A Frigid Heart | 12 |

A Frigid Heart

A Frigid Heart

Chapter 12

The doctor arrived later that day and took a look at Key. Jonghyun was standing by the door of his room; he was too uncomfortable to be near the doctor. The man in the white coat gave the sick boy a full examination; checking his pulse, temperature, lungs and eyes, why Jonghyun stood by the door eyes never leaving the younger boy’s pale body. He was worried, he had never witnessed something like this before, ‘why wasn’t I with him, give him an umbrella or something, damn it.’ He noticed that the doctor had gotten out of the chair and walked over to the boy. “Well, what can I say; he’ll be alright, make sure he stays in bed, drinks plenty of fluids, and gets plenty of rest. I’ve left some medicine on the night stand, make sure he takes two pills when he wakes up, they’re for his temperature.” Jonghyun nodded, “t-thank you.” He said moving back towards the entry way. The doctor nodded and followed the younger to the front door, “if he doesn’t get better in a week, give me a call back.” Jonghyun thanked the man again. After closing the door, Jonghyun went back into his room. Key was sleeping soundly his face was covered in a thin layer of sweat the blankets keeping him warm as he slept. Jonghyun sat down next to the younger’s bed. He placed his hand on top of the younger’s own warm one. ‘Key, please wake up, I can’t get better without you.’ He thought as he held onto the boy’s hand. He wanted Key by his side. It was then that he realized, he may not be ready for a relationship, but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t try.

 

Key groaned and that was all it took to wake the older boy. Jonghyun looked at the time; twelve in the morning. The older looked at the sickly boy as he tossed and turned. Jonghyun held the boy’s hand tightly, “Key, wake up.” He said groggily. Key only groaned, but his grip tightened on Jonghyun’s hand. The older boy felt Key’s forehead he was burning. Jonghyun needed to get his medicine to him, but Key wasn’t awake yet. Jonghyun stood up and went into the kitchen. He took out the smallest pot he had and filled it up with water. He then grabbed a small wash cloth and went back to his room. He dampened the cloth and placed it on his key’s forehead. The younger groaned again this time it may have been a groan of relief. Jonghyun smiled and took his hand into his own and said, “Don’t worry Key, everything will be alright. You helped me get better, how it’s my turn to help you get better.”