A Frigid Heart | 5 |

A Frigid Heart

 

 

A Frigid Heart

 

Chapter 5

 

 

During class, Key sat in the back silently writing his notes and also keeping an eye on Jonghyun. He observed the older; he noticed how uncomfortable the older looked around everyone else. He was silent; he couldn’t understand why he wouldn’t even utter a word. ‘Is this because of that disorder that he told me about?’ he thought to himself. Jonghyun, meanwhile, was trying to look comfortable and calm but, it didn’t work. Ever since he told Key about his disorder, he felt like suddenly the whole world new about it. Key has gotten fairly popular amongst girls and guys and in this school if you’re popular, things like rumors get spread very easily and very fast. Jonghyun felt like people were just looking staring at him and when he’d look at the people they were looking at the teacher as he lectured. Once the bell rang, everyone ran out of the classroom to head back to their dorms. Jonghyun stood up and was about to walk out, when Key stopped him, “Hold on Jonghyun, would you like to go to dinner with some of my friends?” Jonghyun stopped, “Do you just want to make fun of me?” Key shook his head, “No, look I know about your disorder but, running from it and doing nothing isn’t going to help anything. Get your self back out there with your friends and I’m sure everything will be fine.” Jonghyun sighed, “I guess it couldn’t hurt to give it a try.” Key smiled, “Great, come let’s go we’re leaving now.” He linked his arm with Jonghyun’s and pulled him to the exit where Key’s friends including Taemin, Minho, and Onew standing by the door. Jonghyun blinked, “what are you doing here?” He asked. Taemin smiled, “Well we had to get you out somehow. Hyung we don’t exactly know what’s going on but, we miss you; we want to be around you.” Jonghyun realized it then, he wasn’t being stared at, he was being missed. Jonghyun nodded a small smile displayed on his lips. Key smiled, “Well let’s go ok?” Jonghyun nodded, “Yeah lets go.” That night the group had the best time, and for once Jonghyun felt normal again, he felt like he did before he surrendered to loneliness and that made him happy.