A Frigid Heart | 4 |

A Frigid Heart

 

A Frigid Heart

 

Chapter 4

 

The next morning, Key was getting ready for school when he noticed that Jonghyun hadn’t come out of his room. He walked up to the white door and opened it. He saw the older peacefully sleeping in his bed. Key couldn’t help but smile a little. He walked into Jonghyun’s room and sat down on the bed next to him. He caressed the boy’s cheek, gently, removing some stray hair from his eyes. The older groaning a little and opening an eye, Key smiled, “Good morning, we’ll be late for school if you don’t get up.” Jonghyun’s eyes widened and he backed away to the wall, “What the hell are you doing here?!” He was panicking, he has never been this close to his roommate and he didn’t like it at all. “Get out!” Key was taken back, “well I’m sorry, I didn’t think you were this rude when I met you. Why can’t I come in here, I wasn’t going to hurt you.” Jonghyun started to push himself into the wall more, “g-go away! Please don’t….come in here go away!” Key was starting to not only feel a little stunned but also mad, “Fine if you don’t want me here so much should I ask the principle to move me to another room.” Jonghyun shook his head, “N-No I don’t want that but, please just get out….” Key didn’t want to argue anymore he released a sigh and left the room and headed to school. Jonghyun gulped and sat in the corner a little more. He released a shaky sigh and got up, he hated this, he didn’t want Key to leave but, he couldn’t get near him, he didn’t want to have anything to do with Key but, he found the younger so interesting and cute but, he couldn’t do anything to be with him. He couldn’t do it. After a few moments, he finally got up and got ready for his first class. He grabbed his bag and went to school.

 

During the day, Jonghyun couldn’t shake off the guilty feeling, he treated the younger boy badly and needed to fix what he did even though he didn’t like going near other people. After his class he went looking for the younger boy, he found him sitting outside eating lunch. Gulping he walked over and sat down next to him. Key looked at the older and his eyes widened, “Jonghyun? What is it?” The older looked down at his hands and mumbled, “I’m sorry Key, I didn’t mean to be mean to you this morning, I just don’t like being around other people.” Key got interested, “What do you mean?” Jonghyun sighed and said “I have this illness, I guess I could call it, my doctor said that it’s called Schizoid Personality Disorder.” Key blinked a little trying to understand what was being said to him. “What are the effects of your disorder?” Jonghyun gulped, “lack of interest in social relationships, solitary lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness, and apathy.” Key released a sigh, “So that’s why you never came out of your room last night.” Jonghyun nodded sadly, “Are you mad?” He asked, looking at the younger. Key arched a brow in confusion, “Why?” Jonghyun pouted, “Because I yelled at you this morning.” Key smiled, “No, I’m not mad, I just wish you would have told me this sooner so then I wouldn’t be in the dark and think that you hated me or something.” Jonghyun smiled a little but, the smile faded when he Key asked him, “Why don’t you seek help? Go to a therapist, talk to someone.” Jonghyun saddened, anger and helplessness pooled in the pit of his stomach as the words replayed in his head. “P-please don’t say that.” He stuttered a little. Key blinked a little, “What do you mean? Don’t you want help?” Jonghyun stood up and said, “Everyone says that I need help, they think I’m crazy they think I need to be on medication, I don’t want help, I don’t need help, and I’m fine on my own.” Jonghyun turned and left to go back to class leaving a worried and confused Key behind.