A Frigid Heart | 2 |

A Frigid Heart

A Frigid Heart

 

Chapter 2

 

 

The next morning, Jonghyun was awoken by a phone call. He groaned not wanting get up, just let the phone ring he would think but, he couldn’t ignore it. The constant ringing annoyed him so he had to answer it. “Hello?” He spoke sleep grumbled his voice. “Jonghyun, this is Mr. Choi the principle.” Jonghyun cleared his throat, and responded, “Oh, yes sir? What is it?” The man on the other line paused for a brief moment before replying. “I would like you to come to my office today, there is a new student arriving today, and I would like it if he stayed with you as your new roommate.” Jonghyun’s eyes widened, “R-Roommate? But, Mr. Choi, I like having the dorm to my self couldn’t you find someone else that could take him in?” The principle paused once more, Jonghyun heard pages shuffling as if the older man was checking something but, then, he came back on the line and said, “No, the other dorms are already full, you are the only one who doesn’t have a roommate.” Jonghyun sighed, ‘I’d like to keep it that way.’ He thought. “Alright, I’ll come to your office this afternoon.” He could tell the principle nodded into the receiver as he replied, “perfect I’ll see you then.”

 

~

Jonghyun quietly sat in the principles office that afternoon. He had his hands in his lap, as he looked at the man diplomas that were hung up around the walls of the office. ‘Geez, talk about bragging.’ Jonghyun sighed, leaning back into his chair he waited for the principle to show up. When the older man did show up, he came in with another boy. The boy was slightly taller than Jonghyun, his hair combed and styled neatly. He had thick frames covering his brown orbs. His eyes were cat like, his figure slim but, not too slim. He was wearing a black button up shirt and white skinny jeans that matched the bright white buttons on his shirt. The principle sat down in his big, comfortable, leather chair and said, “Jonghyun this is Kibum, Kibum this is Jonghyun your new roommate.” The black and white boy smiled and bowed, “Nice to meet you Jonghyun.” Jonghyun bowed back and let the younger boy sit down next to him. Jonghyun felt very uncomfortable, he didn’t like having someone so close to him. He looked at the principle before the elder started speaking. “So Jonghyun I would you to show Kibum around the campus after getting him settled into the dorm.” Jonghyun nodded, “Yes sir,” The two boys left the office and the two walked back to the dorm.