Kim Junsu! Just go home! You don’t need to bother with me anymore. I’ll be fine!”

“I don’t know? Oh, I know Park Yoochun. I know my sister is dead but you didn’t kill her. It was just the cruel fate. It was never yours or my fault. If you can’t forgive yourself for that fatal accident, then love me and only look at me as your punishment.”

“Go home Kim Junsu,” Yoochun refused to listen. There was no way he’ll put up with Kim Junsu saving his life. “I’ll be fine here. So just go home.”

“I’ll be fine?” Junsu laughed in disbelief. “Do you even know what you’re saying? Every passing day, you’ll be ed by dirty men who won’t even care about your own welfare, you’ll be drugged, get ed up more and drugged up more until you lose yourself. If you’re in those shoes, I’ll give you the right not to hope because when you’re wearing those shoes, you’re already far too deep from my reach. While I’m here, I want you to live Yoochun. For your sake, but also for my sake. I want you to live! You cannot leave me here. It’s either we leave together or I’ll sink with you.”

“Junsu, I—“ Yoochun was cut off immediately and was kicked to the ground once again by his old man.

“Let’s stop this chit chat now alright boys?” Jong-Il smirked at Junsu while crushing Yoochun’s right shoulder joint with his heel causing the man to scream in pain.

“Let me tell you something Kim Junsu,” Jong-Il arrogantly spoke. “To live, you need money. Therefore, people who do not have any money automatically lose the right to live. That’s just how reality is. Right Park Yoochun?” He asked rhetorically as he looked down at the weakened Park Yoochun. He continued to laugh and shake his head at the stupidity he thinks he sees. “And you, Mr. Almighty-King-of-everything-I-see, once we can claim the contents of that briefcase, you also shed all the money that you own. So at least from what I can connect the dots with, if you have no money, you have no reason and no capability to live.”

“The first and second time I may be able to forgive,” Junsu spoke, hiding his raging anger by the grip of his fists. “Transgress the third time and you might have to hide in the abyss so that I won’t get my hands on you.”

“This brat?” Jong-Il scoffed as he pulled Yoochun’s hair causing him to meet gaze with Junsu. “Or is it transgression against you?” He asked as he raised his gun and pointed it directly at Junsu.

“You won’t get anything from killing me,” Junsu answered coldly. “However, there is no doubt in my mind that I would like to live longer. You didn’t think that I wouldn’t come here without a bargaining chip right?”

“Whatever chips you take out to bet with,” he laughed. “You’ll lose them all.” He looks now at Park Yoochun as he pulled his hair more until his gaze met his own. “Don’t you agree son?

He laughed and laughed as if it was the only joy he’d found for the first time in years.

“Don’t you agree?” Jong-Il asked entertained as he pulled Yoochun’s hair to the side causing his head to move vigorously side to side. “Don’t you son?”

Yoochun couldn’t take it anymore. The sight of his face—the stench of greed that emanated from him. There was no way he was going to back down any longer. And with all the anger and frustration from not being able to do anything, he spat at him, right at his face. “Don’t you ever call me your son!” He yelled in anger. “And you Junsu!” he paused as he tried to gather the words to his lips. “You—“

“How dare you,” Jong-Il went up to him and kicked him over and over again until his sides, his legs and his arms were black and blue. “Since when did you become such a disobedient pup?”

Yoochun at this point couldn’t even muster the strength to sit up anymore to support his own weight. He was frustrated and infuriated at himself for not being able to do anything but spit at him. “Kill me you bastard!” He yelled from the top of his lungs as he forced himself to sit up. Blood dripped from the corner of his lips and his eyes encircled with a bruise. Kim Junsu was ing right. At this point, if he was going to die anyways, he might as well die as a proud and accomplished man. “Kill me!” he paused. “But I swear to God that I won’t go down without a fight!”

“You piece of—“ Jong-Il was wound up that he truly did yearn to kill the bastard who dared to humiliate him with words alone. But just as soon as he was about to perform another round of cruel beating, a noise interrupted him.

Junsu was clapping.

It caused Jong-Il and even Park Yoochun to wonder and pause.

“Well done, Yoochun,” Junsu applauded quietly as no trace of even the slightest sarcasm existed in any form. He walked towards him again and crouched down to meet his gaze. He looked at his beaten face and was mortified at the damage he saw. But he couldn’t back down now. Not until this is all over and Yoochun is free from the clutches of these men. With his face scrunched up and his teeth gritted, he hugged him feeling apprehensive about the situation at hand. If he needed a refill of courage, he definitely felt rejuvenated. “You are truly the man for me,” Junsu whispered to his ear so as only he could hear it.

“Junsu…” Yoochun could hear Junsu’s calming breaths against his own skin and gave him a source of relief. His short quick breaths now became deeper and longer.

“I know this is going to hurt,” Junsu continued to whisper. “But sit up, and expose to me your left ankle. You still have it right?”

“Don’t! I refuse to—” Yoochun’s eyes widened at the thought knowing exactly what Junsu was going to do.

“You have no choice,” Junsu confidently replied back. “Just do it. I’ll protect you so just shut up, sit up and continue to fall in love with me more and more.”

“I…” Yoochun whispered. “I don’t love…you. No way…”

Junsu laughed breathlessly. “It just sounds like you’re convincing yourself that you don’t love me.”

“Siwon,” Jong-Il called out to him. All this time the man was just sitting at the other side of the ring with the locked briefcase. He didn’t care much for the drama that was happening ahead of him but was more focused on the case. He was clearly excited about the contents inside it.

“Is there a problem?” Siwon asked as he looked at the two who were having a sentimental reunion.

“You said I can kill them both anytime after you got the case right?” Jong-Il checked.

“Yeah,” Siwon smirked as he sat up and held the briefcase with his hand. “I’m not sure why you’re taking so long. I already have the case. Let’s wrap it up quickly.”

Jong-Il laughed. “Sorry!” he replied with a tone of arrogance. “You hear that lovebirds? You guys ran out of time.” He pointed his gun towards Yoochun’s head first which shocked Yoochun’s body up. Kim Junsu was right, he definitely had no choice.

“You know, Jong-Il,” Junsu sighed. “How many times have you raised that gun to my head or to Park Yoochun’s?” He reached for Yoochun’s ankles discretely and took out the item that sat there all in a span of one breath. He looked at Jong-Il’s demon like face for the second time and faced it head on. He continued to speak. “You should have killed me while you had the chance.”

“Don’t worry, your turn will come,” Jong-Il answered cockily. “Don’t rush death—“

And before he could even place his finger on the trigger, the gun was out of his hands and he found himself falling to the ground in pain.

The situation was still incomprehensible to him. All he could do right now was crawl into a ball and hug his upper left chest. The pain shocked his senses to its maximum.

In a matter of milliseconds, Junsu managed to shoot the gun out of his hand and even got another shot in, close to where his heart was.

“Stop!” Kim Junsu yelled on top of his lungs before Siwon could utter another word or command. He held up his hands keeping a small item hidden on his right hand while visibly dropping the gun he held with his left. The situation now became delicate. Right after he took out his gun, at least 20 red laser dots appeared on his body. He was the open target to many of the snipers present in this big floor. “I have a bomb that could wipe this building down. So unless you want to die with me, you can go ahead and shoot me.”

“This is a bluff!” Siwon didn’t believe any of his words. “There are no bombs here. And especially, I know, it’s not strapped on you.”

“Oh I carried it in alright!” Junsu challenged him with a loud voice making sure that his words sank into everyone hearts that heard it. “You’re carrying it right now.”

“You bastard!” Siwon broke out instantly in cold sweat finding out that the case he was holding was a potential bomb.

“The bomb can be triggered in two ways,” Junsu explained. “First, entering the wrong lock combination and second, by this button I now hold.”

“How did you…You’re—You’re bluffing!” Siwon stuttered his words. “Gone crazy! I obviously have the upper hand. Your life is in my hands and there’s nothing you can counter that with!”

“No, no, no,” Kim Junsu answered. “I have something because with what I hold now, not only do I have your life on my hands but also every single being on this floor.”

“Do not be swayed!” Siwon commanded with his strong voice. It was directed at all his men who stood in the same floor. “Junsu, you…” he paused. “Give me the proof that this is a bomb.”

“Place the case against your ear,” Junsu with no hint of amusement stated, his eyes clearly focused on his threat and the threat that awaited him should he fail. “There’s a faint beep. I caused a ruckus with your hooligans and riled them up just so they would forget everything—even checking for anything dangerous inside that case. You could ask them yourself. They failed to check thoroughly the contents of that case.”

At those words, Siwon quickly gazed upon those men who escorted him here and also at the same amount of time, they avoided it and looked down.

“Useless bunch of trash!” he yelled as he slammed his fist on the table. He scoffed and took a short breath out. “You’re not lying!”

“With my life on the line, I have no reason to lie,” Junsu stared him down so that Siwon knew that this situation was not a game anymore. “I assure you, the files that we talked about are still there, you merely need the lock combination from me. Once you open it, the bomb will be deactivated and the files that you need will be yours.”

Siwon took a few moments to soak up the situation larger at hand. Without taking any more risks, he waved his hands and one by one, the red dots on Junsu’s body disappeared. Then, looking to his side, he flicked his finger at three other guards that stood by to give them a command.

“Surround the hostage,” Siwon commanded them still looking at the fierce gaze of Junsu. The sight made him tremble but he had no choice but to follow through with what he started. He took a seat at the chair beside the table and urged Junsu to sit across him.

Careful with his movements, Junsu walked towards him, his pride still unwavering.

“So, Junsu,” Siwon waited to speak until Junsu was all snuggled into his seat. “What’s the—“

“Siwon! You bastard…” Jong-Il spoke from behind Junsu still lying on the ground, bleeding. “You can’t just ignore me like this!”

With no patience left, Siwon quickly stood up, took out his gun from underneath his suit and shot him on the head many times until he couldn’t utter any sound. Blood trickled down from the stage to the floor. The metallic stench of it filled the stage as Jong-Il became a cold decoration on the floor.

Siwon took a deep breath once again to relieve his anger before he sat down. He didn’t even bother putting his gun back under his suit. Instead, he slammed it against the table and looked at Junsu right in the eye.

“As I was saying, Junsu,” he smiled challengingly at him, “What’s our new deal?”

“You’re a monster,” Junsu told him.

Siwon could only laugh at the comment. Placing his elbow on the table, he leaned towards Junsu and sighed. “To be cruel doesn’t make me a monster Kim Junsu. I think we both know who the real monster is.”

Siwon was sarcastically making a comment but that sarcasm went away in just one gaze of the power he felt in Kim Junsu’s stature and aura. His sarcastic words became the truth. He hit the spot.

He wasn’t the monster to fear in this room.

It was Kim Junsu and he knew it.

His knees shook at the monster he had awakened tonight and he thought he’d be trembling in fear but somehow he was still confident of his win.

This was Kim Junsu’s final trump card but for himself, he still had one left over.