Chapter 3 Scenario #4

Lovefool

 

I had that same dream that Taeyeon had about the robot boyfriend except the robot was the pizza delivery guy.  I couldn't shake him off all weekend.  I got a phone call from my parents saying they found a potential marriage partner for me.  Who does this at this day and age?  Oh yeah, my parents!  I looked through his credentials and they were really good:  second heir to KJ Fashion, senior at Seoul National, tall, dark skin, and handsome... almost too good to be true.  I needed to see him for myself and I'm glad I did.  

 

"Hello, my name is Choi Minho." 

I want to say he's even more handsome than the delivery guy, clean cut and put together well, but that guy left a deep impression with his other worldly charisma.  Why the heck am I comparing this man to the other one?  No clue.  

 

"Evelyn Brandon.  But people call me Evey."

 

"Brandon?"  He wants to know the origin.

 

"My father is British, my mom is Korean." 

 

"Oh I see, your pronunciation is very good, you seem like a native speaker."

 

"My parents spoke fluent Korean growing up."

 

Blah blah blah....so we talked about our jobs, the fashion industry, how our companies could help each other out, boring stuff.  We decide to exchange numbers in order to set another date later next week.  He isn't too bad, but I just don't like the idea of an arranged marriage.  And to be honest, I want a man to be a bit naughty in bed.  Is that wrong of me to think that?  OK, I shouldn’t be picky at time like this, especially after my drunken rant the other night, but whatever, it’s my fantasy male.

 

I decide to go to the mall to pick up some underwear because Taeyeon decided to do the laundry and made all of mine pink.  Someone taps me on my shoulder and I turn to be face to face with my high school ex-boyfriend, Park Hyungsik.  This is just my luck.  The moment I yearn for a healthy man in my life, this dummy walks into my life again.  I give a fake smile.

 

"Evey, long time no see!"  Our relationship ended very sourly, he cheated on me with some idol star.  He's in a nine-member boy group as well, I have his poster hanging in my room.  "Are you here by yourself?"

 

"NO." Yes.  "I'm waiting for someone, he went to the restroom."

 

"He?" Did I say he?  Damn.  "Your boyfriend?"  You would like to know wouldn't you, wanting to size yourself up and see if you are better.  Hyungsik is handsome, he has a plutocrat aura, he’s tall with square shoulders and an easy going smile.  He is soft spoken too and his voice could always calm me.  Girls gravitate towards him easily.  

 

"Yes, my boyfriend."  Words just kept spewing out my mouth.  "He's the heir to KJ Fashion."  Wow, I begin to describe Minho whom I just met, but placed him as first heir and then described Kai when it came to appearance.  Minho does resemble Kai a bit but Kai's description is much more impact full.  

 

"So he's better than me?  Is that what you are getting at?"

 

"Well, he is mesmerizing.  It is sometimes difficult to be out with him in public because he is just so handsome."  Lies.  Although I bet Tae and Fany would agree with me about his mesmerizing looks.  

 

“Well, I can't wait to meet him," he responds.  "Oh, here's my Jihyun now."  He wraps his arms around a dainty dark haired girl with a lot of makeup and a stuck up attitude.  Well, she wasn’t all that snobbish I just want to think that she is to make myself feel better.  She acts shy, but she seems experienced, if you know what I mean?  She’s a year older than me and Hyungsik quickly introduces me as his ex.  He says that they will wait a few minutes to meet my (nonexistent) boyfriend.  This is where I try to imagine myself in "how to get out of here successfully" scenarios.

 

Scenario one: faint.

Scenario two: pretend to go find him, but do not return.

Scenario three: runaway.  No excuses, just run.

Scenario four: find random guy and hope he's as good looking as you say. 

Scenario five: confess with the truth.

 

Scenario five…yeah right!  This guy broke my heart.  I scan the mall, radar up for potential hotties.  No luck.  I close my eyes for a moment and decide to just grab any random guy walking alone in the mall.  I open my eyes:  boom, the first thing that catches my eye is a tall man with one of those white oversized NBA bucket caps.  He is wearing a stripe black and white tee under a white and red accented asymmetrical jacket with dark gray skinnies and checkered vans.  Style isn't too bad, lets hope his face doesn't ruin it.  “Oh, there he is!”  I walk towards my poor victim and grab him by the collar, I lean my face over his ear and whisper desperately. 

 

"I will give you 100 US dollars to pretend you are my boyfriend, just follow my lead, keep the talking to a minimum and introduce yourself as the heir of KJ Fashion.  Deal?"  I smile over at Hyungsik.

 

"Deal." His voice sounds familiar.  Kinda y too.  Stupid thought at a time like this, I know.  I take his hand and lead him to Hyungsik without even taking a glance of what he looks like.  I pray desperately that he is decent looking.  

 

Hyungsik's calm reaction seems forced; he was trying to be cool and not intimated by my new (make believe) man.  Maybe fate gave me the upper hand today.  Jihyun gawks at my "boyfriend."  Oh shoot, he's ugly.  I turn to face him only to see his shoulder as he bows down to greet them.  

 

"Hello, my name is Kim Jongin, I go by Kai.  So, how do you know my girlfriend?"  When he lifts his head, I nearly fall over only to be caught by him, the pizza delivery boy.