Chapter 18 A New Hand

Lovefool

 

 
"Kai-ssi!!"  That annoying voice wakes me up from my nap.  I've been cooped up in Luhan's bungalow for three hours after I spent the morning at the beach lost in my thoughts.  
 
"I will meet you at the restaurant!"  I yell back.  Yoona had been bothersome, so I sent Jongdae to entertain her and her bridesmaids.  Luckily the girls like karaoke so Jongdae was a hit with them.  He wooed each of the girls with his powerful voice.  According to Baekhyun, Yoona keeps asking about Sehun.  Maybe she'll divorce me for him.  Although I really don't wish for Sehun to be with a girl like Yoona.  She could be like those other models who throw themselves at him and not actually get to know the real him within his good looks.  I really don't know much about my wife though so, whatever.
 
Evey.  Sehun's with Evey right now, huh?  I throw my pillow against the door.  How frustrating.  I should be with her.  I should never have let Minho take her away from me.  Fate gave us chances, and I should have taken hold of them and kept her for myself.  Why did I not have this confidence the moment the priest asked that question?  I look up from my bed.  She stands in the middle of the bungalow.
 
"Jongin-ah.  Why didn't you stop the wedding?"  Evey.  She stares at me with those sad eyes, her skin is slightly tanned from the sun and her body is slightly covered with a navy blue polka dotted bikini, she makes me dizzy.  
 
"Why are you still wearing a bikini?"
 
"You should have come to me. You should have taken me away from Minho."
 
"I wanted to, I did, I wanted to, believe me!"  I move towards her for a chance to feel her next to me once again but she moves to the other side of the room.  She opens my bag and pulls out the box that holds my wedding ring.  How did she know it was there?  
 
"You are married now.  You can't be mine anymore.  You can't give me forever."
 
"No, I can, I can.  I can fix this.  You and I, we can be together.  Give me a chance to fix this, to make it how it should be.  I can give you forever."  I try to persuade her, but I can see that she doesn't believe me.  She keeps avoiding my advances.  I just want to hold her again, I want to feel her warmth…and her smooth skin and those parts underneath the bikini.  
 
"It wouldn't be right.  You have a wife.  This ring."  She holds it up to my face.  "This is forever with your wife."  She drops the ring, and I let it fall on the floor.  She turns to leave and I hold on to her wrist.  
 
"You can't leave me.  Not again."  
 
"Can you promise me forever?"  She says with her back still facing me.  She knows I can't, she knows I can't while I am still married to Yoona.  She leaves walking right through the doors.
 
I wake up from my Secret Garden-like dream.  "She looked amazing in that bikini."  I dress up for the dinner and think about my situation.  I have decided that I need to risk it all.  I am going to snatch Evey from Sehun and keep her by my side once and for all.  Now if only I can find a way.  Being married and all makes this very difficult.  I need Baekhyun and Luhan's advice as well as fate to play me another hand. 
 
. . . . .
 
The dinner is held at a high-end restaurant that overlooks the Pacific Ocean from the 35th floor.  I walk in with Luhan and Baekhyun, the others were already there starting cocktails and enjoying the view.  The two supported me in pursuing Evey, but had no idea of how to get rid of the marriage except for divorcing Yoona.  That'll look great for my rep, and my parents.  I'm stuck.  I already married with a contract and all kinds of stipulations.  I feel like everyday is like quicksand.  Now I have to really wait for fate to play it out.  
 
I look around for Sehun.  If Sehun is here then Evey is as well.  Oh man, Yoona.  Great.  
 
"Hubby, where have you been?  I've been waiting for you."  I keep scanning the room for Sehun.  She leads me to the bar and I order a drink.  
 
"Yoona, he's here!" One of Yoona's bridesmaids came running anxiously over to us.  Two more emerged.  I don't know what their names are.  I never paid attention long enough to learn their names.  Hmm, 'who's here' bridesmaid number 1?  
 
"Ya, shut up, my husband is right there."  I hear Yoona say, but pretend to not pay attention.  Where the hell is Sehun?  They better not be in that tub!
 
"He doesn't even pay attention to you, so what if he hears."  Bridesmaid number 2 says.  And is completely right about that.
 
"He is y."  Whispers another one.  Wait, who are they talking about?  Luhan?  Baekhyun?  Jongdae?  Those are the only guys in the private room with us, besides me, and obviously they aren't talking about me considering they are trying hard to prevent me from hearing their conversation.  They are doing a bad job at it.  Well, maybe it's the waiter they are whispering about.  Oh, nope, clearly they have better taste.  I bow to him.  
 
"Sehun!!"  Baekhyun yells across the room.  It's about time.  There she is.  They come in holding hands.  Sehun is leading her to Baek and Taeyeon.  They smile and hug each other.  Evey is scanning the room much like I was doing a bit ago.  Is she looking for me?  
 
"I can't tell if he's more handsome than Kai or if Kai is more handsome than him."  Who said that?  I turn to Yoona and her bridesmaids.  They are whispering and giggling to each other.  No way.  I start to laugh.  I walk out to the balcony and soak in the view of the night sky and the moon shine hitting the waves.  I bow a 90 degree bow towards the gods and godesses of fate and the card they just dealt me.