A Frigid Heart | 10 |

A Frigid Heart

A Frigid Heart

Chapter 10

Jonghyun stood frozen, ‘love?’ Key looked at Jonghyun who looked like he had just seen a ghost. “What’s wrong?” Key wondered. The older backed away, “No it can’t be love, how can it be, I can’t eve go out by myself or with friends properly and yet, how can…I… don’t get it.” Key smiled, “Jonghyun, its ok to love someone, there’s no reason to be scared, it happens to everybody.” Jonghyun gulped, “why me, though?” At this Key saddened, “So, are you saying that you don’t want to accept my feelings?” Jonghyun mirrored Key’s action and gulped before replying, “I don’t think I’m ready for it though.” Key nodded, he knew that Jonghyun was right, especially when he had been making such good progress, “o-oh, right, ok w-well take your time, I’ll be here for you.” Jonghyun nodded giving Key a small smile. There was an awkward silence forming between the two, but the younger broke it, “come and have breakfast, class will start soon.” Jonghyun nodded and sat down at the table.

 

At school, Jonghyun and Key sat in total silence. Key was beating himself up, ‘how can I be so stupid, this is a very sensitive thing for Jonghyun and I went and ruined it. What’s worse is that he might not be ready for a relationship like that.’ Releasing a sigh, he looked at Jonghyun who smiled at him. Returning the smile, Key turned his attention back to the lecture. Jonghyun was also feeling bad, the younger looked really hurt when he said he wasn’t ready for a relationship, but at the same time, he didn’t want to loose Key, he was the best thing that had ever happened to him, ‘I don’t want to loose you Key, its because of you that I’ve gotten this far.’ Through out class, they could only think, ‘what do I do?’