A Frigid Heart | 11 |

A Frigid Heart

A Frigid Heart

Chapter 11

After school, Kew was walking home under the pouring rain after taking sometime to do his homework in the library. He wanted to leave before it rained, but he left too late, the down pour had already started. Key didn’t mind the rain, but he did mind getting soaked, so he tried to walk at a fast pace. When he came home, he was completely drenched, but he knew that Jonghyun was home and that he would want something to eat after he finished his homework. ‘Better start on dinner.’ He thought to himself. Taking out the supplies he needed he began to wash the ingredients. It wasn’t until a few moments later that Key began to feel dizzy and hot. ‘I need to cool down.’ He thought. He reached for a glass, but everything went black and he collapsed on the floor with a soft ‘thud’.

 

Jonghyun heard a ‘thud’ from the kitchen. He leapt from his seat and left to go see what happened, “Key?” He called out as he walked into the hall, no answer. Walking into the kitchen, he saw Key passed out on the floor. “Key!” The older lifted the boy, cradling him only to realize that he was burning, his clothes were soaking from the rain and his skin was getting paler. Lifting the boy, Jonghyun carried Key to his room and placed him onto his bed. He then, with trembling hands, took off Key’s wet clothes and replaced them with some of his clothes before tucking him under the covers and going to call a doctor.